digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS. Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 pm   Reply with quote

Franish wrote:
I didn't find Phantom Hourglass enjoyable; looking back at it, it wasn't that great of a game, and I probably shouldn't have bought it. This game looks quite similar; I'll need to see more information about it, though, to consider purchasing it or not.

I actually enjoyed it.
Stuff Mart    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
Franish wrote:
I didn't find Phantom Hourglass enjoyable; looking back at it, it wasn't that great of a game, and I probably shouldn't have bought it. This game looks quite similar; I'll need to see more information about it, though, to consider purchasing it or not.

I actually enjoyed it.

Alright, cool. I didn't.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:54 pm   Reply with quote

? Block wrote:
New Zelda, eh? Well, I have to return from my self-imposed exile to comment on this.

It's good to know that Nintendo's back on track with its games, but it feels sort of like the Zelda series may be running out of steam. It's pretty clear that this game is working on the Phantom Hourglass engine. While I expressly hope that it won't be a rehash, I don't think that it'll do much to derail the Zelda formula. Either way, it looks like I'll have to track down my old Zelda games; I need to train before this game comes out.
olo pun

Anyways, looks decent enough for a look or two, but I doubt I'll like it very much.
The Town of Lix    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am   Reply with quote

I found Phantom Hourglass disappointing... and Link in that conductor's outfit... wow... and not in a good way for me. He looks so... wrong. oO

That train looks like it's straight out of a Donkey Kong game. Oh well, no big deal... xD but I did not like Phantom Hourglass's open dungeons and overall style, and I did not like how easy it was... I just didn't care for it in general as much as other Zelda games. This looks very similar, and I'm not excited for this game at all. I'll still give it a chance, though.

I'll hold onto my real excitement for the next Wii Zelda.
Dimension D    
KoopaParatroopaBlooper
Flying Goomba
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote

I have to say this doesn't look like much of an improvement from PH, but it seems Link has a Phantom by his side! I need to buy this game to find out why D:
KPTBal-Mart    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

The only thing I din't like about Phantom Hourglass was the temple of the Ocean King. Oh, god...
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 pm   Reply with quote

PH was short but it was fun for what it was

I'm not sure about the train in this game though
The Little Shop of Hario    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

The name Spirit Tracks also sounds more like one you'd use for a Zelda spin-off rather than a main title in the series. Or the name of a Zelda soundtrack. xD Oh well, maybe I'm just not giving them enough credit...
Dimension D    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:18 am   Reply with quote

I just hope the train thing isn't as bad as the sailing in PH... but it looks like it'll be worse. I'm excited because I still have a decent amount of hope for Zelda, but I'm not really impressed with the way this looks. Using a train gimmick makes it look ridiculous, but hey, this is the closest to a steampunk Zelda we'll ever get. ФֻФ
asdf    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 am   Reply with quote

I have now lost my faith in the LoZ series. The game looks identical to Phantom Hourglass, just without an explorable world and it has a train.
In my eyes, Phantom Hourglass was really sub-par. The storyline was extremely short, and the game only lasted as long as it did because of sidequests, which even then were fast.
NON BANNER    
koopakape
Supa Koopa

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am   Reply with quote

wellllllll being the zelda storyline-obsessed weirdo that I am, I'm curious as to if this game furthers the whole idea that Wind Waker's timeline ends up chaining up into Zelda 1 and 2's for NES (The future after Link beat Ganon then 'disappeared' in OOT, leading to Ganon coming back with no Link to stop him, leading to great flood, leading to going north to find new land; Zelda 1's Hyrule is utterly desolate as if it's what left after the Flood finally dried up, and the much more heavily and happily populated 'northern lands' is where Zelda II takes place. Sooooo, maybe, just maybe, Spirit Tracks'll be like Zelda II's mainland hundreds of years earlier or whatever. The palace looks kinda similar to the one Zelda's 'resting forever' in in Zelda II as well.. maybe we'll meet I AM ERROR's ancestor!)

See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:22 pm   Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is so *crag* Nintendo

HURRY GUYS WE NEED TO SLAP A NEW COAT OF PAINT ON THE LAST ZELDA DS GAME

WAIT

NO

PEOPLE WILL SUSPECT US IF WE USE BOATS AGAIN

TIM!

Whu...whut?

THINK OF A VEHICLE!

Well...I came on the subway today...

BRILLIANT! TRAINS! YOU GET THE PROMOTION!

Uh...K?

NOW ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS SHOVEL SOME NEW DUNGEON DESIGNS IN AND CALL IT A DAY

IM SO *crag* SMART
Popple's Secret Hideout    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

I still don't get why they can't make his bangs stick out in the front. I always thought having them flat on his face was retarded...
Geno's Tree    
Hug you blob NAO!
Super Tenebrae

HP: 100 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:08 am   Reply with quote

Horse, Boat now Trains. Whats next? Airplane. Though the train looks cool you wont be able to go wherever you please.
Tales of shop    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:20 am   Reply with quote

Tenebrae wrote:
Horse, Boat now Trains. Whats next? Airplane. Though the train looks cool you wont be able to go wherever you please.
Spirit Tracks. There may be a powerup to create tracks and go anywhere you want, possibly. Now that... would be epic. Running over monsters with a train...
WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY, TRAIN VERSION.
Junk shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews