digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Tito : Spam/Censor Bypass
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup

Guilty or Not?
Guilty
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Not Guilty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Meow Mod
Frozen

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

Defendant: Tito
Evidence: http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?p=1498888#1498888
Reason: Spam/Censor Bypass

Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:37 pm   Reply with quote

well I put an M tag

And how is this spam if it's my own topic that I made? People post plenty of picture-only topics and no one gets striked, is it suddenly illegal now?
The Little Shop of Hario    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:06 pm   Reply with quote

He put an [M] tag up, I don't see how it could be censor bypass.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:08 pm   Reply with quote

Alright, again, why are we allowed to post videos that use the F bomb if we use an [M] tag but images are forbidden?

Seriously.

Just remove all restrictions on censors in [M] threads. If a 12 year old kid goes into one, that's their damn fault as long as the meaning of [M] is explained to them.
Tamriellic Titles    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Alright, again, why are we allowed to post videos that use the F bomb if we use an [M] tag but images are forbidden?

Seriously.

Just remove all restrictions on censors in [M] threads. If a 12 year old kid goes into one, that's their damn fault as long as the meaning of [M] is explained to them.
... wow you have no sense of ethics.
The Carmadox Party    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

It's not so much ethics as it is sense.
On top of that, somehow, linking an image is more acceptable than posting the actual image.
NON BANNER    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:11 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

...You think hearing the f-bomb is worse than reading it?...
...I don't see how that is any better, if anything it's worse, [M] should get rid of any bypass...
~White Shy Guy

PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

Because seeing and hearing the f-word are two completely different things?
Console Merchandise    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

That was a pretty moronic post, Frozen.
Hell    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:36 pm   Reply with quote

A) Most of us don't give a flying shit for censored words, so why the hell ARE they censored?

B) If a 12-year-old DID come here, it's not like they already don't say it. I've heard 2nd graders cursing their little heads off. .-.

C) It has been stated before that an image/video with the f-bomb is allowed to be posted as long as there is an [M] tag. (Some other court case for this same reason.)

D) It has plenty of room for discussion, so it can't be spam.

Not Guilty. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Frozenwinters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

How so? I do believe it is our job as moderators to CHANGE this site from becoming 4chan, and I believe people who want the censors to be abolished, are just adding to that, and have poor views that are not supported by me.
The Carmadox Party    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

How so? I do believe it is our job as moderators to CHANGE this site from becoming 4chan, and I believe people who want the censors to be abolished, are just adding to that, and have poor views that are not supported by me.
The rules on the censors just aren't consistent. You can post a video on youtube full of cussing and get away, but one image saying the f word will get striked.
Hell    
Frozenwinters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

Seriously.

The rules on the censors just aren't consistent. You can post a video on youtube full of cussing and get away, but one image saying the f word will get striked.
Because a youtube video is easy to miss upon entering into a topic, and with pictures BAM no choice, there it is.
The Carmadox Party    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Because a youtube video is easy to miss upon entering into a topic, and with pictures BAM no choice, there it is.

Not a small picture. And how would linking the picture be any worse?

Last edited by Lord Bob on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
NON BANNER    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 pm   Reply with quote

I think it's kind of ridiculous that there's no way for anybody to post a video or image of any kind that contains any sort of cussing without being punished for it. I don't want the censors to be gone. I think they're good for the forum. But unlike words where you can have them censored, things like videos that contain even one of those words out of a 3000 word epic can be punishable, and the only way to avoid it is to not post it at all. You can converse with words while they're censored, but you really can't censor a video, and images are understandable to not censor, taking away from a joke or taking too much effort.
Some people who would see such videos and images would be offended by seeing or hearing it, though. That's why there's [M] tags. By using such, one could normally post the videos or images, or even text for everybody who would feel comfortable with it, while the people who would not wish to see stuff would be notified before seeing it, and would know not to go in the topic. Without the protection of [M] tags, one would not be able to post any of those things.

In fact, if [M] tags don't protect you from any part of the rules, why are they even used? Aren't they useless and do nothing? You can still appear to be striked through these.

This situation really needs to be resolved. Mature conversations should still be able to to be posted.
Anti-Francis Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup