digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Why most Atheists are ignorant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 pm   Reply with quote

So you're sort of like me. I don't believe in any one religion, but I believe in a supernatural deity. I'd call that nonreligious, really. I don't know what I'd call it.
The Town of Lix    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote

Well technically it is nonreligious since that implies a group believing the same thing.

In fact most Christians I know are like that.

So really you are just a theist.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:31 pm   Reply with quote

Is that a play on words I see there?
The Town of Lix    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Is that a play on words I see there?

Not intentionally.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
vdogam3r
kEvin

HP: 40 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote

I'ma Christian and the first post just you know, got to me.

Atheists are big jerkfaces >:C
Epic'ly Random    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:45 pm   Reply with quote

ad­min wrote:

Those that stick their believes in your face and try to foce you to swallow it, those are the jerks.

Then again, anyone who does that is a jerk.
The Town of Lix    
the coolest dude ever
Super Super-Dimento

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

im an atheist, but i respect other people's religion and will gladly go to church if someone asks. i just believe that if people did not argue so much over religion and kept there beliefs private, that there would be less fighting in the world. i mean look at the facts, most of the wars in the history of mankind have had something to do with religion. but i also believe that without SOME sort of belief, weather it be in atheism or religion, is necessary for the survival of mankind. but i do believe there i s a higher power of some sort but it wont control or lives or anything,just that there is something out there of a higher power than anything on earth.
The Magic Market!    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:33 pm   Reply with quote

I just don't believe. Period. And I let others believe whatever the hell they want.

Atheist is an awfully strong word, though.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
vdogam3r
kEvin

HP: 40 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
ad­min wrote:

Those that stick their believes in your face and try to foce you to swallow it, those are the jerks.

Then again, anyone who does that is a jerk.

I was expecting to get flamed for the jerkfaces comment.
I applaud you. :]

And that's who I'm talking about.
Epic'ly Random    
AMNESIAC
amnesiac

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, my... Where to start...

You bring yourself to the level of the arrogant, closed-minded atheists you hate. Are you not tolerant of others beliefs? Does it not occur to you that, for some reason, people may not be able to believe in a god?

Quote:
Because one they are jackasses because many think they are smarter than everyone else because they choose the simple way out, aka "None of the Above."

Generalization... How is a lack of faith simple? It is really kind of unsettling to believe that when you die, there is nothing.

I myself consider myself more agnostic, and I can respect others beliefs, but I really do consider myself smarter than those who cannot consider the possibility that their own beliefs are wrong.

Quote:
Secondly because they have stupid arguments.

"You can't ask me to prove prove god doesn't exist because it's a double negative."

What?

What?

You don't have to *crag* prove something doesn't exist, you have to prove that it is not necessary for it to exist.

This is the flaw in the atheist argument and this is why they will always deny debate on the subject.

Why? Because it's easy to prove a god is necessary for the universe to exist.

God isn't necessary for the universe to exist. You can say that universe cannot have existed since the beginning of time, however how can god have existed since the beginning of time? The answer many Christians give as to God's origin is that, "He has always been." Why is this argument invalid for the universe?

Quote:
Reason 1: Nothing.

This is pretty easy. Nothing can only produce Nothing. Meaning something had to have produced the universe.

Almost all scientists, including Sir Stephen Hawking, agree that the universe has only existed for a finite amount of time.

By admitting this, one also has to admit that something need to CAUSE the universe to happen, and as of today that is still unexplained.

That, sir, is a logical fallacy. Belief by many does not rectify a belief, neither would belief by all. Also, the big bang theory. Seriously.

Quote:
Reason 2: Basic *crag* Math.

Atheists and Scientists alike really like their data. It let's them sleep comfortably at night because they have the side of "It's Possible."

But what you will never hear is "It's Improbable."

That is because according to the basic principle of spontaneous generation and macro evolution, the existence of life, let alone any life at all, is a fluke at best.

What's worse is that even giving that life many have started on it's own, the development of intelligence is a completely different story.

Another fallacy... Just because something is improbable doesn't mean it is improbable, and if you look at the vastness of the universe, life is likely to occur at some point.

Quote:
Reason 3: Through Death and Back.

... and I am agnostic just because of shit like this.

However, all NDEs are simply the word of those who experienced them, and there is no proof. They really can't be used as an argument.

Quote:

It means *crag* off.

People have the right to believe whatever they want, especially when atheists can not back any of their claims up.

Do atheists not have a right to believe what they want to believe, too? You are being just as bad as they are.

Most of my friends are atheists, and while I acknowledge the possibility of a god, I also believe that every single organized religion is a piece of shit. We don't go around trying to convert people. However, religion is shoved down our throats all the time. Now, do we not have a right to fight back?

See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:53 pm   Reply with quote

Atheist do not have the right to believe what they want to because most are arrogant ass holes who don't have the data to back up any of their claims.

Besides I don't believe in a god completely, I'm really more agnostic.

But I hate people and their stupid ideas.

Also, god has not been proven unnecessary.

The Big Bang does not explain where the Big Bang came from, and thus my point of nothing can produce nothing still stands.

Secondly, improbable is still improbable.

The odds of life getting to this point on it's own is *crag* astronomical and the conditions that life can develop under only add to that.

Until there is hard proof that evolution is responsible for the phenomenon known has consciousness then the possibly of interference still exist.

Improbable doesn't have to be impossible, just improbable.

Third, NDEs have been studied and numerous cases support them.

I'm not some *crag* idiot who believes in the *crag* loch ness monster, there is hard science to support the facts.

The entire idea of NDEs has little to do with what people see, it's the fact they do see them.

NDEs occur in brain dead people, the blind are able to see in NDEs, and numerous cases have been reported in which an NDE patient has obtained information they could never have known while in their near death state.

It is true that we do not know all that controls the brain, but still, the idea of the soul is still possible.

Atheists are *crag* ignronant because they live for and by the facts and nothing else.

Yet they don't have the facts to back anything up.

They claim to be faithless, but is that not itself the very *crag* definition of faith?

This is why I hate people, and this is why I hate atheist.

They are the same exact people they claim to be better than.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:31 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Atheist do not have the right to believe what they want to because most are arrogant ass holes who don't have the data to back up any of their claims.

Popple wrote:
most

See, you almost had it there. Yes, most atheists are arrogant assholes, but then you went back to the rash generalization that there's no such thing as an atheist who realizes that his belief is just that: a belief.

There are those who think they're superior and that anybody who disagrees is stupid... but doesn't the same hold true with all religions? It's incredibly ironic- and, ironically enough, arrogant- that you accuse all atheists of being religiously intolerant.

The way I see it, both theism and atheism are possibilities. It's foolish to think one to be absolute truth and deny the other is possible, but you see, not everyone does that. We aren't in the middle ages anymore. ФֻФ
asdf    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:48 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
So you're sort of like me. I don't believe in any one religion, but I believe in a supernatural deity. I'd call that nonreligious, really. I don't know what I'd call it.
Deist
Choco's    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

Two Men E. Toe Stars wrote:
Popple wrote:

Popple wrote:
most

See, you almost had it there. Yes, most atheists are arrogant assholes, but then you went back to the rash generalization that there's no such thing as an atheist who realizes that his belief is just that: a belief.

There are those who think they're superior and that anybody who disagrees is stupid... but doesn't the same hold true with all religions? It's incredibly ironic- and, ironically enough, arrogant- that you accuse all atheists of being religiously intolerant.

The way I see it, both theism and atheism are possibilities. It's foolish to think one to be absolute truth and deny the other is possible, but you see, not everyone does that. We aren't in the middle ages anymore. ФֻФ

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I *crag* HATE ORGANIZED RELIGION

I'm not saying Christians aren't dicks and Muslims aren't assholes, I'm just saying the Atheists do it too and no one ever *crag* cares.

The Jews are the only ones who seem to be *crag* content with other people having opinions, and even if they weren't god forbid we give a little wiggle room to the one people that have been oppressed throughout every *crag* age of history.

Atheism is still a *crag* religion in my book, but most of them are too *crag* arrogant to realize that.

Every religious person is intolerant to other people, that is how it *crag* works.

This is why I hate people, and that will likely never change.

If your belief system has a name, you need to go kill yourself.

Unless you're like, Buddhist.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
prince kamoro

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm   Reply with quote

I'm an athiest, and I am offended. I may not know EVERYTHING, but that doesn't mean I explain everything I don't know with God. I just accept that the human mind is incapable of comprehending certain things and I just move on with life.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion