digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Madame Majorie's School for the Elements [Admissions Office]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 pm   Reply with quote

Oh my. I forgot about that. But yeah, it would be manipulating it using electricity, I guess.
The Town of Lix    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

For Violet, I dunno. If she was 18 I guess it could be stretched since she's only a year from normal graduation, but I dunno about 17.
The Shop on a Hill    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 pm   Reply with quote

I never really did give her a set age, so I may as well.

Name: Violet Yoshi

Student or Teacher: Teacher, Math and Sciences

Element: Water

Fighting Style: Staff-based Water Magic, tends to favor disillusioning and subtlety over direct conflict.

Specific Elemental Power: The ability to conjure and manipulate Water and Ice, most often in the form of ice shards, icy downpours, and mist.

Appearance:

History: The most level-headed of Black Yoshi's three daughters, Violet was always better at rationalizing and acting as a mentor to her sisters Rogue and Iris. While her abilities may not have as much raw power as either of her sisters, she is better at utilizing her power. This is also contributed to by the fact that she is a huge bookworm and avid artist, something she inherited from her mother. All of this led Violet to believe that teaching would probably come naturally to her, so she decided to apply for a position as a teacher somewhere where her heritage wouldn't cause any trouble.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Domain of Secrets    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, if you didn't set the age could you make it 19 so that it's officially official?

And the arts and lit is already taken; she's gonna have to be math and science teacher.

And PQ you were beaten to the punch. :[
The Shop on a Hill    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

I'm fine with that. Made the changes already.
The Domain of Secrets    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to ask, is her special ability weather? Since generally water elementalists can control water and ice. I guess I wasn't specific for the special abilities. It's usually gonna be something that your character does that separates them from other elementalists of the same element.
The Shop on a Hill    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

I'm actually thinking of knocking down The Blacksmith's (That's what I call him) age down to 21, actually. 26 seems too old for someone like him, really. Especially considering him and all...
The Town of Lix    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
Oh I forgot to ask, is her special ability weather? Since generally water elementalists can control water and ice. I guess I wasn't specific for the special abilities. It's usually gonna be something that your character does that separates them from other elementalists of the same element.

Her specialty would probably be her ability to effectively factor in minor touches of other elements, thanks to being a GW-style Elementalist. In other words, combining a water jet with some Fire Magic to create superheated blasts of steam, adding wind to make driving blizzards, and the like.

Also... how should she make her entrance into the main topic, being a teacher and all? :U
The Domain of Secrets    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote

Any age 19 or older for a teacher is fine.

Also, FW asked me about the campus, and I forgot that I didn't define it. I'll post it here and also edit my first post.

There are three main buildings to the campus: the student dorms, the main hall (the columned building), and the faculty residence. The main hall is the largest and prettiest, kinda like famous government buildings down in Washington DC. The student dorms are like an apartment building, with shared dorms filling the lower floors. Upperclassmen dorms are the upper floors. The smallest building is the faculty residence, which looks like 5 townhouses stuck together.

The main hall is where most of the action takes place. It holds the classrooms, the phys. ed facilities, and the cafeteria. Behind it is a greenhouse which includes regular plants, crazy plants, and veggies. The classrooms include a science lab, small library, and an art studio. The gym facilities include a full weight room, cardiovascular machines, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.

The entire campus has beautiful landscaping. The walkways that lead from each building are lined with flowering trees and bushes, and there are small benches throughout to just sit and chill while eating lunch. Behind the student dorms is a small lake suitable for swimming, boating, fishing, and other water-related recreation, even ice-skating in the winter. There's also a beach by the lake.
The Shop on a Hill    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:57 pm   Reply with quote

Can you give more water-specific details about it? For this, it's kinda limited to one element alignment, though my explanation for the headmistress's ability to use other elements is because water enables life, so recognizing the water in others' bodies allows her to use their weakened, mundane elemental ability.

And I sorta set up a situation you could use in the intro topic.
The Shop on a Hill    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:04 pm   Reply with quote

In that case...

Yeah, she can control the weather when she really needs to... she just never does in her homeland, because it's basically one-upping the Goddess of Nature, and nobody needs a pissed Mother Nature. She can practice it here, though.
The Domain of Secrets    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 am   Reply with quote

Awh.

Well, I'll just use my idea as a student, then~

Name: Nina Bruyant
Student
Element: Water
Fighting Style: Chemical warfare. Oshi--
Specific Elemental Power: Is very specific, actually. Her power is to create a sort of shield or buffer using water, though she can't make anything near large enough to shield, say, a person. This allows her to work with chemicals ordinarily too dangerous to handle: as long as it's in aqueous solution (or high enough humidity) and she's focused enough, she can keep the individual molecules from A. making contact, B. flying apart, or C. elsewise going batshit. Does that make any sense? D:

Appearance: Kind of bony, tall, hair's gone gray early. Tends to dress in T-shirts and jeans. Utterly unremarkable. I'll put her through Body Shop a little later.

History: Her parents thought her fairly ordinary, if a little preoccupied with her chemistry sets. Then it came out that she was buying fluorine gas over the internets. Freaking out, her mom interrupted her in the middle of an experiment. She burned the house down.

So yeah. She wound up shipped off to Marjorie's as well.
--She's basically that kid sitting next to you in homeroom. The one who is possibly plotting world domination. Yeah, knock off the "possibly" and you've got Nin.
--She's kind of an awkward little budding villainess, though, and most of her threats tend to fall flat. 8D

...I am such a nerd. :B[/color]
Buzzy Mart    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:25 am   Reply with quote

So she uses water as a barrier between her and her mad science experiments? And I like her aqueous chemical powers. :>
The Shop on a Hill    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 am   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
So she uses water as a barrier between her and her mad science experiments? And I like her aqueous chemical powers. :>
Something like.

Chemistry ftw. :shitty:
Buzzy Mart    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:31 am   Reply with quote

I'm gonna sign up a younger version of Alexander here, as well.

Name: Alexander
Student or Teacher: Student
Element: Fire, but requires some Air to help control his powers.
Fighting Style: He carries brass knuckles on him, so he uses melee combat alongside his powers, either sweeping quick columns of fire, or an uppercut trailed with fire. His fighting style was heavily influenced by his teacher.
Specific Elemental Power: His power is really pyrokinesis, meaning he can control fire, and make it appear and all that jazz. The reason he requires learning air, is so that his powers don't go out of control, meaning if someone was able to restrict that control...

He is also able to detect divine energy at work, due to his nature.
Appearance:
Slightly younger than that, however.
History: Alexander, as with my alt Alexander, is an incarnation of Hope, meaning he shares the various memories he has acquired in his various lives. In this one, however, he was nothing more than a human with the ability of pyrokinesis with him, due to the various levels of power. He lived a life with his elemental parents, until he was the age of 13.

The Town of Lix    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play