digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Madame Majorie's School for the Elements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Francine
Alexandra Luft

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 pm   Reply with quote

She had received a letter. It was another invitation to an element school. Said all the same things as the others, about how she was a special person who could go for some special training for her special abilities. All of them said that. Allie sometimes wondered if college brochures sounded like that.

She never showed the letters to her parents. They wouldn't care anyway. A lot of the schools required a tuition, and she knew that they would never cease fighting about who has to pay what for her education. The ones that didn't seemed interesting, but they were often far, requiring one of her parents to driver her. Just another thing to fight about. They even fought about whose genes gave her the gift of air.

Allie had pretty much given up on the hope that she could go to some elemental boarding school instead of being tossed back and forth by her parents. She could simply take up as many activities and party invites as she could from her friends to stay away from home. Besides, she had heard that her town high school had an element club, so she could just get her elementalist knowledge there.

But for Allie, this school was a saving grace. No tuition, no need for parents to drop her off. She didn't even have to tell them she would be going; she could disappear. The only thing standing in her was was book purchases and the exact method of transportation to the school.

After describing the facilities and classes, all of the utmost quality, the hand-written invitation read: "After submitting the application form to the admissions office, you will be sent a confirmation letter for your records. Transportation to the school is relay only on you. Included with this confirmation letter is a small vial of water. This is no ordinary water; this is the Water of Life, teeming with microorganisms that have the ability to manipulate the elements, just like you. Drink this Water, then kill yourself using your element. These instructions will also be included in your confirmation letter."

Allie was flabbergasted. Kill herself? What? Was this a sick joke? She had definitely heard of the Majorie School, but this had to be a fake. No school would ask its prospective students to kill themselves or even drink some dirty water. She hid the letter in her bedside drawer and didn't look at it for a month.

As the deadline approached to submit the application, Allie started thinking about the letter again. Each day she would pace around her room, thinking about the letter. Finally, she opened the drawer, filled out the application, and sent it in the mail. As she was about to put the letter in the mailbox, it turned into water and dripped through her fingers. Extremely confused, she walked back to her house.

The confirmation letter was already on her dining room table when she got home. Quickly, she took it and brought it to her room. The vial was indeed included with the letter, which she stored in her dresser. It held no more water than a thimble, but Allie could feel the elemental energy pulsing from the liquid. She kept it in her secret box, which included a wedding picture of her parents, and went off to gather her things for school. Move-in day was only a week away, and she needed to be as covert around her parents as possible.

After buying the books and packing her bags, Allie pondered on how she was going to teleport herself. How does one kill themselves with air? As she snapped her fingers, a nervous habit when she thinks, small puffs of smoke rose from her palm. And the idea struck her; she could suffocate herself with smoke.

On move-in day, she retrieved the vial of Water from her box, sat on her bed, and drank it. It tasted like normal water, but it made her feel more alive than any energy drink could. She raised her hands and filled the room with smoke. Coughing, she took a deep breath, feeling the polluted air fill her lungs. She thought she was going to die, and was so afraid and regretful of her decision.

But then she felt the feeling of energy again, just like when she drank the Water. Opening her eyes, she saw through the fading smoke a grand white building. Each of its four columns held a different carving; one with flames, one with drops, one with leaves, and one with gusts. Fire, water, earth, air.

She was home.

Two years later, Allie is having the time of her life. Using smoke to travel became second nature. Her parents were eventually contacted about her admission to the school, and for once they agreed on something: she was in trouble and should have told them, but they were happy for her.

As her third year at the school nears, Allie is the only one out of her friends in her town to be excited for the start of school.

Last edited by Alexandra Luft on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Shop on a Hill    
Francine
Madame Majorie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

((DOUBLE POST LOL))

"First day of school again. Mmm... I can smell the sharpening of pencils already," Madame Majorie thought to herself as she straightened out the folds on her clothes. Patiently awaiting the students to teleport onto the platform, she stood next to the teachers. The water teacher was curiously missing. "Thomas, is your colleague still getting ready for new student induction?"

"I'm not sure, I haven't seen her all morning."

"Hmm," was all she added.

In a sudden burst of grey smoke, Alexandra Luft appeared with her trademark floral suitcase and bright orange backpack.

"Ah, Allie. Welcome back to school." Madame walked up and gave her a hug. "Only one more year until your own dorm room! Are you excited?"

"Finally I'll get my own shower!" Allie beamed at the headmistress and also hugged Mr. Martin before going off into her dorm room to unpack.

Last edited by Madame Majorie on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Shop on a Hill    
Bartz Klauser
Ferus Astrum

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:56 pm   Reply with quote

The Blacksmith, known here as Kevin, stood with the teachers, and was looking at the teleporter.

"She'll be here soon. Give her some time and all. Another long year ahead of us, eh? Wonder if it'll be like last year..."
The Town of Lix    
Black Yoshi
Violet Yoshi

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 pm   Reply with quote

A swirling rift opened up in the air near the rest of the teachers. A young woman came bursting out through the vortex, clutching a bag in one hand and an ornate-looking staff in the other. As the rift closed behind her, Violet quickly scrambled over to where her new colleagues were waiting.

Gods, I really need to learn how to find my way around The Mists better. I almost got pummeled by a Titan just warping here. I hope I'm not awfully late...
The Domain of Secrets    
Francine
Thomas Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 pm   Reply with quote

Thomas chuckled. "No, you're just in time. We've only had one student come in, and of course it's Allie, the third year, of course. She loves this school.

And I hope it's not just like last year; I had to get a few upperclassmen to help me calm the hydrogen fire in the science lab. Now I know why the Hidenburg couldn't be controlled."

Two more students, a Fire fourth year and Earth second year, came in through a pillar of flame and a granite spire on the teleportation platform. They greeted the teachers, and Madame Majorie also gave them hugs before they went to find their new dorm rooms.
The Shop on a Hill    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:36 pm   Reply with quote

Trinity put her hair up in a few ribbons, and decorated her pockets with a few of her favourite key-chains. Her bags were packed, and soon she would be traveling to a place that she couldn't even imagine. It felt just like yesterday that she had received a letter in the mail asking her to join an Elemental School. This was the first and only school to ask for her attendance... not like it was a bad thing. This school fascinated her; the air looked warm, the scenery was pretty, and the words fascinated her.

It was only a year before that her parents found out she was a "gifted" child. She was just happy that they accepted it, liked they accepted most of her life decisions. Trinity was a strange child, who was often picked on in school. However she never raised her temper, for she knew that the reason they paid so much attention to her, was completely her fault. ANYWAYS.

The message in the letter had told her that she would have to kill herself in her own power. She never thought about using her fire powers in a harmful way before... then again she never had thought about killing herself. Sure, she was a picked on child, but never that.

Her parents assured her that this school was right for her, and that if they wouldn't tell you to do anything that would harm you in anyway. She thought about this moment while drinking the vile of water, and soon after burning herself to death in the middle of her favourite meadow. She was happy.

---

Her smile was bright as she appeared in the new world. She let out a calm sigh, and took in the air.

Skylar arrived right after her. This was his second year at campus. He loved this school, as it was a nice get-away.
The Carmadox Party    
Francine
Madame Majorie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 pm   Reply with quote

"Ah, welcome to Madame Majorie's School for the Elements! I'm Madame Majorie, the headmistress, and I can tell you're a first year for you have an unfamiliar face." She went up and hugged the girl. "And Skylar, welcome back to school as well."

With another embrace, she directed her attention to the girl. "And your element is... don't tell me..." Closing her eyes, she used her water powers to figure out the student's body chemistry. "Fire! Splendid! We happen to have a renowned fire elementalist as part of our distinguished faculty, as you've learned from the letter we sent you. This is your element teacher, Mr. Martin."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, and we'll be sure to form your powers into abilities that will set you apart for every other elementalist out there." Thomas stepped up to her and shook her hand. "What's your name?"
The Shop on a Hill    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 am   Reply with quote

(disregard the fail plz)

Last edited by Macha on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Buzzy Mart    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 am   Reply with quote

((Martin got to school the wrong way D:))
The Shop on a Hill    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 am   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
((Martin got to school the wrong way D:))
((I'd assumed since he'd been here before... D:

/fail

I'm not sure how one would teleport using plants, though. o_o))
Buzzy Mart    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am   Reply with quote

((I dunno, vines come out of the ground and pull him under, then where he teleports to, vines come out of the ground and go back in, leaving him intact))
The Shop on a Hill    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:33 pm   Reply with quote

Antonio appeared in a puff of black smoke on the platform.

"...This is the year I get a dorm room."
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 pm   Reply with quote

Skylar nodded at the teachers as he passed by, and made his way toward the dorms.

"Oh... My name's Trinity." She tried to stretch a smile, and placed out her hand. This was the right thing to do... right?
The Carmadox Party    
Bartz Klauser
Ferus Astrum

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:57 pm   Reply with quote

"Heh. At least I'm guessing there'll be someone cheerful that isn't as irritating as Allie. God, I wish I had domination over a different element 'cause of that kid."
The Town of Lix    
LoudKid
Jack Marks

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

Jack sighed as he adjusted his sunglasses. The stick of the lollipop he had in his mouth switched sides. 'No new Earth students this year.' he thought. He shifted his weight from left to right, his hands back in his pockets as he stayed witness to the trickling stream of incoming students.

Last edited by Jack Marks on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play