digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

LBP For PSP [kind of old]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Sync wrote:
Bartz Klauser wrote:
Sync wrote:
Here Tyler, i'll give you a good argument. You just lit me up, and i'm going for it now. :C

It may not be a port naturally, but it's a port by heart. It's basically the same thing, just butchered around and shit.
Going by that logic, entire series are ports of the first game, simply because they're "ports at heart". Is this the case? No.
I don't see what you're aiming at.

Sequels are usually completely different. This one looks like LBP with some major changes.
A lot of sequels actually feature the same gameplay. Seriously. Just a few new items in the formula and a new story is what makes them different. Look at Final Fantasy I and II, Most Onimusha games, Resident Evil, Secret of Mana and it's sequel, Disgaea and Disgaea 2, KOTOR and KOTOR II. Now, really. Those don't really have different gameplay elements. They have differences only in story, and a few new items in the mix.

Resident Evil games got new gameplay shit as the series advanced. And how the *crag* can you compare FFI and FFII? The gameplay mechanics were completely different.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am   Reply with quote

Bartz Klauser wrote:
Secret of Mana and it's sequel

Seiken Densetsu 3 changed around the fighting system quite a bit, and introduced a ton of new and different features.

I really can't see how you can compare the two. It's like comparing Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2.

Oh wait, you did that, too.
Paradeem 8    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 am   Reply with quote

Crappy Blue Luigi wrote:
Bartz Klauser wrote:

Seiken Densetsu 3 changed around the fighting system quite a bit, and introduced a ton of new and different features.

I really can't see how you can compare the two. It's like comparing Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2.

And SoM is a little ways different from FFA in terms of the magic system. The combat system was also improved, but magic is the most drastic change.
And there were less robot chocobos.
NON BANNER    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am   Reply with quote

Take Mario games, for example.
You're saying New Super Mario Bros. is a port of the original.
Shrowser's Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am   Reply with quote

The entire point of a port is to get a game that works on one system to work on another system without drastically altering the game itself. This ranges from just edits to flat out rebuilding it.

That's exactly what LBPSP here is doing.

Plus, what kind of sequel is named after the first one word for word, has little indication of actually being a sequel AND works exceedingly similar to the first?

Last edited by Spiny on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemstone Goods    
vdogam3r
kEvin

HP: 40 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:22 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74386
Epic'ly Random    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:49 pm   Reply with quote

I'm totally buying this when it comes out.
Koop    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
The entire point of a port is to get a game that works on one system to work on another system without drastically altering the game itself. This ranges from just edits to flat out rebuilding it.

Plus, what kind of sequel is named after the first one word for word, has little indication of actually being a sequel AND works exceedingly similar to the first?
its name isn't even confirmed yet dumbass :|

it's in EARLY DEVELOPMENT STAGES.

Please stop being stupid about this.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:14 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Spiny wrote:

its name isn't even confirmed yet dumbass :|

it's in EARLY DEVELOPMENT STAGES.

Please stop being stupid about this.

Please stop using reversable logic if you're gonna counter something
Gemstone Goods    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:31 pm   Reply with quote

So New Super Mario Bros is a port?

If you knew anything about ports you'd know they're NOT BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP, like this game is.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:

If you knew anything about ports you'd know they're NOT BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP, like this game is.

Then how would it interact with the original LBP, retain similar elements and be PSP friendly if it wasnt?
Gemstone Goods    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:05 pm   Reply with quote

SUPER BLUE LUIGI 64-BIT wrote:
Bartz Klauser wrote:

There's the part about the new items in the mix, you know.

I feel like an idiot right now. Sorry. The fighting system was kinda similar, actually, with the ring system, and the ATB. The only real gameplay change were seeds, the day/night and week system, and the job change thing, if I'm missing anything.

And *crag*, did I compare FFI and FFII? I feel like an idiot right now. But yeah, you guys are right. But what I'm trying to point out is that the core gameplay mechanics remain the same throughout sequels. Final Fantasy retained it's turn-based battles, and it's monolithic storyline aspects, Seiken Densetsu 3 retained the battle system with some changes, Disgaea kept the battle system with a few changes, KOTOR kept the battle system, changed the equipment upgrade system and etc. You guys see my point, right? Of course there are gonna be new elements, that's why I talked about new items being thrown in there. No one wants the same game with a new storyline and a different title.

So are we gonna get back to the topic now?
The Town of Lix    
Bremmy
R. S. Buzzy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:14 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Tyler wrote:

interact with the original LBP -PSP to PS3 interactivity is relatively simple to to (See Resistance series)

retain similar elements - A sequel does not have to have 100% new content to be called a sequel

PSP friendly -I'd imagine if it's being built from the ground up FOR PSP, it would be PSP friendly.
Heff T.'s Fridge    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 pm   Reply with quote

Shrowser wrote:
Take Mario games, for example.
You're saying New Super Mario Bros. is a port of the original.
How? NSMB is in no way even slightly similar to the original besides the platforming elements, 2 of the items and the whole flagpole system.
Hammerspace    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Tyler wrote:

Then how would it interact with the original LBP, retain similar elements and be PSP friendly if it wasnt?
games like pokemon blue interacted with pokemon stadium. they don't have to be ports to interact Neutral

And who gives a shit if it's a similiar game? It's most likely going to contain new gameplay elements; even then, who gives a shit? Portable LittleBigPlanet!
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews