digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Goron Mask : It\'s racist
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup

Guilty or Not?
Guilty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not Guilty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Not guilty. I don't see how it's racist. And even if it was, there's no rules against racism. What was posted was discrimination. Discrimination ≠ Racism.

———————————>awesome

Go grab a dictionary and look up the word "discrimination." ФֻФ
asdf    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote

I know what it means. All discrimination is racist, but not all racism is discrimination.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
DAT ASS
Arson

HP: 89 MP: 0 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
I know what it means. All discrimination is racist, but not all racism is discrimination.

———————————>awesome

I want to murder you for this post. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard from anybody, in my entire LIFE. Are you trolling us, or are you really that stupid?

Sorry for being harsh, but really now.
Closed.    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Not guilty. I don't see how it's racist. And even if it was, there's no rules against racism. What was posted was discrimination. Discrimination ≠ Racism.

———————————>awesome
Hell    
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:

———————————>awesome
Discrimination DOES equal Racism, you NUMBNUT! WHAT IS THIS PLACE FULL OF, RETARDS? There are a FEW members here with GOOD sense of things around here. YOU need to READ THE *crag* ING RULES, YOU ASSWIPE! I can take SOME stupidity, but THIS?!? THIS IS STUPIDITY AT IT'S HIGHEST DEGREE! You need to LEARN things. As far as I can tell, you haven't passed Grade 6.

Guilty. Racism DOES NOT have a hiding place, EVER!
The BroBot Market    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 am   Reply with quote

Actually, to be a dictionary fag...

Discrimination is degrading treatment because of a superficial characteristic.
Racism is degrading treatment because of the superficial characterisitic of one's approximate genetic origin as expressed by one's phenotype.

So... discrimination is a spunk flavored lollipop,
and racism is a chocolate flavored... spunk flavored lollipop.

I need to review that metaphor.

Anyway, that's just basic code of conduct. There are some basic rules of politeness which you do not effing' cross.

I think that we should take a look at the rules and review that.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
The King of all Worlds
CountBleck

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am   Reply with quote

NOT GUILTY!It should be the user who posted up the video.Not Goron Mask!But that video is racist

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 am   Reply with quote

Roll wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:

———————————>awesome

I want to murder you for this post. This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard from anybody, in my entire LIFE. Are you trolling us, or are you really that stupid?

Sorry for being harsh, but really now.
Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with me, yesterday.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:36 pm   Reply with quote

I'd like to clarify that discrimination based on race, religion, and ethnicity is against the rules. Racism is a form of discrimination based on race.

Goron Mask made a video about a black individual stating stereotypes about herself (I be so black *crag* shit nigga give me some chicken and whatnot) and posted it here (A place that doesn't allow such content). That is racism; whether or not Goron Mask is a racist individual, the video was made with the intent of being racist, and posted here, seemingly, to test the rules. That doesn't excuse the video's content.

I'll let the mods decide whether it's guilty or not. Some of them have their priorities so skewed, though, so it'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Quote:
This is the first time this has been upheld. Ever.

It's been upheld before, but some of the mods somehow find penis jokes and censor bypass far more important and ethically inappropriate offenses than racism, so, yeah. There's a problem that needs fixing.
The Highwind Goods Store    
I TROL U
Mantis15

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:43 pm   Reply with quote

The only problem I have with deciding on this is the fact it wasn't directed towards anyone...

I do understand how it can be racist but...
Relations 'R' Us    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:47 pm   Reply with quote

Mantis15 wrote:
The only problem I have with deciding on this is the fact it wasn't directed towards anyone...

I do understand how it can be racist but...

It doesn't have to be directed towards anyone. Someone could make a topic entitled "All Gays Should Die," but we would still say, "hey, this goes too far. You need to be punished."

Even if it wasn't directed towards anyone in particular.

Not that Goron Mask did anything that extreme; just an example at how discrimination doesn't need to be directed towards anyone to be considered inappropriate.
The Highwind Goods Store    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:00 pm   Reply with quote

Damn it Cid and Zelnor you beat me to it

So not guilty because of improper striking
Choco's    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:41 pm   Reply with quote

You know I'll be honest, the only reason I hit not-guilty because the reason was improperly typed, if this was even a decent strike it would be classified as "racism" not "It's racist". The person who typed out the reason must have had assburgers and was looking at old posts, hence why I didn't expect this to be taken seriously and from whats in this topic so far and how the mods haven't voted on this yet I was correct.

And Cid I didn't post this to test the rules, if I was gonna do that I'd come up with something abit more clever than posting a racist video I made. Also from the way your interpreting the rules anything posted thats considered racist should get a strike.

Now if we look at it that way and how many racist posts one can find on this forum we would soon find out not many people have not gotten striked for racism meaning that the mods aren't really moderating racist posts. That is the only reason why no votes have been casted, the mods are aware of this and because the strike was given 4 days after the post was made so they can easily ignore this strike. So move along skiddies, nobody gives a shit, etc.
Some store that sells shit    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Court Backup