digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Paranoia Agent
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

the dump reminded me of this show.

It's weird as hell. So far, from what I understand, it's about a delusional kid "curing" delusional people by whacking them on the head with a baseball bat... bleh.

All of these people have problems... like the woman with a split personality... teacher by day, and... uh... something else by night.

And the group of people trying to commit suicide that has an 8 year old girl that doesn't know very much about death trying to commit suicide with them.

It's hard as heck to follow but from what I know, the cause of all of this freaking trouble is a little pink dog...

I don't really know. This show confuses the heck out of me. Anyone ever watch it?
rawrshop    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:25 pm   Reply with quote

Ah. I think I've seen it once, a while ago. I had trouble following what was going on, as well. The episode involved a guy and his daughter, or something. Memory's a bit fuzzy. Buh huh huh.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Emma-chan

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:28 pm   Reply with quote

I like that show. :3 I've seen every episode of it... twice. o: never confused me. XD

Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:34 pm   Reply with quote

I think I know what your'e talking about. What network is it on, if any?

I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 pm   Reply with quote

Its a "Mad World" really
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 pm   Reply with quote

this kind of defines the show watch

Dark World Shop of Magic    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 pm   Reply with quote

Bridget wrote:
little pink dog...

Wut?

the pokemon among flowers
Shaymin

HP: 4 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:49 pm   Reply with quote

I watched the show, and it took forever to understand. Soon as I did though, it made sense. :B

The series theme is somewhat about believing in something so much that it becomes real. That's why Maniwa saw the doll things dancing, that's why Tsukiko's Maromi talked, blah de blah.

Everyone in the show who's a victim is usually just looking for a quick escape rather than toughing it out for themselves - which is what that slugger guy did for them.

Then again, I like to call myself PSYCHOLOGICAL and read into a lot of things - but as far as I know, Paranoia Agent was meant to be more meaningful than it lets on.

edit: lol more serious business babbling

Maromi and Little Slugger are actually one in the same as per last episode, Maromi the pink dog character being a reincarnation of the dog she used to have. She had let it wander off and it got hit by a car - but she didn't want to tell that to her dad so she made up a story about being "knocked out" by a guy with a golden bat, thus making it not her fault that the dog wandered off. (Or it was that he killed the dog, something like that.)
That was 10 years before the start of the series, though - but she pretty much used Little Slugger as an excuse in the first episode but had believed in it so much he "came back to life".

You have my MSN, you can ask me random questions and I'll probably answer them D:
persium/shaymin has a shop!!!    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 pm   Reply with quote

Paranoia Agent rules, one of my favorite animes.
The Little Shop of Hario    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 am   Reply with quote

I liked the video game episode it was funny
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:39 pm   Reply with quote

Persium wrote:
I watched the show, and it took forever to understand. Soon as I did though, it made sense. :B

The series theme is somewhat about believing in something so much that it becomes real. That's why Maniwa saw the doll things dancing, that's why Tsukiko's Maromi talked, blah de blah.

Everyone in the show who's a victim is usually just looking for a quick escape rather than toughing it out for themselves - which is what that slugger guy did for them.

Then again, I like to call myself PSYCHOLOGICAL and read into a lot of things - but as far as I know, Paranoia Agent was meant to be more meaningful than it lets on.

edit: lol more serious business babbling

Maromi and Little Slugger are actually one in the same as per last episode, Maromi the pink dog character being a reincarnation of the dog she used to have. She had let it wander off and it got hit by a car - but she didn't want to tell that to her dad so she made up a story about being "knocked out" by a guy with a golden bat, thus making it not her fault that the dog wandered off. (Or it was that he killed the dog, something like that.)
That was 10 years before the start of the series, though - but she pretty much used Little Slugger as an excuse in the first episode but had believed in it so much he "came back to life".

You have my MSN, you can ask me random questions and I'll probably answer them D:

no no I understand it fairly well, it was just a bit difficult to understand.

To Lord Crump, the man and his daughter had SERIOUS problems. The man was taking videos of his daughter changing clothes and things, and was likely in some sort of pedophile ring or something, and she found out... she then ran away and blah and I'm pretty sure Slugger got to her, and she lost memory of her father. When her father came to visit her, she kept saying that he was a strange man and NOT her father.

And I hate that pink dog. I hate it so much. If I remember correctly, it grew to the size of the CITY, and Slugger and it basically fought. I honestly didn't know who was "good" and who was "bad".

Eventually, that one guy who was partners with the detective got really into this thing. He listened to slugger's story and went through it like a fantasy video game, and he ended up fighting little slugger at least two times when Slugger was HUGE, and saving the little girl.

It was epic. I liked that show.
rawrshop    
Para

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, this is the show I thought it was. But yeah, it was weird. I saw the episode where everyone thought the kid was lil Slugger and he was running for class president or something. Then when he finally proved he wasn't lil Slugger, he got whacked by his baseball bat. It was uber-pwnage.

Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:08 pm   Reply with quote

Dark Paratroopa wrote:
Yeah, this is the show I thought it was. But yeah, it was weird. I saw the episode where everyone thought the kid was lil Slugger and he was running for class president or something. Then when he finally proved he wasn't lil Slugger, he got whacked by his baseball bat. It was uber-pwnage.
He proved he wasn't lil Slugger by being attacked by lil Slugger.
Shop #42    
Para

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 pm   Reply with quote

Yep. But not on purpose. I think... <_< >_>

Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:06 am   Reply with quote

I found it plain weird - the series revolves around people's psychological problems becoming incarnated, or what ? A case for the psychonauts.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media