digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

H1N1 Influenza A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
Tayl wrote:
The pandemic level thing was raise to 5 today, which means that it's one step away from becoming a full-fledged pandemic.
Overreaction at its finest. Hell, has the damn thing even infected half the world?

Seriously, it's just another flu. Get a vaccine, make lots of it, give it to people, and viola, all is well.

I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing about this damn flu so much. It's not even that big yet, and I'm sure that the scientists will have medicindes to fight this thing in a month or two, maybe earlier. The only time I'll worry about this is if it becomes a real threat and becomes a pandemic worth worrying about, or if I'm infected with it and it gets really bad. 3:|════׀
They predicted 4 months
Choco's    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm   Reply with quote

RaveRaze wrote:
bobz wrote:
Tayl wrote:
The pandemic level thing was raise to 5 today, which means that it's one step away from becoming a full-fledged pandemic.
Overreaction at its finest. Hell, has the damn thing even infected half the world?

Seriously, it's just another flu. Get a vaccine, make lots of it, give it to people, and viola, all is well.

I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing about this damn flu so much. It's not even that big yet, and I'm sure that the scientists will have medicindes to fight this thing in a month or two, maybe earlier. The only time I'll worry about this is if it becomes a real threat and becomes a pandemic worth worrying about, or if I'm infected with it and it gets really bad. 3:|════׀
They predicted 4 months
For the vaccine? 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
RaveRaze wrote:
bobz wrote:
Tayl wrote:

They predicted 4 months
For the vaccine? 3:|════׀
Yup
Choco's    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:50 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, shoot, I jinxed myself.

The governer or mayor or whatever of Milwaukee came on the news about ten minutes ago and said that they have two probable cases of Swine Flu in the city. They shut down a bunch of schools there because one of the infected people was a child who supposedly had a lot of contact with the schools. Apparently Wisconsin isn't taking any chances...they sounded really serious about this.

Milwaukee isn't very far away. I won't be surprised if it spreads over here soon. If it does and my school gets shut down, I'm going to be pissed. We already have to get out on June 12th because the school district hates us this year for some reason (we've always gotten out a week earlier than that), there's no way I'm staying longer than that to make up days. ):<

*crag* wisconsin isn't supposed to get swine flu what about cow flu huh
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm   Reply with quote

Nel wrote:
Smashbro! wrote:
First death in U.S. confirmed in Texas.

Yup, heard about it. That doesn't mean we're all doomed.
Pokemoneinstein, your acting like its the end of the world. Calm down. Like the others said, this is something that will go away in a few weeks. Besides, we're in 2009, we're much much smarter than before. Its not the Bubonic Plague, yet your acting like it is. You really need to take a chill pill o.o

The swine flu is nothing interesting for me. When humans get rabies like in Left4Dead, I'll be more than interested.
But no, its just a damn flu : (
I know, I was really stressed about homework, and I was letting that stress turn into fear of the Swine Flu.

Also, part of the reason is because if anyone's going to die from this, it's me. I have the worst immune system in the world.

RaveRaze wrote:
bobz wrote:
Tayl wrote:

They predicted 4 months
I've hear 6 months, and I've heard the beginning of June. Who knows?

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:45 pm   Reply with quote

lame, shut down your school?

they just give us masks if we're sick.
Ornaments    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote

Noodles~ wrote:

The masks don't work, idiot. Why do you think THEY'RE NOT DOING THAT?

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Noodles~ wrote:

———————————>awesome
Calm down.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
Noodles~ wrote:

———————————>awesome
Calm down.
I'm perfectly calm.

I was just putting emphasis on the fact that Mexico is the only place doing that, and everywhere else is closing down school and stuff. I'm too lazy to type the whole tags thing, sometimes, so I just use caps lock

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Elzilcho wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
Noodles~ wrote:

———————————>awesome
Calm down.
I'm perfectly calm.

I was just putting emphasis on the fact that Mexico is the only place doing that, and everywhere else is closing down school and stuff. I'm too lazy to type the whole tags thing, sometimes, so I just use caps lock

———————————>awesome
...wow

i'm just saying that my school is giving out masks too the sick and you go apeshit; It helps prevent it. Not 100% prevention, but it still helps prevent it. Jeez.
Ornaments    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm   Reply with quote

Only two people have died of the flu in the U.S.. One of those was an infant. An INFANT. What does this tell you? Most likely, only those with weak immune systems will be harmed. A.K.A. Infants and the elderly, as well as a few exceptions. Look at the images you have seen. More often than not from what I've seen on the news and on the net, they show images of the elderly with the disease. What does this tell you?

Again, it's not a big deal. The media is over exaggerating things.
Dimension C    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:47 pm   Reply with quote

My mom won't let me go anywhere because of this stupidass flu.

Seriously, my parents need better knowledge on things.
Koop    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Think about it this way. At least it isn't Captain Trips, with a 99.9% mortality rate.

Joking aside, it's really not serious. TCH, I thank you for pointing that out, and that's really what I think. People that have a decent immune system need not fear,

Take from Wikipedia about the swine influenza virus:

Wikipedia wrote:
In humans, the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general, namely chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness and general discomfort. The strain responsible for the 2009 swine flu outbreak in most cases causes only mild symptoms and the infected person makes a full recovery without requiring medical attention and without the use of antiviral medicines.[2]

Meaning, that it's likely that far more of us had the swine flu. It's likely I had it myself, since all those symptoms fit how I felt about a week and a half ago. I recovered, and it wasn't much. I doubt it will actually be anything big, though.
The Town of Lix    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

Noodles~ wrote:
...wow

i'm just saying that my school is giving out masks too the sick and you go apeshit; It helps prevent it. Not 100% prevention, but it still helps prevent it. Jeez.
Oh, I thought you were saying it's stupid to close school.

And actually, scientists are confused about it. They've found that more people wearing the masks have gotten sick then those not wearing it.

And again, I wasn't going apeshit, I was just emphasizing that they guarantee protection.

And on another note; my school isn't doing anything. That's kind of dumb, especially since there are 3 confirmed cases in MA and one awaiting results.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Noodles~ wrote:
...wow

Oh, I thought you were saying it's stupid to close school.

And actually, scientists are confused about it. They've found that more people wearing the masks have gotten sick then those not wearing it.

And again, I wasn't going apeshit, I was just emphasizing that they guarantee protection.

And on another note; my school isn't doing anything. That's kind of dumb, especially since there are 3 confirmed cases in MA and one awaiting results.

———————————>awesome

I do not agree with closing down school, by the way. but that's besides the point, right?
Ornaments    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion