digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

H1N1 Influenza A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
wat
MeowMixer
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm   Reply with quote

SHOP OF DIMENTIONS    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:50 pm   Reply with quote

Awesome, I found out that if this shuts down my school, we don't have to make up the days. State law.

BRING ON THE SWINE FLU

Also, three more "probable" cases of the flu in Wisconsin. I heard a rumor at school that my Algebra 1 teacher from last semester left school to go to the hospital to see if she has Swine Flu, or something along those lines.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:42 pm   Reply with quote

Apparently its not called the swine flu anymore.
Its called something I'm too lazy to look up.

Apparently people are blaming pigs for all this : (
Baby Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 pm   Reply with quote

The official name for the flu is now Swirdman Influenza.

Also another person in my region has it. (: 4 more and all the schools in my region are shut down.
The Carmadox Party    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
The official name for the flu is now Swirdman Influenza.

Also another person in my region has it. (: 4 more and all the schools in my region are shut down.
Meh nothing here yet
Choco's    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:03 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
all the schools in my region are shut down.
Lucky! >Sad

If my school was shut down, that would be so cool. Especially because then I could make up all my homework.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Master Shake
Teh Evil Bunnyy!!

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

I heard, I think that there were a couple cases here in Philadelphia. From the looks of it pretty much every state in the country is going to have it soon. But Im not worried, only like what, 200 people died? The regular influenza thing or whatever kills more than this.

Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:32 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted by: Frank | Apr 30, 2009 11:53:17 AM

OH MY GOD IT'S...

...the flu. Come on guys, geez. This is embarrassing. AIDS and malaria are ravaging Africa and nobody blinks, but we're in full meltdown over the fraking flu.

More people were killed in the Ford Administration by WIN buttons than swine flu.

best comment ever
Ornaments    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

The piggy flu is the most stupid overreaction, second to the Y2K thing.

Okay, it has the EXACT SAME EFFECTS as the regular flu, but it lasts a few days longer. BIG DEAL. We should be more concerned about the wasp nest hiding under our roof, or the ants eating all the crackers from our pantries.

OH MY GOD, NOT THE PIGGY FLU!! MEXICO IS DOOMED!

Well I'm sure that just as many Mexicans die from the common flu as the piggy flu every year. JUST BECAUSE IT COMES FROM A PIGGY DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY MORE DEADLY.

OMG, THE PIGGY FLU KILLS THE ELDERLY, THE KIDDIES, AND THOSE WITH BAD IMMUNE SYSTEMS!!

..>So does the regular flu. Do you're friggin' research!

Okay, yeah, so I hope I can catch this piggy flu, and go around vomiting on the people at my school just to show them that it's exactly like the regular flu, only they'll miss more days of school than if they had the normal one.

BEWAR!! BEWARE 3 MORE DAYS OF RUNNY NOSES! BEWARE THE STOMACH BURBLES!! AND BEWARE THE ANTS EATING ALL YOUR CRACKERS!

...nubs.
Geno's Tree    
BONK!
Pfargtl

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:40 pm   Reply with quote

This crap is simply overblown.
House of Random    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:44 pm   Reply with quote

I hope someone at my school gets swine flu. Then they'll close my school for two weeks out of over-reaction, and we won't have to make it up. But, seriously, people are over-reacting. Big time. It's getting ridiculous. It's practically the same thing as the normal flu, and we don't close schools when people get that. But maybe I shouldn't complain...I'm always up for missing school without having to make up homework or school days.
~The Shop with Stuff~    
Master of Puppets...
The Chaos Heart

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 22

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

I'd like to point this out as well, if it has not already been made.

1. More poeple die of the NORMAL flu than have died from this Swine Flu.

2. The drug Tamiflu kills this flu in a sense. It treats your symptoms, and drastically shortens the duration of the virus, although it does not directly kill it. It just shortens it.

The media just wants to get attention. I also suspect that the current ruling politial party wants the media to continue this trend, so that when the pointless vaccine is made, they all look like heros, even though they didn't do much, if anything, at all.

Silly humans.
Dimension C    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 am   Reply with quote

This is all a plot from Porky Minch himself to take over the world and make everybody Pigmasks.
Hell    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:53 am   Reply with quote

The Chaos Heart wrote:
2. The drug Tamiflu kills this flu in a sense. It treats your symptoms, and drastically shortens the duration of the virus, although it does not directly kill it. It just shortens it.
Yes, it protects you from SWINE flu, but swine flu ≠ H1N1 influenza A. Swine flu was a big thing in the 60's. But that was SWINE flu. This isn't swine flu. It's part bird, part swine, but it's mostly human flu. We don't have anything that can protect people from it, so far.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:27 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
The Chaos Heart wrote:
Yes, it protects you from SWINE flu, but swine flu ≠ H1N1 influenza A. Swine flu was a big thing in the 60's. But that was SWINE flu. This isn't swine flu. It's part bird, part swine, but it's mostly human flu. We don't have anything that can protect people from it, so far.

———————————>awesome
Yes, but the H1N1 strain also happens to be no stronger than the regular flu, and really has been made to look like a big deal due to the media's lack of stories.

Besides, if it were half-swine, what are the odds that Tamiflu still works against it?
The Town of Lix    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion