digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

TIM The Wandering Misanthrope

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:09 pm   Reply with quote

I made a rough sketch of the first comic.

I'm going to take it into PS when I can make some time and clean up some of the drawings and ink it over. Might do some flat coloring too.

No dialogue yet. Numbers where text should be are placeholders for the speech I had written below the panels.

Also think I'm going to add one more small panel at the bottom.

Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:15 am   Reply with quote

Looks cool.
The last panel is my favorite.
NON BANNER    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote

You should try to make it more clear that the final panel of the dude screaming is indeed the final panel since it could be easily mistaken as the third according to this layout. And if the shot where the guy is talking to the dude on a horse from above a gate will include a speech bubble, you should move the guard over since the bubble will appear cramped if he's snug in the middle.

And I'm not sure if it works with the tone of blue used in lined paper, but I know that the lines are easily Photoshopped out. But I think simply scanning it under grayscale would save some time by avoiding that step.
The Shop on a Hill    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
You should try to make it more clear that the final panel of the dude screaming is indeed the final panel since it could be easily mistaken as the third according to this layout. And if the shot where the guy is talking to the dude on a horse from above a gate will include a speech bubble, you should move the guard over since the bubble will appear cramped if he's snug in the middle.

And I'm not sure if it works with the tone of blue used in lined paper, but I know that the lines are easily Photoshopped out. But I think simply scanning it under grayscale would save some time by avoiding that step.

Or you know.

Just make another layer over it.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:59 pm   Reply with quote

You need to stop drawing on lined paper, it makes things too distracting. White paper is fine, and you could always just add lined paper texture later.

I can't tell what's going on, but that's just because I fail at comics. The drawing is pretty good.
The Carmadox Party    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations