digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Pokιmon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Am I the only one getting HeartGold around here?

Soulsilver sounds cool and all, but at the same time its not.

I am because Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia.

IIRC, Lugia didn't appear before the second generation of Pokemon even existed like Ho-oh did.
Pokemon the Movie 2000: The Power of One took place in the Orange Islands, so Lugia appeared as well, although not nearly as early as Ho-oh did.
Shiggy's Stuff    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm   Reply with quote

Silver~ wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Am I the only one getting HeartGold around here?

Soulsilver sounds cool and all, but at the same time its not.

I am because Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia.

IIRC, Lugia didn't appear before the second generation of Pokemon even existed like Ho-oh did.
Pokemon the Movie 2000: The Power of One took place in the Orange Islands, so Lugia appeared as well, although not nearly as early as Ho-oh did.

I coulda sworn G/S was out by the time Pokemovie2000 came out.
Tamriellic Titles    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:08 pm   Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to seeing Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and plan to buy it when it comes out. But I'm going to decide when it comes out which one to buy. All the differences between the two we know is that you'll probably be able to catch Ho-oh / Lugia instead of Lugia / Ho-oh in a version. There might be some others to influence me to sway to another version.

And with Gold and Silver getting remakes, I can imagine them reworking the cries for Johto pokemon. All of the Johto pokemon should still have their original GBA-quality sounds, and since that's what they'll be seeing for the entire main game, I'm willing to bet they'll change around at least some pokemon cries for it. That also brings about the possibility of all the pre-Sinnoh pokemon cries being updated. That would be a nice change, since the cries activate every battle.
Anti-Francis Mart    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:15 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
I am really looking forward to seeing Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and plan to buy it when it comes out. But I'm going to decide when it comes out which one to buy. All the differences between the two we know is that you'll probably be able to catch Ho-oh / Lugia instead of Lugia / Ho-oh in a version. There might be some others to influence me to sway to another version.

And with Gold and Silver getting remakes, I can imagine them reworking the cries for Johto pokemon. All of the Johto pokemon should still have their original GBA-quality sounds, and since that's what they'll be seeing for the entire main game, I'm willing to bet they'll change around at least some pokemon cries for it. That also brings about the possibility of all the pre-Sinnoh pokemon cries being updated. That would be a nice change, since the cries activate every battle.

In the original, you can get both Ho-oh and Lugia. Thats what I think they'll do again. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it, though.
What I want to see is Luiga/Ho-oh fit into the main plot somehow. Like a cameo or something.

As for the cries, personally I want all the pokemon to keep their old cries. If they changed it, it wouldn't feel like that pokemon anymore.
I like the old GB quality cries, they sound more ..nostaligic I say.
Baby Shop    
How deliciously sexual
Emil
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:43 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Vid Inferno wrote:

In the original, you can get both Ho-oh and Lugia. Thats what I think they'll do again. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it, though.
What I want to see is Luiga/Ho-oh fit into the main plot somehow. Like a cameo or something.

As for the cries, personally I want all the pokemon to keep their old cries. If they changed it, it wouldn't feel like that pokemon anymore.
I like the old GB quality cries, they sound more ..nostaligic I say.

Yeah. I remember in G/S, Haunter's cry had these little high piched noices that they got rid of in R/S. They sounded epic.
Green Para-Koopa's Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:16 pm   Reply with quote

What I never got is why in Silver, Lugia was LV40 and Ho-oh was LV70, and in Gold it was the opposite.

You think the version's "face Pokemon" would be the stronger one...
Geno's Tree    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
What I never got is why in Silver, Lugia was LV40 and Ho-oh was LV70, and in Gold it was the opposite.

You think the version's "face Pokemon" would be the stronger one...

Think about it though, if you raise a Pokemon from 40 to 100, it'll probably be stronger than a Pokemon raised from 70 to 100, thanks to the magic of EVs.
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:06 pm   Reply with quote

Nel, I'm getting both, and playing HeartGold more, even though it sounds faggy.

But I don't think they should update the Johto cries. They didn't update the Kanto cries in FR/LG, so why should they do it, now? If anything, I think they should change the new Pokιmon cries to sound like they're form the old games.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:32 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
But I don't think they should update the Johto cries. They didn't update the Kanto cries in FR/LG, so why should they do it, now?
Because that was on the GBA, in the GBA era. Now with the DS, the Sinnoh cries have become more detailed sounding, and I would bet they would change around the sounds in Johto pokemon since we'll be seeing them the entire adventure. I'm not really sure about changing them to sounding like the old Pokemon, though.

On the Ho-oh and Lugia levels in Gold and Silver, they probably wanted the cover legendary to be easier to catch.
Anti-Francis Mart    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
But I don't think they should update the Johto cries. They didn't update the Kanto cries in FR/LG, so why should they do it, now?
Because that was on the GBA, in the GBA era. Now with the DS, the Sinnoh cries have become more detailed sounding, and I would bet they would change around the sounds in Johto pokemon since we'll be seeing them the entire adventure. I'm not really sure about changing them to sounding like the old Pokemon, though.
But they also could have updated the Kanto cries in D/P. The GBA era still had better sound-quality cries than the GB/GBC era ones.

But still, I think it'd be a lot easier to make old-sounding cries based on the new cries than to make new-sounding cries based on old cries. Not to mention the old ones sound better. (imo)

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Bremmy
R. S. Buzzy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:17 pm   Reply with quote

First Screens:

Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Heff T.'s Fridge    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm   Reply with quote

Is that... a Pokemon following him?
Actions
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:21 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
omg

yay. °Д°
◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
It's Chickorita. It looks like it's going to be similar to Pokιmon Yellow.

I don't like that idea.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Tyler wrote:
It's Chickorita. It looks like it's going to be similar to Pokιmon Yellow.

I don't like that idea.

———————————>awesome
I do. I've been feeling lonely in Pokemon games. I wionder if we can interect with the pokemon.
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews