digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Pokιmon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/24/Famitsu_HGSS.jpg

moar new stuff, and yes I'm loving HG/SS already.
nothing new, except that the touch screen is now the new "start" menu.

I still hate the May/Mario girl. but complaining won't do anything so I'll just sit back and see if Nintendo will make me forget about Kris.
Now I'm really pissed I can't read Japanese.

———————————>awesome
It doesn't say anything about Kanto, but it looks like it gives information about Arcues, or that you can visit Sinnoh or something. I might try to translate what I can later.

It's not a remake if it has half the area.

That would be like Conker L&R cutting out half of the story from Conker's BFD, or like Cave Story Wii forcing you to go with Kazuma halfway through the game.
Tamriellic Titles    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/2/24/Famitsu_HGSS.jpg

moar new stuff, and yes I'm loving HG/SS already.
nothing new, except that the touch screen is now the new "start" menu.

I still hate the May/Mario girl. but complaining won't do anything so I'll just sit back and see if Nintendo will make me forget about Kris.
Now I'm really pissed I can't read Japanese.

———————————>awesome
It doesn't say anything about Kanto, but it looks like it gives information about Arcues, or that you can visit Sinnoh or something. I might try to translate what I can later.

It's not a remake if it has half the area.

That would be like Conker L&R cutting out half of the story from Conker's BFD, or like Cave Story Wii forcing you to go with Kazuma halfway through the game.

Relatively certain that it's describing the extras for the Arceus movie, some of which are in D/P/Pt and others of which are in HG/SS.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:05 pm   Reply with quote

Guys.

You kinda have to go to Kanto.

What with the Elite Four being there. 3:|════׀
bobzearth42's Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:10 pm   Reply with quote

bobz wrote:
Guys.

While I think Kanto will still be there, there's the obvious chance that they might block Kanto, still. The first way to get into Kanto was from the building that lead to Victory Road. They could always get rid of that entrance/exit, and push that little sliver of land into Johto.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
bobz wrote:
Guys.

While I think Kanto will still be there, there's the obvious chance that they might block Kanto, still. The first way to get into Kanto was from the building that lead to Victory Road. They could always get rid of that entrance/exit, and push that little sliver of land into Johto.

———————————>awesome

I've never played G/S, but Kanto is apparently the second half of the game. I seriously doubt that they would cut HALF OF AN ENTIRE GAME in a remake, especially if said game is 10 years old. ФֻФ
asdf    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

TooManyToasters wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:
bobz wrote:
Guys.

———————————>awesome

I've never played G/S, but Kanto is apparently the second half of the game. I seriously doubt that they would cut HALF OF AN ENTIRE GAME in a remake, especially if said game is 10 years old. ФֻФ
I know, which is why I'm against the theory that they will take Kanto out.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm   Reply with quote

I just think they'll take Kanto out because they already did that remake. D:
The Carmadox Party    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
When they made the original G/S/C, the already had the original R/B/Y. How is this any different, other than updated graphics and music quality?

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Frozenwinters wrote:
When they made the original G/S/C, the already had the original R/B/Y. How is this any different, other than updated graphics and music quality?

———————————>:awesome:
Because now they're only remaking G/S/C so you can catch them all in D/P/Pt. :\
The Carmadox Party    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:45 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Because now they're only remaking G/S/C so you can catch them all in D/P/Pt. :\[/color]
Wrong. You can still catch them all in D/P/P. It's hard, but possible. You need Colosseum, XD, FR/LG, R/S/E, and D/P/P, and a friend who has all of those that you don't have.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:11 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Wrong. You can still catch them all in D/P/P. It's hard, but possible. You need Colosseum, XD, FR/LG, R/S/E, and D/P/P, and a friend who has all of those that you don't have.

Wrong.
Most of the games you listed are 3RD GENS. The purpose for this is to catch them all for the FOURTH GEN.
And you can't catch them all. Celebi is the ONLY unobtainable Pokemon without cheating. My guess is that Nintendo will hold a Celebi event for this game.

And they have GOT to add Mt. silver where you battle Red. Thats one of the best battles ever.
Baby Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:

Wrong.
Most of the games you listed are 3RD GENS. The purpose for this is to catch them all for the FOURTH GEN. I realize that, but there's one key element you're forgetting: Pal Park

And you can't catch them all. Celebi is the ONLY unobtainable Pokemon without cheating. My guess is that Nintendo will hold a Celebi event for this game. Nintendo has had 3 events where you could get Celebi in Gen III games, which you can then transfer to D/P/P via Pal Park. I say again: While very hard, it is still possible to obtain all 493 without cheating.

And they have GOT to add Mt. silver where you battle Red. Thats one of the best battles ever. yes

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuper wrote:

Wrong.
Most of the games you listed are 3RD GENS. The purpose for this is to catch them all for the FOURTH GEN. I realize that, but there's one key element you're forgetting: Pal Park

And you can't catch them all. Celebi is the ONLY unobtainable Pokemon without cheating. My guess is that Nintendo will hold a Celebi event for this game. Nintendo has had 3 events where you could get Celebi in Gen III games, which you can then transfer to D/P/P via Pal Park. I say again: While very hard, it is still possible to obtain all 493 without cheating.

And they have GOT to add Mt. silver where you battle Red. Thats one of the best battles ever. yes

———————————>awesome

Thing is, the other method would run you a shitload of money unless you've already done it all.

You're talking a Gamecube(or Wii), 2 GC games, a GBA, an adaptor, and at least 2 GBA games on top of having a DS and D/P/Pt.

Whereas if you have a DS and didn't get rid of your GBA when you got one like most likely did, all you need is to spend $40 on another game. Neutral
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:51 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Thing is, the other method would run you a shitload of money unless you've already done it all.

You're talking a Gamecube(or Wii), 2 GC games, a GBA, an adaptor, and at least 2 GBA games on top of having a DS and D/P/Pt.

Whereas if you have a DS and didn't get rid of your GBA when you got one like most likely did, all you need is to spend $40 on another game. Neutral
I know that. I'm just making the point that's it's possible.

And you know companies like Nintendo: They want money.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:

And you know companies like Nintendo: They want money

*looks at the DSi*

Can't argue with that.
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews