digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

King K. Rool's exclusion.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Krazy Monkey

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 am   Reply with quote

Am I the only one who's not okay with this? I've been a fan of the Donkey Kong Country series for over ten years now, and words don't even begin to describe how pissed off I am about it. Seriously, they made SO many blatant references to the Kremling king; Whether it's his own trophy, Wrinkly's trophy, the Gangplank Galleon theme song, his name appearing in the random name selection, having BOWSER steal Donkey Kong's banana hoard in the Subspace Emissary, etc. As far as I can tell, there's pretty much no excuse whatsoever as to why he wasn't in it.

hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:02 am   Reply with quote

So by that logic, Animal Crossing, a game not known for physical confrontation, should have a character anyway, whereas all other series represented as characters have atleast one or two thrown objects.
Gemstone Goods    
Krazy Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:49 pm   Reply with quote

You don't understand what I'm saying, here. K. Rool happens to be a VERY popular character that should have been added into the series a long time ago. They had their chance to add him in Brawl, but then they completely blew it. Instead, they showed a blatant disregard for K. Rool by making all these references to him (which I listed in my above post), which as far as I could tell, is just throwing it in peoples' faces. They've made more references to K. Rool than ANY other character they've excluded from Brawl. With all the references they made to him, they might as well had added him as one of the fighters.

Seriously, when you think about it, the Donkey Kong Country franchise seems to get far less attention than any other (maybe besides F-Zero). When Donkey Kong was added to the first game, it took them TWO OTHER installments to add Diddy Kong (which was nearly a ten-year gap). In fact, they were even planning on adding Dixie Kong at one point, and then scrapped her, taking a piss on the Donkey Kong fanbase even further. Now, back to the K. Rool subject... They added Mario and Luigi's nemesis, they added Link and Zelda's, Kirby's, and so forth. Let me just emphasize this one more time: There was absolutely NO REASON why they couldn't include K. Rool in this game.

hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:26 pm   Reply with quote

Krazy Monkey wrote:
You don't understand what I'm saying, here. K. Rool happens to be a VERY popular character that should have been added into the series a long time ago. They had their chance to add him in Brawl, but then they completely blew it. Instead, they showed a blatant disregard for K. Rool by making all these references to him (which I listed in my above post), which as far as I could tell, is just throwing it in peoples' faces. They've made more references to K. Rool than ANY other character they've excluded from Brawl. With all the references they made to him, they might as well had added him as one of the fighters.

Do you have any idea, any *crag* idea how many people wanted to see K.K., Tom Nook, or a variation of the main Animal Crossing character in Brawl?
Now look at how much Animal Crossing shit made it in, and compare it to the K. Rool references.

Your logic says that Animal Crossing was left out to dry moreso than K. Rool, when the king was lucky to get mentioned at all.

As for the flagships, It took two installments to add Kirby's nemesis. No big deal, right? Consider that the company that made this game made Kirby aswell, and Dedede was held back for whatever reason from appearing in the previous two, with only the first installment being a sure conclusion(Memory limitations).

You're essentially making a mountain out of a molehill and overreacting, as if K. Rool were some kind of idol to god that's been disgraced.

Plus, DK already has a "nemisis" in Mario, even if it's a mere rivalry.
Gemstone Goods    
Krazy Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
Now look at how much Animal Crossing shit made it in, and compare it to the K. Rool references.

Oh, wow... That ONE reference (the Animal Crossing stage), as compared to to about five or more references they made to K. Rool. Sure says a lot!

Quote:
Your logic says that Animal Crossing was left out to dry moreso than K. Rool, when the king was lucky to get mentioned at all.

Please point out the part where I said anything even REMOTELY close to that, since my argument had nothing to do with Animal Crossing.

Quote:
You're essentially making a mountain out of a molehill and overreacting, as if K. Rool were some kind of idol to god that's been disgraced.

If they never had any intention of putting him in the game, then fine. The thing that pisses me off is how it was CONSTANTLY thrown in peoples' faces. Particularly when they had Bowser, of all people, stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard in the Subspace Emissary, when that CLEARLY should have been K. Rool. I really don't see how ANYBODY could HONESTLY tell me that isn't a blatant disregard right there.

Quote:
As for the flagships, It took two installments to add Kirby's nemesis. No big deal, right? Consider that the company that made this game made Kirby aswell, and Dedede was held back for whatever reason from appearing in the previous two, with only the first installment being a sure conclusion(Memory limitations).

Memory limitations aren't even an issue now, so there's pretty much no excuse, just as I said before.

hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:56 pm   Reply with quote

Krazy Monkey wrote:
Quote:

Oh, wow... That ONE reference (the Animal Crossing stage), as compared to to about five or more references they made to K. Rool. Sure says a lot!
Yes, because the Assist Trophy, challenge trophies, item, CDs, stickers and normal trophies clearly don't count in any way shape or form.

Quote:

Please point out the part where I said anything even remotely CLOSE to that, since my argument had nothing to do with Animal Crossing.
You aren't directly saying it. But applying the logic behind it to other things just doesn't add up when you don't acknowledge everything.

Quote:

If they never had any intention of putting him in the game, then fine. The thing that pisses me off is how it was CONSTANTLY thrown in peoples' faces. Particularly when they had Bowser, of all people, stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard in the Subspace Emissary, when that CLEARLY should have been K. Rool.
There is no should when it comes to rosters. Besides, without the Banana stealing, Bowser seems out of nowhere in some of his other appearences.

Quote:

Memory limitations aren't even an issue now, so there's pretty much no excuse, just as I said before.
There's actually one excuse: They didn't feel he should've been in in the first place.

K. Rool, while he is a decent villan, isn't really endearing, or very threatening aside from the bulging eye. For example, when you beat Kaos for good, he says a line that could barely ever be put into threatening context coming from him, even in his deep, growling voice, which makes it even funnier.
He may be a good bad guy, and he may have good moveset potential, but he's just not a good enough character overall.

Hell, his first plot was spent stealing bananas for no disclosed reason.
Gemstone Goods    
Krazy Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
There's actually one excuse: They didn't feel he should've been in in the first place.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, further proves my point about them pissing on the fanbase- In other words, not caring about what their fans want.

Quote:

That's funny, I could have sworn King Dedede did nearly the exact same thing in Kirby's Dreamland. No explanation was ever revealed for that one, either.

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

That's funny, I could have sworn King Dedede did nearly the exact same thing in Kirby's Dreamland. No explanation was ever revealed for that one, either.
You're both wrong. In the manuals, it said K. ROol stole the bananas because the Kremlings and the Kongs have an everlasting rivalry, and they stole the bananas to try to piss off the Kongs. It's like in school where these two kids, neither of whom are bullies, just hate eachother for no reason (rivalry). And how they pick on eachother, only because they hate eachother, but they don't pick on anyone else, because they don't hate anyone else (banana theft).

And King Dedede stole all the food from Dreamland because he's a glutton and he was hungry.

ANd because he can, because he's the king.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Krazy Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:32 pm   Reply with quote

Pokémoneinstein wrote:
You're both wrong. In the manuals, it said K. ROol stole the bananas because the Kremlings and the Kongs have an everlasting rivalry, and they stole the bananas to try to piss off the Kongs.

Ah, okay. That's understandable. Since K. Rool said that he hates bananas in Jungle Climber, that makes perfect sense.

By the way, you're the same Pokémoneinstein from Youtube, right? I'm SuperGoku14, in case you're wondering.

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:48 pm   Reply with quote

Krazy Monkey wrote:
Pokémoneinstein wrote:
You're both wrong. In the manuals, it said K. ROol stole the bananas because the Kremlings and the Kongs have an everlasting rivalry, and they stole the bananas to try to piss off the Kongs.

Ah, okay. That's understandable. Since K. Rool said that he hates bananas in Jungle Climber, that makes perfect sense.

By the way, you're the same Pokémoneinstein from Youtube, right? I'm SuperGoku14, in case you're wondering.
Oh, nice to meet you here. And yes, I am.

And I don't think it pisses anyone off, other than hardcore DK fans. Sure, I wanted K. Rool to be in, and sure, he deserved a spot, but I don't think that many people were truly pissed. Sure, disappointed, definitely, but pissed? No.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:17 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny, what the *crag* are you talking about?
Nobody wanted Animal Crossing characters... Confused
Shrowser's Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm   Reply with quote

ya they scewed krool out of tha gaem lik the did wiht payable ridly and gneo shodla ben in ther 2

o nad tey 4gt meagman
Tamriellic Titles    
Krazy Monkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

Pokémoneinstein wrote:
And I don't think it pisses anyone off, other than hardcore DK fans. Sure, I wanted K. Rool to be in, and sure, he deserved a spot, but I don't think that many people were truly pissed. Sure, disappointed, definitely, but pissed? No.

I guess I'm one of those people who qualify as "hardcore DK fans". I'm not, however, one of the people who automatically labeled Jungle Beat as a piece of crap, just because some certain characters weren't in it. I was, however, pissed off about the comment that one of the staff members made, where they claimed that the DKC cast "wasn't fresh enough for today". Even then, I still managed to overlook that in favor of its fun and addicting gameplay.

Shrowser wrote:
Spiny, what the *crag* are you talking about?
Nobody wanted Animal Crossing characters...

I'm definitely in agreement with this. That's mainly because of the fact that many people were pissed off that this was one of the "core" titles that Nintendo showed at E3 last year (along with other casual titles that nobody cares about).

Maiq the Liar wrote:
ya they scewed krool out of tha gaem lik the did wiht payable ridly and gneo shodla ben in ther 2

o nad tey 4gt meagman

...What? I barely understood a word of that.

Last edited by Krazy Monkey on Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:44 pm   Reply with quote

Krazy Monkey wrote:
...What? I barely understood a word of that.
He was being sarcastic. For the future, if someone talks like that in one post but nowhere else, they're not serious.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm   Reply with quote

If you need a translation...

o nad tey 4gt meagman

Yeah they screwed K. Rool ouot of the game like they did with playable Ridley and Geno shoulda been in there too

Oh and they forgot Megaman

So they didn't put a character you're fond of in the game. It's got plenty of characters. Sure it would have been nice if he was in there, but does it really matter that much?
Anti-Francis Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl