digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Way to Safety

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 pm   Reply with quote

A rushed project for school.

Enjoy what will probably get a failing grade. :D

It was a dark and stormy night, the boat was rocking as it struggled against the huge waves. Geno was in his quarters when he had heard the news that a fish had destroyed one of the boats in his fleet.

“Send a search party, if we’re lucky there may be some survivors.”

As Geno got up from his desk, the boat flew into a rock that was jutting out of the sea. Geno slammed into one of the walls, just barely missing a wooden shelve. As he got up, he saw that the boat was filling with water. He began to run to the stern, trying hard not to slip on the wet wooden floor.

He sat on the rock with his fellow crewmates, hoping that help would come.

“Do they even know that we’re stranded?” one of the axolotls asked.

“I don’t know,” replied Geno, “but I’m sure that one of the other boats will float by sooner or later.”

The rain came down hard, but it didn’t bother Geno. He enjoyed the cool rain, it was refreshing. He had attempted to salvage whatever was left from the destroyed boat, but it had all sank into the deep, murky waters of the sea.

Finally, a boat had come by, rescuing Geno and his companions.

“Commander, what happened to your boat?” asked the captain of the other boat.

“It sank.” Geno stated.

“And what about the war plans?”

“It sank.”

“How will we defeat the fishes without a strategy?”

“We go to Plan B.”

“We have no Plan B.”

“So we must create a Plan B.”

The captain grimaced, he didn’t like where this was going.

“What do you suppose Plan B should be?” he asked.

“Gather up our fleet and pull together, as we make way to enemy territory we use whatever materials we may have to build weapons and upgrade our fleet’s defenses. Once we get in close, we attack. If all goes well, their troops won’t be suspecting us, and we’ll get them with their defenses down.” Geno proposed.

“I don’t think you understand, Commander, they’re much larger than us, what if they take us out? If we all die, there’ll be no more axolotls left. Extinction is not an option, we need to have casualties at a low.”

“If we pull together as one force, we’ll be stronger, and we can overpower them.”

“Let me sleep on it, this decision can potentially endanger us even more, but it might also be last chance for survival.”

Geno was also tired, so he went back to his quarters to rest. In the morning, he went up to the deck and almost tripped overboard. He couldn’t believe his eyes; the whole entire fleet surrounded the boat. He could hear the sounds of hammers smacking against anvils, and other axolotls readying the fleet for battle. He joined up with some other crewmembers to craft weapons and armor. By nightfall, they were ready for battle, and were about to enter enemy territory.

As they floated into the dangerous waters, they readied their bows and unsheathed their swords.

“Enemy off the starboard bow!” one of the axolotls yelled.

A huge fish flew out of the water, it’s scales gleaming from the light of the boat’s torches. It flew towards the middle of the fleet, until it landed between some boats, almost tipping one over. The swordsmen jumped into the freezing water, swinging their swords at the beast.

The bowmen fired at another large creature coming towards their left. As it jumped out of the water, an arrow struck its heart, and it’s corpse smashed against one of the boats, obliterating it.

Underwater, the swordsmen were still in a deadlock with the fish. One of the axolotls got lucky and managed to puncture one of its fins. As it struggled to swim towards the axolotls, another fish swooped in and swallowed one of them whole. The other axolotls surfaced to tell Geno about the casualty.

Geno pushed them aside and dived into the freezing water. He saw what half of an orange floating towards him. The orange slow began to grow bigger as it came closer and closer to our hero. Suddenly, he realized what it was.

“Chin Fish.” He grimaced.

Before Geno could react, the Chin Fish swallowed him whole. Geno was racing down its esophagus at intense speeds. He knew where he would be going next, and it wouldn’t turn out well unless he did something to slow down his decent. Geno unsheathed his sword and dug into the soft tissue of the Chin Fish’s esophagus. Immediately, he began to slow down, until he came to an abrupt stop at the entrance to the stomach.

There, sitting on what looked like some poor creature that happened to be the Chin fish’s lunch, sat an axolotl. The axolotl looked up and saw Geno, standing up in the esophagus.

“Geno?” He asked.

“There’s no time for talk, grab my hand.” Geno instructed.

The axolotl grabbed Geno’s hand, and Geno hoisted him up into the esophagus. Geno then took his sword and cut through the Chin Fish’s body.

As they swam up to safety, they were intercepted by a school of fish. Geno attempted to break free, but there were too many of them, and he and the other Axolotl were swept away. As the school maneuvered around an underwater boulder, the two axolotls were propelled into it, and were knocked out.

They woke up in what like a throne room. Floating above the throne was a fish. It had spiked scales and razor-sharp teeth. This wasn’t any normal fish; this was Captain Gills, leader of the fish armada.

“Gentlemen.” He said in his French accent.

“Gills.” Geno hissed.

“That’s Captain Gills to you, axolotl.” He proclaimed.

Geno attempted to lunge at him, but felt a sharp pain in his arms. Shackles, he was a prisoner of war.
“You’re a tyrant,” spat Geno, “a disgusting, selfish tyrant.”

“This is war, axolotl, and in order to win, I must do what I can to defeat my enemies.”

“Fine, kill me, but my troops will get past your defenses, I know it.”

“Oh, I’m not going to kill you, axolotl, quite the contrary.”

“What are you talking about, beast?”

“Tut tut, watch your language, axolotl. I have a proposition for you.”

“What?”

“I let you go, and you sabotage your fleet. You pull some plugs, sink some ships, stab some backs, and in turn, you and your little friend here get to live, and get the royal treatment.”

“No! I’ll never do it!”

“You will.”

“You can’t make me!”

“I’m sure I can’t make you, but I’m also sure that your little friend here would taste delicious.”

“Don’t worry about me! The fleet needs to get to reef safely, or else we’ll all become extinct!” yelled the other axolotl.

“.. I’ll do it.” Proclaimed Geno.

“I thought you would.” Said Gills, swimming towards Geno.

Captain Gills freed Geno from his shackles. Immediately, Geno grabbed onto one of Gills’ protruding teeth and ripped it out of his mouth.

“What are you doing, worm?!” Gills screamed.

“This is war, fish, and in order to win, I must do what I can to defeat my enemies.”

Geno jabbed Gills with the razor-sharp tooth, ripped it out, and jabbed him again, until Gills was nothing but a corpse on the sea floor. He then freed the other axolotl from his shackles and swam back up to where his fleet was.

Some of the boats were destroyed, but luckily, there were no casualties.

The war was over. The fish had surrendered. The axolotls could finally live in peace, and the waters were safe once more.

Also something I made in paint for the story because I had an hour left in the PC lab and I got bored.

Toad Town Shop    
Carpaccio
Super BLU Spy

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:28 pm   Reply with quote

That. Was. EPIC!
Sigil Securities    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote

BLU Medic wrote:
That. Was. EPIC!

I made it in about an hour since it was due that same day and I was too bored to make up something original.
Toad Town Shop    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:48 pm   Reply with quote

CTRL+F NO FROZEN FOUND.

But it was good. (:
The Carmadox Party    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:14 pm   Reply with quote

I got a 94.

wtf i hax life
Toad Town Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations