digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

2009 North Korean Nuclear Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:50 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
Most of the victims of nukes are gonna be CITIZENS. Not soldiers, not government officials. Poor people who are having a crappy enough life. If they don't die, they're gonna have ten different cancers.
North Korea doesn't care about citizens. And if they nuked somewhere, there's more than enough non-nuclear weaponry in everyone else's arsenal to not nuke back.
Geno's Tree    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

That's my argument. People are like, "We should just nuke N. Korea and get over with it." I say that's pretty damn bad.
The Shop on a Hill    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:03 am   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
That's my argument. People are like, "We should just nuke N. Korea and get over with it." I say that's pretty damn bad.

You're assuming that people are thinking.

We watched some trippy King Arthur movie lately (or Merlin or whatever) and my stepdad pointed out a problem: With today's satellites and shit, the people in charge sit in a comfy bunker and look at a screen. They aren't in the field anymore, they don't see, hear or smell people die. ITt's too easy to distance yourself from behind a screen, and so they're cold and logical and tactical instead of actually seeing the suffering and senselessness.

If the guys in charge stood in in the front line, most wars would be over really quickly.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion