digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Let's talk about Metroid: Other M.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:00 pm   Reply with quote

apelsz wrote:
Then who are the other guys?

they did not say.

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
Don't you know who Mysterious Black Dude really is, ? Block?

in the interview, he was a soldier for the Adam guy.
not too sure on that one. read the interview.
Baby Shop    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
Don't you know who Mysterious Black Dude really is, ? Block?
If I did, I wouldn't be calling him Mysterious Black Dude. >.>
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
apelsz

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm   Reply with quote

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
I've never been into the Metroid series very much, but this looks good. I think the trailer seemed a little bit like it was for an over-the-top action flick, but I digress. xD

Same here, I haven't played many Metroid games, but this one looks absolutely kickass.

Cid wrote:
HMM. THE POTENTIAL FOR WHAT CAN BE DONE IF TEAM NINJA GETS AHOLD OF ZERO SUIT SAMUS IS THERE. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

God, I hope ZSS makes an appearance.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

apelsz wrote:

ZSS was briefly in the trailer.
Baby Shop    
apelsz

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:13 pm   Reply with quote

Stupid Blonde wrote:
apelsz wrote:

ZSS was briefly in the trailer.

PARTY!!!

? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote

Another new interview from IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991793p1.html
Bachzesutri
Sesshoumaru

HP: 20 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

King Dedede wrote:
Spiny wrote:
Celeste Dimentia wrote:
I've never been into the Metroid series very much, but this looks good. I think the trailer seemed a little bit like it was for an over-the-top action flick, but I digress. xD

Considering this is the people who made Ninja Gaiden, it's not too suprising.

So thats why Samus seems so *crag* flexible in the trailer

its being made by Team NINJA

Bad joke I know.

This is also the same team who made:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - PS3 (2009)
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Xbox 360 (2008)
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - Nintendo DS (2008)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - PS3 (2007)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Xbox 360 (2006)
Dead or Alive 4 - Xbox 360 (2005)
Ninja Gaiden Black - Xbox (2005)
Dead or Alive Ultimate - Xbox (2004)
Ninja Gaiden - Xbox (2004)
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Xbox (2003)
Dead or Alive 3 - Xbox (2001)
Dead or Alive 2 - Arcade, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2 (2000)
Dead or Alive - Arcade, Saturn, PlayStation (1996)

Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:21 pm   Reply with quote

He's Commander Adam Malkovich. He was in the old Metroid comics in Nintendo Power magazine; he was one of Samus' commanding officers. Now, if you think that's extremely obscure, it isn't, because he's also mentioned in Metroid Fusion, at points when Samus talks to herself:

"Following the commands of this blunt, computerized CO is something I have to bear, as it was a condition of my taking the ship. For someone who dislikes taking orders, this is the second time I've found myself having to do so. It makes me recall my other CO..."

"That computer reminds me of a gruff Federation CO I served under named Adam Malkovich. He called me "Lady" on missions; from anyone else, it would've sounded sarcastic, but Adam made it sound dignified. Out of respect and with some irony, I named the computer after him."

"As I listened to the briefing, my thoughts turned to Adam. The real Adam understood me well. He would end orders by saying, "Any objections, Lady?" He knew I wouldn't disagree. That was just his way of noting our trust. I wonder if I can trust this computer, too..."

So... it looks like we'll be getting to know Adam better in Other M. =)
Dimension D    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 pm   Reply with quote

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
He's Commander Adam Malkovich. He was in the old Metroid comics in Nintendo Power magazine; he was one of Samus' commanding officers. Now, if you think that's extremely obscure, it isn't, because he's also mentioned in Metroid Fusion, at points when Samus talks to herself:

"Following the commands of this blunt, computerized CO is something I have to bear, as it was a condition of my taking the ship. For someone who dislikes taking orders, this is the second time I've found myself having to do so. It makes me recall my other CO..."

"That computer reminds me of a gruff Federation CO I served under named Adam Malkovich. He called me "Lady" on missions; from anyone else, it would've sounded sarcastic, but Adam made it sound dignified. Out of respect and with some irony, I named the computer after him."

"As I listened to the briefing, my thoughts turned to Adam. The real Adam understood me well. He would end orders by saying, "Any objections, Lady?" He knew I wouldn't disagree. That was just his way of noting our trust. I wonder if I can trust this computer, too..."

So... it looks like we'll be getting to know Adam better in Other M. =)
Because I'm a huge nerd, I'm going to correct you now.

Adam's appearance was actually in the Metroid manga, published in 2003 or 2004 in Japan. Also (Metroid Fusion spoilers): the computer in that game turns out to have actually been Adam's mind digitized.
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:57 pm   Reply with quote

I'm not the biggest Metroid fan, so I figured I'd make a mistake somewhere. I do know about the spoiler already, just didn't know about the manga. Anyway, based on Samus' recollections of Adam, I just figured that it's likely that that's who Mysterious Black Guy is.
Dimension D    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 pm   Reply with quote

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
I'm not the biggest Metroid fan, so I figured I'd make a mistake somewhere. I do know about the spoiler already, just didn't know about the manga. Anyway, based on Samus' recollections of Adam, I just figured that it's likely that that's who Mysterious Black Guy is.
Erm, considering that we see Adam in the trailer and he's definitely not black, I'd say that that's a little bit unlikely. >.>
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:18 pm   Reply with quote

DOES ANYONE FEAR THAT THIS NEW METROID MAY BE TOO ACTION-ORIENTED, WITH THE FOCUS RELYING ON COMBAT RATHER THAN EXPLORATION AND ATMOSPHERE (WHICH IS WHAT THE OTHER METROID GAMES FOCUSED ON)?

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT METROID GAMES-ESPECIALLY THE METROID PRIME GAMES-WAS THAT THEY HELD A DARK (SOME MAY EVEN SAY GRITTY) ATMOSPHERE, AND FOCUSED ON A LONE PROTAGONIST TRAVELING ACROSS MYSTERIOUS ALIEN WORLDS. THE FEELING OF ISOLATION-THAT YOU'RE ALONE ON THIS UNCHARTED, MYSTERIOUS PLANET, EXPLORING NEW LANDSCAPES AND FIGHTING HORRIFIC ENEMIES WHERE THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP YOU-IS WHAT MADE THE SERIES SPECIAL FOR ME, AND I WOULD BE GREATLY DISAPPOINTED IF THEY WERE TO EVER LOSE THIS FEEL.

THIS IS WHAT I BEGAN TO FEAR AFTER WATCHING THE TRAILER. I HOPE THAT IT DOESN'T BECOME ANOTHER COMBAT-FOCUSED FRANCHISE; I HOPE THAT IT WILL STILL HOLD THE SENSE OF MYSTERY AND DISCOVERY THAT THE SERIES HAS ALWAYS HELD.
The Highwind Goods Store    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:21 pm   Reply with quote

Lrrr of Omicron Persei 8 wrote:
DOES ANYONE FEAR THAT THIS NEW METROID MAY BE TOO ACTION-ORIENTED, WITH THE FOCUS RELYING ON COMBAT RATHER THAN EXPLORATION AND ATMOSPHERE (WHICH IS WHAT THE OTHER METROID GAMES FOCUSED ON)?

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT METROID GAMES-ESPECIALLY THE METROID PRIME GAMES-WAS THAT THEY HELD A DARK (SOME MAY EVEN SAY GRITTY) ATMOSPHERE, AND FOCUSED ON A LONE PROTAGONIST TRAVELING ACROSS MYSTERIOUS ALIEN WORLDS. THE FEELING OF ISOLATION-THAT YOU'RE ALONE ON THIS UNCHARTED, MYSTERIOUS PLANET, EXPLORING NEW LANDSCAPES AND FIGHTING HORRIFIC ENEMIES WHERE THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP YOU-IS WHAT MADE THE SERIES SPECIAL FOR ME, AND I WOULD BE GREATLY DISAPPOINTED IF THEY WERE TO EVER LOSE THIS FEEL.

THIS IS WHAT I BEGAN TO FEAR AFTER WATCHING THE TRAILER. I HOPE THAT IT DOESN'T BECOME ANOTHER COMBAT-FOCUSED FRANCHISE; I HOPE THAT IT WILL STILL HOLD THE SENSE OF MYSTERY AND DISCOVERY THAT THE SERIES HAS ALWAYS HELD.
Sakamoto says not to worry too much about it, and considering that he was the man in charge of some of the best games in the series, I'd take his advice.
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

I think I see what my problem was. When I watched the trailer, I must have thought I saw the 'mysterious black guy' say "Any objections, Lady?" If someone else said it, I just didn't see the person. I only watched the trailer once, so... sorry. xD
Dimension D    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm   Reply with quote

'Tis fine. =P
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews