digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

On Anime Fans
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:01 am   Reply with quote

I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT A GOOD PORTION OF SELF-PROCLAIMED ANIME FANS (YOU KNOW, THE EXTREME OTAKUS) DON'T WATCH ANIME FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF IT, EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY CLAIM TO DO SO WHEN YOU ASK THEM. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THEY JUST WATCH ANIME SO THAT THEY CAN FIT IN TO THE ANIME CROWD.

BEFORE YOU ASK WHY I'VE CONCLUDED THIS, I'LL TELL YOU WHY I'VE CONCLUDED THIS. I VISIT QUITE A FEW SITES, YOU SEE, AND ALOT OF THESE SITES HAVE INDIVIDUAL ANIME BOARDS FOR ANIME DISCUSSION. MY REASON FOR BELIEVING OTAKUS AREN'T AS PASSIONATE AS THEY CLAIM TO BE COMES FROM THE WORDING USED INSIDE THOSE BOARDS.

"I'M CURRENTLY WATCHING THIS ANIME RIGHT NOW."
"I'VE 'COMPLETED' THIS ANIME."
"DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD ANIME TO WATCH?"

THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE PASSION FOR THE MEDIUM, BUT RATHER, A DESIRE TO FIT IN.

"NAH, I'M TRYING TO COMPLETE THIS ANIME, SO I DROPPED THAT ONE."

IT ALMOST SOUNDS COMPETITIVE; HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE TRUE FAVOR FOR THE SHOW THAT THEY ARE WATCHING.

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT AN ANIME NERD. I RARELY WATCH ANIME, BUT WHEN I DO, I DO SO FOR ENTERTAINMENT. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT ME FOR WATCHING IT. I JUST WATCH IT BECAUSE I FIND IT ENTERTAINING.

SO, HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR AMONG THE SELF-PROCLAIMED ANIME FANS? LET THE DISCUSSION REGARDING THIS PHENOMENON COMMENCE.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am   Reply with quote

That pretty much applies to every television genre that ever existed. This is clearly nothing new.
Some store that sells shit    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 am   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:
That pretty much applies to every television genre that ever existed. This is clearly nothing new.

THERE IS A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN FANS OF OTHER GENRES USE THE TERMS "COMPLETE" OR "DROP" REGARDING THE SHOWS THEY LIKE (THEY TALK AS IF ONCE THEY FINISHED THE ANIME, THEY WOULD NO LONGER WATCH IT AND MOVE ON TO ANOTHER ONE, WHICH IS NOT WHAT SOMEONE WHO TRULY LIKED THE ANIME WOULD DO), NOR HAVE I EVER SEEN SO MUCH OF A DESIRE FOR FANS OF OTHER GENRES TO PROVE THEIR FANDOM TO OTHER FANS.

TO PUT IT SIMPLY, FANS OF GENRES WILL SOCIALIZE WITH EACHOTHER BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE SHOWS OF SAID GENRES, BUT IN THE CASE OF ANIME FANS, IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THEY ARE LIKING ANIME IN ORDER TO SOCIALIZE.

THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO ALL ANIME FANS, OF COURSE. ONLY THE EXTREME OTAKUS.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm   Reply with quote

Very true. I'm kind of like that, I guess, but I'm not that desperate.

I've only completed 2 animes, Death Note and Negima.

THE REST I CANNOT STAND. :O
Koop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

anime fags oh the horror.

imagine if everyone treated anime like a regular animation.
Baby Shop    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:23 pm   Reply with quote

Stupid Blonde wrote:
anime fags oh the horror.

imagine if everyone treated anime like a regular animation.

Oh christ

I was on an anime board and there was a thread like, "What if there was no anime and only western style TV?"

Everyone was all, "OH HOLY SHIT MAN I'D KILL MYSELF."

I am obviously not an anime fan if I like western cartoons too, according to them.
The Shop on a Hill    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:12 pm   Reply with quote

Animes tend to have storylines so people would want to watch the entire season, if they dont care to see the rest.

Some times they would like to see similar material so theyll ask for a new similar anime to watch

(Note these are random assumptions)
Choco's    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:20 pm   Reply with quote

But it's not like you can't follow more than 1 anime

Unless you get so confused with the plots that you can only do it one at a time

Which is pretty BS.
The Shop on a Hill    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:21 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
But it's not like you can't follow more than 1 anime

Unless you get so confused with the plots that you can only do it one at a time

Which is pretty BS.
Just like how people can follow four or five TV series' at once. Really, it's the same thing, just that people treat it differently.
The Town of Lix    
that confounded bridge
Abstract
Vampire

HP: 82 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:37 pm   Reply with quote

Obsessive anime fans can be really *crag* annoying.

They're elitist, and have some sort of hierarchy in their fandom.

It's almost like certain parts of the music subculture. You know, the parts that look down on you for listening to certain types of music? Especially if it's well-known, or of a certain genre?

Yeah.

It's like you're subhuman if you watch anything that... well... isn't "in" in the anime crowd. Heaven forbid you enjoy Dragon Ball. And, with them, if you enjoy anything that comes out of North America or Europe, you OBVIOUSLY have terrible taste and haven't been ENLIGHTENED yet.

And, yeah, they do drop things, even if they like them, once they get popular. It's kind of annoying when they're trying to shove something down your throat, and then one week later they suddenly hate it.
some shop lol    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:50 pm   Reply with quote

I don't fit in with any crowd because of what I watch.

I enjoy cartoons so damn much. I can't tell you how much they've influenced my life and interests haha. The good thing is people love me for it. My dream job is in animation.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:22 pm   Reply with quote

It's just another artstyle. I don't understand why people go utterly batshit over it.

I don't enjoy a show because of whether or not it's anime. I enjoy it for the plotline and for the visual quality.
Buzzy Mart    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 am   Reply with quote

Megumi Kitaniji wrote:
It's just another artstyle. I don't understand why people go utterly batshit over it.

I don't enjoy a show because of whether or not it's anime. I enjoy it for the plotline and for the visual quality.
This is exactly the reason people should like tv. That's the same reason I watch Avatar. I mean, sure, half of the stuff is retarded (Giant psychic lion-tutrtles!? WTF!?) but the animation is great and the plots and action are so mind boggling. It really pisses me off that anime fans don't give a shit, they only like something because it was made by Japanese guys. Not to mention the fact that they hate it the next day.

I can't imagine how hard buying birthday presents is for their parents.

———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
Unfortunate Chantress
Nayelhsa

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 am   Reply with quote

Everybody wants to be part of something.
It's natural for most people of today's society.

But, I have noticed that, a lot. - Heck, even I admit I have gotten into a few Animes to get someone elses' attention; (yes, I know that is the wrong direction to go). On the flip-side I sometimes make people get into the Anime I am currently into, because heck, hardly any of my friends like the stuff I do. o`¬o

Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuper wrote:
This is exactly the reason people should like tv. That's the same reason I watch Avatar. I mean, sure, half of the stuff is retarded (Giant psychic lion-tutrtles!? WTF!?) but the animation is great and the plots and action are so mind boggling. It really pisses me off that anime fans don't give a shit, they only like something because it was made by Japanese guys. Not to mention the fact that they hate it the next day.

I can't imagine how hard buying birthday presents is for their parents.

———————————>:awesome:

Mention that horrible show again and I'll have to murder you.
Stuff Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media