digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

So... anyone into TCGs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:58 am   Reply with quote

Seriously. I know this is mainly a gaming site, but I can't be the only one here, one can I?

I'm really only into two TCGs, and they're both ridiculously mainstream. I have a Psychic deck in the Pokemon TCG and 3 Yu-gi-oh decks(A Toon deck, A Sea Serpent deck, and a Psychic deck).

Discuss, fagnuggets.
Pipe Land Goods    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 am   Reply with quote

Personally, I've never really been into them. Well, apart from when the Pokémon cards first came out, they looked so cool :]

I have a few friends that actively play that Magic: The Gathering TCG. I like the pictures on them too, but I don't own any myself, nor play the game.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:22 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, it's kinda funny. Nobody gave a shit about the game when Pokemon cards were a fad. I only knew because I owned that obscure Gameboy Color game. It's actually pretty fun.

I've heard a lot of good about Magic: The Gathering, but I've been way to lazy to get into it.
Pipe Land Goods    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:22 am   Reply with quote

I've never been into cards.

The only 'card' I owned was for pokemon, and that came with the first movie. (Mewtwo card, I think)
Ornaments    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 am   Reply with quote

Because I don't live in a country where TCGs (other than Magic The Gathering) become a trend, I stick to TCG videogames.

I played Pokémon TCG, and I play Yu-Gi-Oh.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 am   Reply with quote

My brother gave me his entire Pokemon card collection a while back. Dunno where it is. And my friends at school play Yugioh when they're really bored.
The Shop on a Hill    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:11 am   Reply with quote

I had a whole deck of hand me down pokemon cards, but I lost all but a Caterpie card.
Gemstone Goods    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 am   Reply with quote

E-123 Omega wrote:
I had a whole deck of hand me down pokemon cards, but I lost all but a Caterpie card.

I ended up giving mine away to my neighbor. I ended up buying more on ebay like a year later though.
Pipe Land Goods    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:17 pm   Reply with quote

I have plenty of magic the gathering cards, I would play with someone, but the only people who have them are my brother and cousin, and they're too good, Id end up losing all my cards
Choco's    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:42 pm   Reply with quote

I collected Pokemon cards, but never played with them. managed to get all of the original 151, but after that, it was a challenge to get them all. My friend got hold of a bunch of newer packs, and ended up giving me the stack, so I made a Dark/Grass deck for shits and giggles.

Yu-Gi-Oh!, on the other hand... I have 2 decks that can powerhouse through anything, well, at least from when they were made. Now there are those cards that are basically instant wins without trying.
Geno's Tree    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:17 pm   Reply with quote

I previously collected Pokemon cards when they came out, up to the beginning Hoenn sets, but rarely played with it. Eventually, though, I discovered a local Pokemon TCG League and joined. Since then, I've been playing the TCG. Back then, I could afford to keep up with new sets, but at this point, almost all of my cards are outdated. I still manage to churn out a legal deck and play, though.
Anti-Francis Mart    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:30 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
I previously collected Pokemon cards when they came out, up to the beginning Hoenn sets, but rarely played with it. Eventually, though, I discovered a local Pokemon TCG League and joined. Since then, I've been playing the TCG. Back then, I could afford to keep up with new sets, but at this point, almost all of my cards are outdated. I still manage to churn out a legal deck and play, though.
Wait, they made certain Pokemon cards illegal? D:

It was bad enough when Yu-Gi-Oh! did it.

And that's what REALLY pisses me off. They make the *crag* cards, and then a month later you're not allowed to use them. I say if someone can't handle a good combo of cards, then it's their own fault and the cards shouldn't be banned because some people bitched about it.
Geno's Tree    
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:40 pm   Reply with quote

No, they don't make particular pokemon cards illegal. They just rotate out the older sets come a certain time every year or so. So you can't use cards that are years old or anything, they have to be in a certain time frame. That time frame is over a year old, so if you've got any pokemon card from the Diamond and Pearl sets onwards, plus promos and certain packs, you can use them. They never ban specific cards, though. There's also often reprints of certain cards, so if you've got a 10 year old Potion, you can still use it since it was reprinted. The same goes for many pokemon, trainers, and energy.
Anti-Francis Mart    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:10 pm   Reply with quote

Vid Inferno wrote:
No, they don't make particular pokemon cards illegal. They just rotate out the older sets come a certain time every year or so. So you can't use cards that are years old or anything, they have to be in a certain time frame. That time frame is over a year old, so if you've got any pokemon card from the Diamond and Pearl sets onwards, plus promos and certain packs, you can use them. They never ban specific cards, though. There's also often reprints of certain cards, so if you've got a 10 year old Potion, you can still use it since it was reprinted. The same goes for many pokemon, trainers, and energy.
That's still kinda lame. I'd love to use my cards from the olden days. I mean, they use the same gameplay elements regardless of age. More features are in the newer version, but it doesn't make the older cards obsolete.

I don't think I'd be able to enter any kind of league. I'd want to use all the awesome trainer cards exclusive to the Neo series.
Geno's Tree    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:44 pm   Reply with quote

Back in the 3rd grade, pokemon cards were like the shit...we didn't play the game right but hell it was fun showing off all our sweet ass cards, I didn't really get anything good though ever and all my friends had like cards that were actually good. Then next year everyone moved on to Yu-Gi-Oh cards and I didn't bother with TCG after that.
Some store that sells shit    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion