digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Is anyone a fan of Oblivion?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Marth
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Me personally like the game post levels and classes and skills if you want to ill post mine some other time when I have more free time.

TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 pm   Reply with quote

I have logged hundreds of hours, saved over 1000 times, made at least 20 characters, and I am still not done with this game. The sheer amount of content is insane. It's one of my favourite games ever.

If I have one complaint, it's the bosses. Umaril was pathetically easy, and though most dungeons have a designated boss enemy, you won't even notice when you're fighting it. The only good boss battle is Jyggalag. ФֻФ
asdf    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, the bosses were utter wimps.
I tend to handicap myself in some way, either with mods or through only using certain equipment.
Also, sword fights are more fun if you actually bother blocking. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:40 am   Reply with quote

Cid Inferno wrote:
I have logged hundreds of hours, saved over 1000 times, made at least 20 characters, and I am still not done with this game. The sheer amount of content is insane. It's one of my favourite games ever.

If I have one complaint, it's the bosses. Umaril was pathetically easy, and though most dungeons have a designated boss enemy, you won't even notice when you're fighting it. The only good boss battle is Jyggalag. ФֻФ

Bosses? In Oblivion? Confused

It's alright. Has alot of stuff to do, but alot of the stuff tends to look and feel alike. I highly dislike the dialogue system (It just looks and feels ugly; the limited number of voice actors for the vast amount of NPCs doesn't help, either), and the AI is often hilariously stupid (I consider that a plus, though; it's always a joy to see the prisoner you were helping to escape suddenly stop and have a delightful conversation about mud crabs with the guard who was just chasing you).
The Highwind Goods Store    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:52 am   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Cid Inferno wrote:

It's alright. Has alot of stuff to do, but alot of the stuff tends to look and feel alike. I highly dislike the dialogue system (It just looks and feels ugly; the limited number of voice actors for the vast amount of NPCs doesn't help, either), and the AI is often hilariously stupid (I consider that a plus, though; it's always a joy to see the prisoner you were helping to escape suddenly stop and have a delightful conversation about mud crabs with the guard who was just chasing you).
Yes bosses.
We call them that because you know
They are stronger than most enemies and are important in some way. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 am   Reply with quote

Rogal Dorn wrote:
Cid wrote:
Cid Inferno wrote:

Yes bosses.
We call them that because you know
They are stronger than most enemies and are important in some way. ಠﮯ๏

They must be at the end of the game or in the expansions or something, as I've played through a good 75% of the core game, and haven't found anything I'd consider a "boss." I could understand calling some mobs "bosses" if they are vastly harder than normal NPC mobs, but I really didn't see any examples of that (Most of the named NPCs weren't very different from generic NPCs in terms of difficulty, from what I've played).
The Highwind Goods Store    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:17 am   Reply with quote

Speaking of terrible AI, let's talk about some awesome shit.

Flavio was doing the Dark Brotherhod quests and it was all pretty cool. Then Flavio got to the one where you have to kill that one guard guy who hates the DB and y'know you gotta get his finger and shit. Flavio was like NO PROBLEM YO and snuck into the office place to kill him. After a few failed attempts to assassinate him something amazing happened. Flavio was completely *crag* around and decided to pickpocket him in his sleep. He woke up and was about to be like BITCH WHAT THE HELL but for whatever reason Flavio decided to turn invisible right as he woke up. For some reason this caused every *crag* guard in the entire continent to gather around him and beat the shit out of him for no good reason. Flavio didn't even have to attack anything, the guards killed him for Flavio.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Jedi
aquacura

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

I played it once and got pretty far, but I stopped. It's fun and all, but I have to be in the mood for it. Confused

The Feral Nuclear Reactor
HawkofRawk

HP: 14 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 pm   Reply with quote

Flavio wrote:
Speaking of terrible AI, let's talk about some awesome shit.

Flavio was doing the Dark Brotherhod quests and it was all pretty cool. Then Flavio got to the one where you have to kill that one guard guy who hates the DB and y'know you gotta get his finger and shit. Flavio was like NO PROBLEM YO and snuck into the office place to kill him. After a few failed attempts to assassinate him something amazing happened. Flavio was completely *crag* around and decided to pickpocket him in his sleep. He woke up and was about to be like BITCH WHAT THE HELL but for whatever reason Flavio decided to turn invisible right as he woke up. For some reason this caused every *crag* guard in the entire continent to gather around him and beat the shit out of him for no good reason. Flavio didn't even have to attack anything, the guards killed him for Flavio.

That...makes sense?

darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm   Reply with quote

Would being a fan of Fallout 3 mean being a fan of Oblivion? Because it's pretty much oblivion with guns.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Oblivion > Fallout 3, IMO.
Toad Town Shop    
Marth
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm   Reply with quote

Ya I love the game I just got to level thirty-four on a mage Breton. I have a Nord not sure it's in the around the Mage's level. Well i made every race at least level twenty.

TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:17 pm   Reply with quote

Slim wrote:

Oblivion > Fallout 3, IMO.

They both have their perks (some more literal than others doh ho ho), but Oblivion was more enjoyable in the long run. It just has more to do. You can do all the quests in F3 with enough time, but you can never ever ever beat Oblivion 100%.
Also STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM. ФֻФ
asdf    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:05 am   Reply with quote

Meh; I enjoyed Fallout 3 more. While Oblivion may have had far more content, the content in Fallout 3 was presented with a much higher level of quality (And, while it did have the same theme throughout the game, the locations didn't grow boring or unsightly like the numerous dungeons and mobs did in Oblivion). While it still had some of the drawbacks that Oblivion had (Such as the boring, ugly dialogue system), the overall atmosphere, attention to detail, and general presentation of the game elevates it above Oblivion, in my opinion.
The Highwind Goods Store    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 pm   Reply with quote

A friend of mine is a BIG fan of the game. He always nags about doing a marathon with me for this game. I might recommend him to watch this post.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming