digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New Pokémon?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

What do you think about the newer Pokémon?
Ew, Pokémon has always sucked.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
The old ones were cool, these newer ones suck.
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
The new ones are just as cool as the old ones are.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're way cooler than the old ones.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're more creative.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're less creative.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I don't really notice a difference. They're just as cool and creative as the old ones, in my opinion.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I vote for options 2 and 6. (Old ones were cool, new ones suck and they're less creative.)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
I vote for options 4 and 5. (new ones are cooler than old ones and they're less creative..)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. (Specify.)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

What do you think?
Milton Games    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote

The newer Pokemon designs are more creative, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're better.

R/B/Y Pokemon were like, "Well.. it's a fire-breathing dragon, but get this, it's tail is on FIRE." Charizard's design may not be that unique, but it still looks a lot better than Probopass.

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote

I don't mean their designs, I mean what they are, basically. The old ones were just weird things and animals, but now they have mirrors and living bee hives
Milton Games    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 pm   Reply with quote

Anything after generation 2 isn't worth anyones time. Stick with the classics.
Some store that sells shit    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:

This man speaks the truth.

Though a few of the Gen 4 pokemon are kinda decent.
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 pm   Reply with quote

ULTRA PARTY FRANIS wrote:
Goron Mask wrote:

This man speaks the truth.

Though a few of the Gen 4 pokemon are kinda decent.
It's really just Darkrai, imo.
Milton Games    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:29 pm   Reply with quote

I think that Online just made Pokémon a whole lot better in the multiplayer aspect.

Anyways, Kanto's Pokémon were cool, even though there is a tendency in some players to only use the ones they caught before they get to the second gym. The map design was pretty cool. I like how you pass under Saffron twice before actually getting in it. I don't like the temporary point of no return at Cerulean city, though.

Johto's Pokémon are noticeable for being something you have never seen before in the first generation, but not many of them are very used in battle. I think the strong point of Johto is its map design and its characters.

Hoenn had good new Pokémon, although it was questionable that many of the older ones weren't available to find and catch in it. The NPCs are bland, and once you're done on the first on-land part of the game, the whole rest takes place on the sea, where you surf and meet the same Pokémon over and over and over. The long surfing part is what keeps me away from completing my Ruby game for a 4th time. The contests were very cool, though.

Sinnoh added Online, which is great. However, despite the new Pokémon looking cool, only a few of them are good for battling your way through the game, a thing that Platinum thankfully fixes. Some of Sinnoh's Pokémon has to be a ridiculously high level to evolve, and most trainers don't have the patience to train them all up to that point. Some Pokémon are also ridiculously rare, especially in the Great Marsh in Pastoria city.
Wario Land Shop!    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 am   Reply with quote

Less creative designs. I liked Pokemon till the third season, then I dropped out.

Marth
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote

I used to watch it when I was around six or so but I will never watch it again now playing the older versions on ds is a diffrent story.

Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 pm   Reply with quote

I really didn't like alot of the Pokemon in the first generation. I believe the second and fourth generations of pokemon trump the first in terms of character design (I do like some of Ruby and Sapphire's Pokemon, of course; unfortunately, the vast majority of Ruby and Sapphire's bestiary is bland and uninspired).
The Highwind Goods Store    
Unfortunate Chantress
Nayelhsa

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 am   Reply with quote

I'm such a Pokénerd I won't really care if Gamefreak and Nintendo are milking it for all it's moneys worth. awesome

No, that's a horrible thing of me to say, lol!

Yeah, I don't really notice the difference, I think it's all awesome. Love the classics, love the new. It's good to cherish the old, and it's good to try new things.

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 am   Reply with quote

Nayelhsa wrote:
I'm such a Pokénerd I won't really care if Gamefreak and Nintendo are milking it for all it's moneys worth. awesome

Yeah, I don't really notice the difference, I think it's all awesome. Love the classics, love the new. It's good to cherish the old, and it's good to try new things.

At least until you begin catching kitchen appliances.
Tamriellic Titles    
Unfortunate Chantress
Nayelhsa

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Nayelhsa wrote:

At least until you begin catching kitchen appliances.

awesome

Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:21 am   Reply with quote

I've never been able to stand the 3rd or 4th generations of pokemon. After R/S came out, I stopped playing it all together. I only started playing the games again when diamond and pearl came out because I was bored. There are too many uncreative pokemon. Unique, no doubt, but very uncreative. Bidoof, the beaver doofus, is just a complete waste of time as a pokemon, and would be better served as a toilet bowl cleaner. The first two generations of games were very addicting, and made me look foward to the third, only to be dissapointed. I AM very happy that they decided to remake the gold and silver versions, which were by far my favorite of the series.

Also, a lot of the new pokemon games aren't even pokemon games in my opinion. Pokemon ranger, for instance. It just goes against everything pokemon to me. "OH BOY! I'M GONNA SPIN MY ARM SO I CAN EARN A POKEMON'S TRUST! YUP! HE'LL DEFINITELY TRUST ME AFTER SPINNING MY ARM 30 TIMES! OH YEAH!" I mean, what the *crag*? And then the TV show. It's way too 'cute' and 'nice' now for me. Every show it's the SAME awEOGIHWEOGUISHERIUAGH THING. "OHAY, LET'S GO TO THIS CONTEST!" "NO WE WON'T LET YOU! WE'LL STEAL PIKACHU INSTEAD!" "NO I WON'T LET YOU! PIKACHU, USE VOLT TACKLE!" "PI! KA! AWIEIOEJJGEOWGHAWEJOWACHU!"

*sigh*

I really need to stay away from all this.......*leaves*
Greenlight Global Goods    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:18 am   Reply with quote

They are going to keep making the games as long as they are popular. If they can make money, they will make the games.
And don't say NINTENDO ONLY CARES ABOUT THE MONEY NOW, since all companies just want your money. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming