digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New Pokémon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

What do you think about the newer Pokémon?
Ew, Pokémon has always sucked.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
The old ones were cool, these newer ones suck.
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
The new ones are just as cool as the old ones are.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're way cooler than the old ones.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're more creative.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
They're less creative.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I don't really notice a difference. They're just as cool and creative as the old ones, in my opinion.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
I vote for options 2 and 6. (Old ones were cool, new ones suck and they're less creative.)
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
I vote for options 4 and 5. (new ones are cooler than old ones and they're less creative..)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. (Specify.)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 am   Reply with quote

To be honest, I think Nintendo's trying way too hard to make pokemon "epic." The reason D/P sucked was because most of the pokemon were really boring and not useful in battle, and they made "god" pokemon like Dialga and Palkia and Arceus. And I don't know what the *crag* they tried to do with Giratina. They don't explain ANYTHING about the Distortion World and his origin form. I guess they just tried making him look cool or something, idk.
I think R/S/E is where pokemon lost a little bit of popularity, most of the pokemon were pretty bland and the characters had no personality. Plus, the "evil" teams were SO LAME. They never did anything bad and they had stupid goals. Rayquaza was kinda cool though.
Personally I think G/S/C was the best out of all the pokemon games. Well, some of the pokemon were kinda boring and underused, but the legendaries were pretty awesome. They didn't try to make them "gods" of anything, they were just strong and rare pokemon with cool designs. The other awesome thing about this game was that you could explore TWO regions. It was nice revisiting Kanto and being able to train my pokemon more.
I'm not really sure what I can say about R/B/Y, I played this game when I was really little and I just remember it being one of those overrated fads. A lot of the pokemon are pretty uncreative and there were too many big and strong pokemon. But, what can you expect, it was the first pokemon game.
The spin-off games aren't really noticed that much, and I don't care about them a whole lot. The only one I really liked was the original PMD. The characters had a lot of personality, and the story was nice too. Plus, it was a nice change actually BEING a pokemon without any people around. It kinda made pokemon more enjoyable. The only thing I don't like about PMD is the whole friendship shit. It's kind of a gay and overused theme. I really hate how you always come back to life in the end just because your partner is crying about it. It's really stupid.
Nastasia's Shop    
Generic Title
Schmorky

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:06 pm   Reply with quote

It's strange... for me, each generation brings something interesting, but I'd definitely say R/B/Y/G/S/C were the most consistent in producing stuff I liked. I mean, the newer generations have spawned a few additions that I'm rather fond of (For me, Lucario comes to mind. I can't really think of a particular reason why, I just like it.), but it just doesn't quite have that same impression you got from the first two generations.

Like, when it was just the first two generations, there were some pokemon of similar sort of make, but they were still different enough on a few levels that you could overlook it. Since R/S/E, though, some pokemon, you could just look at them and tell 'Oh yeah, that's the "new" Rattata, Pidgey, etc.

I enjoyed G/S/C in particular, not just because of the Pokemon, but for many of the new gameplay features introduced as well.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:45 am   Reply with quote

1st: good
2nd: the best
3rd: shit
4th: asdf
Baby Shop    
Ghost
Articuno X
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

I like the old ones just as much as the new ones.
Kourindou    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

Pokémon as a whole is really a mixed bag. One of the main problems is that as far as the new games go, they've lost sight of what made the original two generations so great.

Design-wise, I can tolerate the new Pokémon(In fact, a few of my favorites are 3rd/4th gen), just not the ones that are made only to replace previous ones like Wurmple. I also dislike the "God" Pokémon and the gayer ones lacking in design blown way out of proportion by the fanbase/movies. *cough*darkrai/lucario*cough*

You see, the reason the second generation was so great is because they actually cared about their fanbase, and gave it familiar themes and situations that both entertained the newbies and gave oldfags those "Oh, I remember this!" moments. It was great, it pleased everyone, and life went on.

One of the main problems of the generations 3 on up is that every new game, instead of making a good region with a good plot, the new regions are pretty much just nesting grounds for the new Pokémon. As well, they try so hard to force the new Pokémon down your throat that it's obnoxious and it makes the games overall a far less enjoyable experience. Coming back to GSC, which got it right, let's describe the situation. Okay, so we have a new region to freshen things up, but players will still encounter all the Pokémon from the previous games that they've come to know and love. There are some new ones thrown in, too, but whether or not you'll use them is your option. The newer games sound a little like this: OMG NEW POKEYMANS BUY IT AND COLLECT ALL THE *crag* SINNOH POKEMONS DO IT BEFORE YOUR FRIENDS DO HUH WHATS KANTO AND JOHTO FUCK THAT SHIT THERE IS ONLY SINNOH HUH WHATS A PIDGEY FUCK YOU THERE IS ONLY STARLY LOLOL WE'RE SUCH SELLOUTS"

Also, the villains. Team Rocket was all they needed in the series, they were greedy, selfish, corrupt individuals whos only flaw is that they've given in to a life of crime. Realistic, yes? Now, the new teams. Grown men and women in Halloween costumes who want to destroy the world with a super-powerful Pokémon, and- WAIT WHAT THE FUCK?

I also noticed that the reason they dropped the slogan "Gotta catch 'em all" is because they realized that the new games really only care about the new Pokémon and not the remaining 200 or 300.

The defense rests.
Pipe Land Goods    
Ghost
Articuno X
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm   Reply with quote

I always thought they dropped "Gotta catch 'em all" because "Gotta catch 'em all yeah" backwards sounds like "I love Satan".

And yeah, I hate Arceus. Go to any pokemon fansite and you'll be up to your knees in OMG ARCEUS IS KAWII XD
Kourindou    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

Articuno X wrote:
I always thought they dropped "Gotta catch 'em all" because "Gotta catch 'em all yeah" backwards sounds like "I love Satan".

Nah, you probably heard that from one of the many Bible-humping anti-pokemon fanatics that see little monsters cockfighting as Satanic while pretty much every other video game series gets away with way worse shit. Even Mario.
Pipe Land Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:53 pm   Reply with quote

You gotta give the 3rd Gen one thing. Team Magma and Team Aqua were pretty cool in Emerald, despite the fact they wanted to destroy the world instead of having a more plausible goal like aqquring money and rare Pokemon.

Last edited by Tails Doll on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hell    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:37 am   Reply with quote

They were way cooler than Team Galactic, but they were all still fags.
Milton Games    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 am   Reply with quote

Some of the new ones are rather neat, but overall my heart belongs to the Red-to-Crystal Era. Some of the more recent games are fun (case in point: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger), but it's mostly because they're new and not the same tired routine the main series has gone through for so long.
Dark Land Supply Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming