digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

ZiiP Gaming Comunity Blackmails Infinity Ward

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:39 am   Reply with quote

It seems as though that this group of gamers would like a little something for their services for playing Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty games. The ZiiP community had bought the url http://modernwarfare4.com/ for this purpose. They are hoping that Infinity Ward will give Modern Warfare 4 (if it comes out in the future) to each of their members.

Here’s what the exact note said from the ZiiP community to Infinity Ward:

Quote:
Hello!

If you are reading this, you may well be the web administrator for Infinity Ward.

If you are, there is a chance that you may well require this domain. Don't worry, you can have it - in exchange for a little 'good will gesture' for the little gaming community that owns this domain and has been playing your games for years.

What we'd like is a copy of the game that this domain would be used for, - one copy for each and every member of our gaming community.
If you wish to discuss this further, drop me an email - welovecod@ziip.co.uk or goto www.ziip.co.uk and leave a message to Jester.
Many Regards Smile
James

You can find a bit more information from my source.
Troopa's Treats    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 am   Reply with quote

Is that the first time ever something like this was attempted?

If so, I would be very surprised. But I think they'll find a way around this anyways.
Wario Land Shop!    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:45 am   Reply with quote

Or they can just scrap the franchise and do everyone a huge favor.
Toad Town Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews