digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New rule.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 pm   Reply with quote

Anyone who claims not to like this game is trollin'. Yes, they are trolling. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You cannot try and get past this, as this is now a fact of life. There is absolutely no way at all that you can dislike this game. It is amazing.

I just put this game in my Wii for the first time this year, and i've got to say even if you've played the crap out of it before, it is wonderful. I mean seriously now, if you skipped the cutscenes (Can you even do that?) or whatever, I totally understand; but otherwise, there is no way you can possibly dislike this game.

There is also the possibility that you didn't beat the game (Not neccesarily getting all 121 stars; just beating the last fight with Bowser should suffice); I guess that's understandable. Maybe you didn't go to the Library for the stories (Once again; is it even possible to do that?); I felt like it was a huge part of the game, but maybe that's just me.

Well anywho, i'm just babbling at this point, so i'll stop now. TL;DR; What the hell is wrong with you people?
Hammerspace    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm   Reply with quote

...How can you even say that our opinion is invalid, this game didn't have the warmth of SM64, nor did it have any amazing level designs, most of them were half-rate and just annoying...
...I can't really pin-point my dislike of this game, but it just seemed as if they worked too hard to make this game so shiny on the outside, but really not so amazing on the inside...

...This game just didn't have the push to get all 121 (even though I did, just to see) unlike SM64's 120. It's was awesome, that game, I cannot honesty give that game any complaints, only that I wanted MORE, whereas I can play through 10 levels of SMG and just get tired...

Don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but not for the next big Mario title. The game had good galaxies, but they really were far and few between...
~White Shy Guy

The Feral Nuclear Reactor
HawkofRawk

HP: 14 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm   Reply with quote

Plus it's easy as hell. Nothing was hard in the entire game. Even the Bouldergeist Daredevil was easy.

Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
...How can you even say that our opinion is invalid, this game didn't have the warmth of SM64, nor did it have any amazing level designs, most of them were half-rate and just annoying...
...I can't really pin-point my dislike of this game, but it just seemed as if they worked too hard to make this game so shiny on the outside, but really not so amazing on the inside...

...This game just didn't have the push to get all 121 (even though I did, just to see) unlike SM64's 120. It's was awesome, that game, I cannot honesty give that game any complaints, only that I wanted MORE, whereas I can play through 10 levels of SMG and just get tired...

Don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but not for the next big Mario title. The game had good galaxies, but they really were far and few between...
~White Shy Guy
>this game didn't have the warmth of SM64
Oh please, unlike SM64, the entire game was full of NPCs; they provided plenty of atmosphere.
>nor did it have any amazing level designs
You're not serious, are you. I could understand "much", but "any"? Did you skip most of the Galaxies?
>but really not so amazing on the inside...
whoat
>This game just didn't have the push to get all 121
This I actually understand completely; It's the biggest thing I agree with in your entire post.
>The game had good galaxies, but they really were far and few between...
That's the only reason i'm looking forward to Galaxy 2.

At HawkOfRawk; I understand that it was pretty easy, but that is in no way a good reason to hate this game.

Last edited by MALAK on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hammerspace    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm   Reply with quote

HawkofRawk wrote:
Plus it's easy as hell. Nothing was hard in the entire game. Even the Bouldergeist Daredevil was easy.
...I don't really use that as a valid arguing point comparing to SM64, seeing as SM64 was even EASIER than SMG...
~White Shy Guy

the coolest dude ever
Super Super-Dimento

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 pm   Reply with quote

*insert wall of text here*
The Magic Market!    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

Sync wrote:
>this game didn't have the warmth of SM64
Oh please, unlike SM64, the entire game was full of NPCs; they provided plenty of atmosphere.
>nor did it have any amazing level designs
You're not serious, are you. I could understand "much", but "any"? Did you skip most of the Galaxies?
>but really not so amazing on the inside...
whoat
>This game just didn't have the push to get all 121
This I actually understand completely; It's the biggest thing I agree with in your entire post.
>The game had good galaxies, but they really were far and few between...
That's the only reason i'm looking forward to Galaxy 2.

At HawkOfRawk; I understand that it was pretty easy, but that is in no way a good reason to hate this game.
...I don't consider adding characters who only say one line such as "Wheee, collection star bits is fun! *whirl*" to add "warmth"...

...I didn't actually mean no good galaxies, but I meant very few...

...and also, SMG was so much more linear in it's level designs than SM64 was, the whole idea was, yeah you can pick a level to "do," but it's not like once you choose which one you want, you have to do that one, if I picked the one to Fight King Bomb-omb, i could.... or I could collect all the red coins, or I could free the giant Chain Chomp, or I could shoot to the Island, or I could collect the 5 secrets....

...SMG did NOT have that, once you chose a level you were usually bound to one or two stars to collect...
~White Shy Guy

Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:45 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand the whole "You can only choose one star to do ok" thing, it is a bit annoying.
Hammerspace    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:49 pm   Reply with quote

...In retrospect, yes the game had fun levels, and fun worlds, levels where it is just fun jumping around and finding coins, find star bits, etc, but I just can't go and say that this game felt rewarding when I set the game down after playing for 2 hours...
...With SM64, hey I could just have an amazing time speeding around the Lava world on my super fast koopa shell, you know, collect 100 coins, it really filled you up, in a sense...

...I can't explain it, but that enjoyability just wasn't there in SMG...
~White Shy Guy

Sync
MALAK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm   Reply with quote

Here's the thing; you give the game some good points. You don't hate it, you just don't feel it lives up to 64.

When I made this topic, I was pointing my direction at the people who ultimately bash it and call it a wreck. I've seen many people that do that and it gets on my nerves.

Maybe I didn't word my first post correctly.
Hammerspace    
the coolest dude ever
Super Super-Dimento

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:07 pm   Reply with quote

I did like the music in SMG, no complaints there, but i dont like how they completely scraped the melee system for the star bits system, I always liked the whole punching and kicking setup, and i don't like the bowser battles, they are too easy and aren't as pleasing as the old grabbing his tail and throwing him head first into a land mine thing. I seriously hope they bring back some of the older systems, as they where much more enjoyable than the new ones. I did like the gravity thing in mario galaxy, but that was only fun for a while. |ʘ~ʘ ;O
The Magic Market!    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote

Eh...it isn't that it's bad it's just most of the game is boring after the 1st playthrough, it makes me sorta wish I just rented this shit instead of asking my mom to buy it for me for me that year. The upcoming game however looks particular more interesting though.

Oh and one more thing, SM64 wasn't all that great either, for it's time yes but looking back on it was a dull broken sandbox platformer with Mario characters. Saying that shit was better than Galaxy is simply your inner fanboy taking over.
Some store that sells shit    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:44 pm   Reply with quote

Goron Mask wrote:
Eh...it isn't that it's bad it's just most of the game is boring after the 1st playthrough, it makes me sorta wish I just rented this shit instead of asking my mom to buy it for me for me that year. The upcoming game however looks particular more interesting though.

Oh and one more thing, SM64 wasn't all that great either, for it's time yes but looking back on it was a dull broken sandbox platformer with Mario characters. Saying that shit was better than Galaxy is simply your inner fanboy taking over.
...SImply saying that without actually stating why is ridiculous, many poeple believe that SM64 was better, some of the reasons having been stated above...
~White Shy Guy

Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm   Reply with quote

HawkofRawk wrote:
Boldergeist Daredevil was easier than Boldergeist. His moves were slower and less accurate. ANd no, it wasn't just that I knew how to beat him, because I still can barely beat normal Boldergeist, but Daredevil Boldergeist remains a piece of cake.
Milton Games    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
Goron Mask wrote:

...SImply saying that without actually stating why is ridiculous, many poeple believe that SM64 was better, some of the reasons having been stated above...
~White Shy Guy

Quote:
broken sandbox platformer

I already stated why
Some store that sells shit    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy