digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 - 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

Who will win this holiday season?
Xbox 360
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
PlayStation 3
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 28

Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

Cyber Mario wrote:
Insane Cop wrote:
Cyber Mario wrote:
Good to see the post writer has no fan-boy isms in him.

Sure it costs money to play online but anyone that's played them both can say that it's worth it. Don't forget Netflix, and all the great games the 360 has.

Now I will soon own both, and if I had to choose one I'd choose the 360, as it has better online, good games that haven't just arrived since end of '08. And one of the most underrated things, partys. You can all be playing different games and still chat. But when I get a Ps3 and it ends up being amazing, I'll admit I was wrong, they're both great consoles but stop being so one sided.
You are saying that the 360 is better than the PS3 even though you don't own the PS3. Yes, that totally makes you unbiased.
And that bit about the 360 having better online than the PS3 is utter nonsense. PSN is just as good as XBox Live, but PSN is free. ಠﮯ๏
I'm saying I like the 360 better because thats the only console I own. I've played the PS3 quite a bit and I like it, but when thinking about me owning one I still think I would use the 360 more. And PSn has tons more lag and missed games.
Explain. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Super Cyber Mario
Burning Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:12 pm   Reply with quote

Insane Cop wrote:
Cyber Mario wrote:
Insane Cop wrote:
Cyber Mario wrote:
Good to see the post writer has no fan-boy isms in him.

Sure it costs money to play online but anyone that's played them both can say that it's worth it. Don't forget Netflix, and all the great games the 360 has.

Now I will soon own both, and if I had to choose one I'd choose the 360, as it has better online, good games that haven't just arrived since end of '08. And one of the most underrated things, partys. You can all be playing different games and still chat. But when I get a Ps3 and it ends up being amazing, I'll admit I was wrong, they're both great consoles but stop being so one sided.
You are saying that the 360 is better than the PS3 even though you don't own the PS3. Yes, that totally makes you unbiased.
And that bit about the 360 having better online than the PS3 is utter nonsense. PSN is just as good as XBox Live, but PSN is free. ಠﮯ๏
I'm saying I like the 360 better because thats the only console I own. I've played the PS3 quite a bit and I like it, but when thinking about me owning one I still think I would use the 360 more. And PSn has tons more lag and missed games.
Explain. ಠﮯ๏
Ex: When playing Fat Princess, it would take a long time to find a game, then decide that there never was a game, so you would start over.
Killzone, ever single game for about 10 in a row said it was connecting, then just returned to the main screen.
You pay 50 for the less lag, and the added features like Netlix, party's, etc. And they're rolling out new stuff like twitter and facebook, which isn't mush but it's good.
Cyber Shop    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:14 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Princess doesn't do that anymore actually. Not sure about Killzone 2 though. Played it for a couple hours at my friend's house, didn't play the online.ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Super Cyber Mario
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 pm   Reply with quote

I guess I didn't really word my post right.

If your going to make a post about, who is the better console, don't make it biased. if I'm writing, who won the summer war, I'm not going to put

XBOX: HALO ODST
PS3:A DLC GAME

or

Controller
PS3- A controller with motion sensing, AND rumble
360- eh its a controller

Nevermind that the Ps3 had to decide to come out with a whole new controller, and half the games don't even have rumble, it is good that it recharges, but the PS3 motion sensing is not something that wins someone over. It does very little in games, moves you head, or lets you try and aim grenades, whoopde do.

The price for online is better but you get what you pay for.

Whichever one you go for is going to be sweet. I got my 360 last year because of the price, it dropped before the Ps3, the games: the PS3 didn't really take off in games until end of 08 (LBp, MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone), and most of the people I knew had 360s, and thats a big part of it, I can get online and go into a party and play nazi zombies or Halo with friends, which is worth it.

Now, I say I like the 360 more because I am posting opinions, and honestly swapping a Ps3 for 360 or vice versa, wouldn't kill me. They're both good, and hopefully when I have both I see that they are both equal, if not my expectations were wrong. But come on francis be fair.
Cyber Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:27 pm   Reply with quote

Cyber Mario wrote:
Good to see the post writer has no fan-boy isms in him...
stop being so one sided.

I am just presenting the facts, facts that anyone would see when they go to buy a videogaming console. The average person is making their decision off the console's technical abilities and what games are on the shelf (and probably what their friends have).

"Better" online is relative. On PS3 it is mostly dependent on the game itself, and on Xbox it's not always perfect either and there is a single point of failure. Anyways, most people don't care what kind of online it is, they just want to play a few matches of Call of Duty and get off. When they ask in the store if they can play online, the clerk will have to say the Xbox will require buying a Xbox Live Gold membership and possibly a WiFi adapter... but nothing extra is needed for the PS3.

My main point is that the Xbox may not be as successful now that the sticker price is the same.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Super Cyber Mario
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Cyber Mario wrote:
Good to see the post writer has no fan-boy isms in him...
stop being so one sided.

I am just presenting the facts, facts that anyone would see when they go to buy a videogaming console. The average person is making their decision off the console's technical abilities and what games are on the shelf (and probably what their friends have).

"Better" online is relative. On PS3 it is mostly dependent on the game itself, and on Xbox it's not always perfect either and there is a single point of failure. Anyways, most people don't care what kind of online it is, they just want to play a few matches of Call of Duty and get off. When they ask in the store if they can play online, the clerk will have to say the Xbox will require buying a Xbox Live Gold membership and possibly a WiFi adapter... but nothing extra is needed for the PS3.

My main point is that the Xbox may not be as successful now that the sticker price is the same.
true, I think starting now the 360 won't sell as well as the PS3 slim, but the 360 will still have more people, Sony was just a tad too late for this. Everyone now will have people they know who have a 360. And most games that are coming out this Holiday are multi. There really aren't games on either side that will tip the scales in terms of new releases.
Cyber Shop    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:07 pm   Reply with quote

Flavio doesn't seem to remember ever having a problem connecting to a Killzone game.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm   Reply with quote

The only reason Killzone didn't work when you were over is because I forgot I had my network cable unplugged.
Shrowser's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming