digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

It's been confirmed they wanted to approach in a children friendly way.
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 pm   Reply with quote

Flar3 Luigi wrote:
It's been confirmed they wanted to approach in a children friendly way.

Confirmed where? The article on the last page seems to say that they're not planning on censoring anything.

Quote:
Disney executives went to great lengths during the call to make the point that they don’t pretend to be more expert than Marvel is in handling their characters, citing the hands-off relationship Disney has had with Pixar since the acquisition of that studio. Disney said Marvel manages the properties from a business perspective very intelligently and trusts them to make the right decisions for these products for a long time to come.

Disney owns Pixar, but they work independantly. It'll be the same thing with Marvel.

I mean, making X-men or Punisher like a typical Disney movie would pretty much be suicide.

The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm   Reply with quote

Alright.

I am going to clear the room with my excessive Disney-fanboyism now.

FIRST OFF, Disney has already said that they will continue to acknowledge Marvel's contracts with rival companies. In other words, Islands of Adventure isn't going unless Universal doesn't want it, Universal doesn't pay the licensing fees, Universal breaks the existing contract or Disney tempts with large sums of cash.

SECOND, Disney has funded R-Rated movies for Touchstone and Miramax before, Marvel isn't likely to be 'kiddified', Marvel has already done that alot.

THIRD, Paramount has five more movies left to go before Disney starts making them. Iron Man 2 is the first of those five, ending with the Avengers. So, they can't put their actors in the movies just yet.

All that will really happen is Marvel will be able to have more money and better advertisers, the movies will also come faster.

And who knows? I wanted Disney vs. Capcom and it seemed like an impossible dream. Now it seems more likely if the Kingdom Hearts sales and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 rerelease sales go up.

Scrooge McDuck is my *crag* main.
Toad House    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:28 pm   Reply with quote

I really want to meet the people in The Office who are from towns under 10 miles away from me. What is that, like a third of the whole cast?
Milton Games    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 am   Reply with quote

Oh, great. Because individuality and creative diversity is so overblown in today's society.

Now they only need to all get bought by Rupert Murdoch and collapse in the media equivalent of a black hole.

You know, that's my issue with modern society. Money has too much lure for people; people care about it so much that getting more money is more important then what your company stands for.

You can live on 2 millions a year quite nicely, but why not make 20 millions and live in a 200 room mansion where you use 10 rooms?

I can sort of understand wanting to enjoy your success, but there's a point where it becomes senseless and the world would be a better place if you had an income "cap" and then let the overflowing money go to the workers, increasing general happiness.

BUT WAIT, I NEED A THIRD JACUZZI ON THE BAHAMAS.

Kind of Off-Topic, I guess... Eh, I still believe in people. Let's see how this turns out.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
God of Retro (apparently)
MattTheSpratt

HP: 34 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 am   Reply with quote

carfilledwithfish wrote:
I don't think we have to worry about Marvel becoming "Disney-fied." Keep in mind that Disney also owns Miramax, ESPN, and plenty of other things that aren't aimed at children.

This could potentially mean some awesomely-animated superhero movies, though.
I was waiting for someone here to say that.
TheSprattStore    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:29 am   Reply with quote

Hm... Well, if that happens then my faith in humanity may be ameliorated a little. :D
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Hug you blob NAO!
Super Tenebrae

HP: 100 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:53 pm   Reply with quote

http://games.ign.com/articles/102/1021041p1.html

uh nuff said
Tales of shop    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:33 pm   Reply with quote

Tenebrae wrote:
http://games.ign.com/articles/102/1021041p1.html

uh nuff said

stupidest article every

but i agree with the disney vs capcom vs marvel suggestion
Toad House    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media