digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Valve has idler items b&, given not-cheaters a halo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am   Reply with quote

Old news, probably.

Anyone using an external program in order to idle for hats has all his ill-gotten gains BALEETED by Valve staff, whilst people who didn't know or didn't care got a free halo.

According to official blog posts, only 4.5% of all players idled for hats, and they have become 4.5 percent of whom 100% are ANGRY.

Arguments go from "I only did it for the hats in the first place, damnit" to custom server skins that change the halo into the word "Fag" and a multitude of sprays insulting halo bearers. There's also a new Steam group, "Healers against Haloes" that refuse to heal anyone bearing the halo, and expect Valve to publically apologize to those using the idler.

Because random unlockables, expecially headgear with no effect apart from the cosmetic, are serious f*cking business.

Personally, I think this is ridiculous. First of all, the players are directing their anger at those who got the halo (which they will NEVAR be able to, spankety spankety spankety) who... didn't do anything (literally), didn't ask for the idler raid or something. This just creates internet conflict for no reason. Refusing to heal anyone bearing the halo is, to me, in between "unnecessary" and "childish" because once again those people didn't do anything.
Maybe it is stupid, rewarding those that did nothing, because we all know how easily one blows a fuse on the internet and likes to take it out on easy targets.
However, I personally think that if we want to make hats serious business, leave the haloers alone. They did precisely nothing. Besides, it's Valve's right to punish users of an unwarranted third-party application; similar to achievement faking that's in a grey zone to hacking.

My name is Zelnor, and this is Nerrcast.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Eh, wot
Super Slim
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 pm   Reply with quote

Once trading comes out, I can get the halo anyways.

Doh ho ho.
Toad Town Shop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:42 pm   Reply with quote

its the internet. what'd you expect, people to feel sorry for what they did?
Baby Shop    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 pm   Reply with quote

I only want a halo because of its exclusiveness.
Ornaments    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote

The part I find funny is that people say this came out of nowhere when Valve blatently stated they did not approve of third party programs used to gain items via the second post The Administrator and Announcer made.
Gemstone Goods    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am   Reply with quote

I really don't like my halo... It's kinda boring, and it's already so overused that I'd rather just use the regular headgear, seeing that I have no extra hats yet.
Geno's Tree    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 am   Reply with quote

Hatman wrote:

Once trading comes out, I can get the halo anyway.

Doh ho ho.

The halo doesn't appear in the backpack and can therefore not be traded.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 am   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
Hatman wrote:

Once trading comes out, I can get the halo anyway.

Doh ho ho.

The halo doesn't appear in the backpack and can therefore not be traded.

Yes it does.
As I was cleaning out my backpack I saw Cheater's Lament in the final slot.
Gemstone Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews