digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Mariology
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Mariology expert! :B
FaiDFlowright

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:44 pm   Reply with quote

This, although not a subject you can get a amjor in at college, is a worthwhile subject to go into, at least for us. This is the study of how Mario's world's actully work in our terms.

You start with a question, then we discuss it. I'll open a few questions, feel free to quote just the questions.

Why does mario never age?

My therory is that he spends so muchntime going trhough the dimensions, it uses the therory of relativity, so time passes through the world's he goes to, but to him, its only like a week.

How does Mario get through the dimensions?

My therory is (Based on the Book's "Speaker for the dead" by Orson Scott Card and the Flash animation "Imagining the Tenth Dimension")
that Mario's universe is far more evolved then ours, as such, they seem to be able to do many things we cannot. humans seem to be dying out on the planet, apart from Mario and Peach and Luigi, there are only the ancients. My therory is that the dimension that Mario lives in has discovered a way to travel by the anaisbles(spelled wrong, the links between objects subcontiously is a loose definition) through dimension 9, which is the fold between dimensions. the More Mario travels through the dimensions, the more the oher dimensions (Based on their time physics) age and evolve. Thus, how the places change everytime they go. The only probelm is Flipside, which brings to the last question:

How does Flipside never age, all the other dimensions do.

For those who have actully read Speaker for the Dead, you'll get my therory better. Flipside/Flopside is like Jane, it exists on the Anaisbles, and time there is almsot still, to the point where nothing ever changes there while Mario constantly moves through the Dimensions, and this would explain how the doors are there, since this is the center of all the connections.

Now, discuss my questions and therories, or come up with your own, its sure to be interesting!
McDidiles!    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote

Why don't Mario characters ever change clothes?
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 pm   Reply with quote

Light Prognosticus wrote:
Why don't Mario characters ever change clothes?

(I'm going to overthink this, but bear with me!!!)
I think, since humans are a dying race in his world, they don't make clothes that would fit them. They have to wear the same things cause that's all they have.
McDidiles!    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote

I have a shocking discovery.
You know how in most Mario games you get 1 ups?
There aren't extra lives. There are clones.
Peach has them made so when Mario dies, she still has somebody. I witnessed this horror myself on an average day in the Mushroom Kingdom. The so called "1 up" mushrooms are teleported to her, so she can extract the juices from them and make the clones. And now I may have said too much.
NON BANNER    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:04 pm   Reply with quote

Interesting theory. So everytime Mario enters a warp pipe, painting, liquid portal thing, warp wistle, etc. he is really passing through multiple dimensional layers. This explains why everytime he dies, or jumps back into a level, everything is exactly as it was before because he went back through multiple dimensions, going back in time to the same starting point.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:05 pm   Reply with quote

bobthelemon wrote:
I have a shocking discovery.
You know how in most Mario games you get 1 ups?
There aren't extra lives. There are clones.
Peach has them made so when Mario dies, she still has somebody. I witnessed this horror myself on an average day in the Mushroom Kingdom. The so called "1 up" mushrooms are teleported to her, so she can extract the juices from them and make the clones. And now I may have said too much.

If tha's true, then it even more proves that where peach and mario come from, they are way more advanced then us.

But i don't think uits true, what if Luigi gets it, or Bowser?
McDidiles!    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote

*Jumps down sewer* It didn't work. How does mario die from the slightest tap of an enemy?
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:10 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Interesting theory. So everytime Mario enters a warp pipe, painting, liquid portal thing, warp wistle, etc. he is really passing through multiple dimensional layers. This explains why everytime he dies, or jumps back into a level, everything is exactly as it was before because he went back through multiple dimensions, going back in time to the same starting point.

The warp pipes are negotiable, he seems to stay in the same world, at least most of the time. Its obvious by now that magic exists in many of these worlds, it may be some type of teleportation magic, or it could a an air-sucking pipe, which sucks up something when activated and pushes you out to where it ends.
Edit: to vc, maybe its because the enemies have small bristles on them. Or it could be (overthinking again) that Mario, because of interdimensional travel, has such a weak stablizing structure (he is human after all, its amazing he could do that, even the humans are evolved way beyond us to be able to stand what travel like that would do to us, we would get assimilated as we are now) the structure is phased so much, like the straw that broke the camel's back, he loses his connection.
McDidiles!    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote

There's so much stuff to be covered....like, how the decendants of the ancients are basically the only humans. that would mean the ancients were the last of the humans, and it was the pennacle of their intelligence before for some reason, it all came crashing down and they died off. These guys could control natural disasters (How many times do you see a hurricane come across where they live?) and could cool the world's Crust (That's the only way the Pit works, i mean, 100 floors? They had to find SOME plae to put it) So much technology....I'm going to write a book!
McDidiles!    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:47 pm   Reply with quote

How come Mario characters (except for Fleep and Squirps) don't go to the bathroom? And why does a bathroom exist in space?
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:48 pm   Reply with quote

How come Mario characters (except for Fleep and Squirps) don't go to the bathroom? And why does a bathroom exist in space?

I'm sure they do, just not when they are on a mission. Do you ever see anyone go to the bathroom on 24?
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:53 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:

I'm sure they do, just not when they are on a mission. Do you ever see anyone go to the bathroom on 24?

they have a bathroom in space because if you were to go to the bathroom in space space...it wouldn't be good. Can you imagine gettign hit in the face with your own pee?
McDidiles!    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

When I get a question about the world around me, I base my theories of lemmy's land.
Pipe Land Goods    
FaiDFlowright

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:56 pm   Reply with quote

Here's another question raised by therories:

How did the ancients die off, what could kill a race of humans so smart they could cool the world's crust, control natural disasters, and create interdimensional travel?
McDidiles!    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:36 pm   Reply with quote

I need to know this: How can there be a dark void growing bigger and bigger then when it gets big engouth destroys a dimention?
Nario's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario