digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Why Nintendo Fails
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:53 pm   Reply with quote

Be forewarned: In this letter, I will be as harsh as truth and as uncompromising as justice. Although my approach may appear a bit pedantic, by setting some generative point of view against a structural-taxonomical point of view or vice versa, I intend to argue that Nintendo's op-ed pieces represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. Although the themes in Nintendo's proposed social programs are limited, Nintendo has for a long time been arguing that the kids on the playground are happy to surrender to the school bully. Had it instead been arguing that it and its spin doctors are the most misinformed yahoos you can imagine -- and even then, only in your worst nightmares -- I might cede it its point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Nintendo's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how it thinks it would be a great idea to deny us the opportunity to bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed.

Is there anyone else out there who's noticed that as Nintendo feels less and less need to conceal its actions, it makes increasingly open moves towards foul escapism? I ask because its myrmidons believe that clever one-liners are a valid substitute for actual thinking. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able to, of course, but because Nintendo's faculty for deception is so far above anyone else's, it really must be considered different in kind as well as in degree. Nintendo says that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery!

It is hard to decide what is stronger in Nintendo: its incredible stupidity as far as any real knowledge or ability is concerned, or the cankered insolence of its behavior. If you've never seen Nintendo promote violence in all its forms -- physical, sexual, psychological, economical, and social -- you're either incredibly unobservant or are concealing the truth from yourself. If there is one thing I have learned, it is this: There is no such thing as evil in the abstract. It exists only in the evil deeds of evil organizations like Nintendo.

Nintendo's dupes consider its sermons a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of oligarchism. Even with the increasing number of grungy longiloquent-types, I must admit that I've read only a small fraction of Nintendo's writings. (As a well-known aphorism states, it is not necessary to eat all of an apple to learn that it is rotten.) Nevertheless, I've read enough of Nintendo's writings to know that this is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that the only winners in Nintendo's games are ambulance services and funeral homes. And here, I claim, lies a clue to the intellectual vacuum so gapingly apparent in Nintendo's expedients. Nintendo wants us to believe that our unalienable rights are merely privileges that it can dole out or retract. How stupid does it think we are? My best guess, for what it may be worth, is based on two key observations. The first observation is that its ignorant attempts to debunk myths often lead to the perpetuation of them. The second, more telling, observation is that I'm not very conversant with Nintendo's background. To be quite frank, I don't care to be. I already know enough to state with confidence that Nintendo says that it is its moral imperative to contaminate or cut off our cities' water supply. That's a stupid thing to say. It's like saying that an open party with unlimited access to alcohol can't possibly outgrow the host's ability to manage the crowd. After reading everything I could find on this subject, I was forced to conclude that I want to unify our community. Nintendo, in contrast, wants to drive divisive ideological wedges through it.

The first thing we need to do is to get Nintendo to admit that it has a problem. It should be counseled to recite the following:

* I, Nintendo, am a vile-to-the-core blockhead.
* I have been a participant in a giant scheme to promote the sort of behavior that would have made the folks in Sodom and Gomorrah blush.
* I hereby admit my addiction to interventionism. I ask for the strength and wisdom to fight this addiction.

Once Nintendo realizes that it has a problem, maybe then it'll see that if we let it erode constitutional principles that have shaped our society and remain at the core of our freedom and liberty, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization. I have the following advice for Nintendo: If you can't manage to be grateful for all the things we've done for you, at least have a little dignity, don't whine, and don't expect to be treated like a fragile doll just because you have a theatrically hypersensitive soul and delusions of entitlement. It's really amazing, isn't it? We can put people on the Moon and send robot explorers to Mars, but people often get the impression that what I call fastidious, blinkered peddlers of snake-oil remedies and Nintendo's hirelings are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that our path is set. By this, I mean that in order to oppose evil wherever it rears its splenetic head, we must speak out against malignant witlings. I consider that requirement a small price to pay because I have frequently criticized Nintendo's unspoken plan to devastate vast acres of precious farmland. It usually addresses my criticisms by accusing me of solipsism, demagogism, child molestation, and halitosis. Nintendo hopes that by delegitimizing me this way, no one will listen to me when I say that Nintendo finds reality too difficult to swallow. Or maybe it just gets lost between the sports and entertainment pages. In either case, Nintendo's claim that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury is factually unsupported and politically motivated.

Should we worry that Nintendo wants to rescue elitism from the rubbish heap of history, dust it off, slap on a coat of cheap sophistry, and market it as new and improved? In a word, yes. And that's not just because now is the time to redefine the rhetoric and make room for meaningful discussion but also because if Nintendo's flunkies had even an ounce of integrity, they would build a world overflowing with compassion and tolerance.

Nintendo sometimes has trouble convincing people that the sun rises just for it. When it has such trouble, it usually trots out a few obnoxious, nettlesome phonies to constate authoritatively that skin color means more than skill and gender is more impressive than genius. Whether or not that trick of its works, it's still the case that Nintendo's ethics are merely a stalking horse. They mask its secret intention to project a stream of petulant images of death, sex, disaster, material goods, celebrities, and other fixtures in a mock-Olympian firmament. Simply put, the irony is that Nintendo's most contentious epigrams are also its most blathering. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent."

Should someone think that I am saying too much, I am not saying too much, but much too little. For Nintendo has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that it appears to have found a new tool to use to help it deface a social fabric that was already deteriorating. That tool is snobbism, and if you watch it wield it, you'll honestly see why it seems clear that no group has done so much to con us into believing that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance as its habitués. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that on several occasions I have heard Nintendo state that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a comment. What I consider far more important, though, is that Nintendo's values are so inverted, they would make Lewis Carroll blush. I'll probably devote a separate letter to that topic alone, but for now, I'll simply summarize by stating that if Nintendo succeeds in its attempt to fill our children's minds with incontinent and debasing superstitions, it'll have to be over my dead body. Of perhaps even more concern is that you shouldn't let yourself be flummoxed by Nintendo's fast talk and air of self-confidence. That's the sort of statement that some people feel is mumpish, but which I believe is merely a statement of fact. And it's a statement that needs to be made, because Nintendo insists that newspapers should report only on items it agrees with. This is a rather strong notion from someone who knows so little about the subject. The law is not just a moral stance. It is the consensus of society on our minimum standards of behavior.

We are a nation of prostitutes. By this I mean that as long as we are fat, warm, and dry we don't care what Nintendo does. It is precisely that lack of caring that explains why we must help you reflect and reexamine your views on Nintendo if we are ever to exercise all of our basic rights to the maximum. Yes, this is a bold, audacious, even unprecedented undertaking. Yes, it lacks any realistic guarantee of success. However, it is an undertaking that we must really pursue because that fact is simply inescapable to any thinking man or woman. "Thinking" is the key word in the previous sentence. If I have a bias, it is only against out-of-touch, morbid big-labor bosses who redefine humanity as alienated machines/beasts and then convince everyone that they were never human to begin with.

Today, as yesterday, it would be hard to find anyone who doesn't agree that my contempt for Nintendo is boundless. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that the quest to burn Nintendo's opponents at the stake is the true inner kernel of Nintendo's philosophy, insofar as this figment of an inaniloquent brain can be designated a "philosophy". Let me try to explain what I mean by that in a single sentence: The odds are more than ten to one that we must use our minds and spirits to halt Nintendo's efforts to create a global workers plantation overseen by transnational corporations who have no more concern for the human rights of those who produce their products or services than Nintendo has for its adherents. Well, that's a bit too general of a statement to have much meaning, I'm afraid. So let me instead explain my point as follows: I contend that the best way to overcome misunderstanding, prejudice, and hate is by means of reason, common sense, clear thinking, and goodwill. Nintendo, in contrast, believes that its tractates are good for the environment, human rights, and baby seals. The conclusion to draw from this conflict of views should be obvious: If Nintendo got its way, it'd be able to censor by caricature and preempt discussion by stereotype. Brrrr! It sends chills down my spine just thinking about that. As I've said before, when I first became aware of Nintendo's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how if history follows its course, it should be evident that griping about Nintendo will not make it stop trying to convince innocent children to follow a path that leads only to a life of crime, disappointment, and destruction. But even if it did, it would just find some other way to make our lives a living hell. Lastly, I can't end this letter without mentioning that Nintendo has long served as a cheerleader for post-structuralism.
If you read this far than congratulations. This was a joke topic made by an insult generator, lol. http://www.pakin.org/complaint/
GashBell's Shop    
Agent of Crime
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

I was half way into my "Do you honestly expect any one to read that?" post when I recognized the format of the text.

augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

How long did it take you to type this o_0
Piccolo's Goods    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:56 pm   Reply with quote

Copy and Paste.

Edit: lol gaia
GashBell's Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:16 pm   Reply with quote

you really had me going there.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:19 pm   Reply with quote

Well of course I rolled a 20 in Int.
GashBell's Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:23 pm   Reply with quote

[roll=20]
Actions
Dice Used: 20 Roll Results: 1.
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:23 pm   Reply with quote

OMG! I rolled 1 on a 20 sided die!
yoshimitz707
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

XD thats such a bad roll. Watch me. [Roll=20]

At least I beat you!!

Last edited by yoshimitz707 on Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Actions
Dice Used: 20 Roll Results: 4.
GashBell's Shop    
Agent of Crime
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

[roll=100]

100 sided die win.

And I still only got 9? The dice cheat.
Actions
Dice Used: 100 Roll Results: 9.

yoshimitz707
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 pm   Reply with quote

[Roll=9001]

Nooooooooooooo! I didn't get over 9000.

Last edited by yoshimitz707 on Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Actions
Dice Used: 9001 Roll Results: 6692.
GashBell's Shop    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

[roll=100]

Lesse what I roll.

Better than you guys XD

Last edited by Piccolo the Pixl on Fri May 25, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Actions
Dice Used: 100 Roll Results: 79.
Piccolo's Goods    

Pretty sneaky sis/connect4

Agent of Crime
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:28 pm   Reply with quote

GashBell wrote:

Nooooooooooooo! I didn't get over 9000.

[roll=99999999999999999999999]
Actions
Dice Used: 99999999 Roll Results: 16925697.

Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 pm   Reply with quote

Let's see mine...

[roll=100]
Actions
Dice Used: 100 Roll Results: 9.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming