digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dr. Phil taping an episode on video game violence
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:13 am   Reply with quote

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/08/14/dr-phil-taping-game-violence-episode/

>_<

In addition, Jack Thompson mentions that he's been contacted about it. Joy.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:34 am   Reply with quote

Dr. Phuck is lame....

every gamer knows, seeing gore in a video game, doesnt really make an effect. because In Gears of War, I can chain saw a guys body in half, without feeling anything, but my mom had a small nail that went threw her thumb, and it just shivered me timbers.
Koop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:00 pm   Reply with quote

DirtBike06 wrote:
Dr. Phuck is lame....

every gamer knows, seeing gore in a video game, doesnt really make an effect. because In Gears of War, I can chain saw a guys body in half, without feeling anything, but my mom had a small nail that went threw her thumb, and it just shivered me timbers.
Agreed. I remember playing Resident Evil 4 (and I still play it). Probably the most violent game I own. Still, I feel nothing when there's blood and gore, since I know that it's JUST A GAME.
Geno's Tree    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:02 pm   Reply with quote

the only time I really dislike death in video games is when the game puts a character in, makes you really like that character, and then kills then 10 minutes later. >_<
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Shyguy
Tek

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:04 pm   Reply with quote

I don't think um.. violent video games are a problem... Just an easy scapegoat... Something to point the finger at...
The Repair Shop    
the pokemon among flowers
Shaymin

HP: 4 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:09 pm   Reply with quote

IRL violence is worse and they should be stopping that
it causes more violence than fake violence does

also, sports causes more violence than fake violence does
also, school causes more violence than fake violence does
also, _____ causes more violence than fake violence does

D: people ttly have their head in the gutter, pointing fingers at stuff that's just plain entertainment
persium/shaymin has a shop!!!    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:52 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
the only time I really dislike death in video games is when the game puts a character in, makes you really like that character, and then kills then 10 minutes later. >_<

M'aiqs English teacher was reading a weird book in class once. It spends the first 3 chapters talking about a guy, making you think he's the main character, then BAM, he dies. Story moves on to other stuff.
Tamriellic Titles    
RAPEFACE BUTLER MODE
Kii

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote

They did that in the anime I've been watching... got you really attached to one of the main characters, and then 8 episodes in he suddenly dies... ):

Anyway, yeah, I pretty much completely agree with what Shaymin said. There are tons of other things that cause real violence... people are worrying too much about the wrong things.
Out of the Way Convenience Shop    
uwnim
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:05 pm   Reply with quote

Most video games are violent.

darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:08 pm   Reply with quote

Kii wrote:
They did that in the anime I've been watching... got you really attached to one of the main characters, and then 8 episodes in he suddenly dies... ):

Anyway, yeah, I pretty much completely agree with what Shaymin said. There are tons of other things that cause real violence... people are worrying too much about the wrong things.

Agree'd, Super Mario bros was the first killing game, i see no people with italian accents jumping on evil mushrooms and shooting fireballs
darkzero's Bargain shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

M'aiqs English teacher was reading a weird book in class once. It spends the first 3 chapters talking about a guy, making you think he's the main character, then BAM, he dies. Story moves on to other stuff.

teh instance I am thinking of in particular is in FFIII. you meet a preistess, she let's you into a sacred cave designed to guard one of the crystals your after. and once you get to the end and she activates the crystal for you, she pushes you out of the way, and takes a poison arrow for you. afterwards you fight your would-be assassin.
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:31 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

teh instance I am thinking of in particular is in FFIII. you meet a preistess, she let's you into a sacred cave designed to guard one of the crystals your after. and once you get to the end and she activates the crystal for you, she pushes you out of the way, and takes a poison arrow for you. afterwards you fight your would-be assassin.

ACK! I've only made it to the Tower of Owen! Sad

And yeah, Dr. Phil is an idiot. Maybe he made sense once upon a time, but he has since begun to go the way of Maury and Jerry Springer, methinks.

If they're so sensitive about kids seeing blood and gore, they should stop fighting wars, the hypocrites!
Buzzy Mart    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 pm   Reply with quote

Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

And yeah, Dr. Phil is an idiot. Maybe he made sense once upon a time, but he has since begun to go the way of Maury and Jerry Springer, methinks.

If they're so sensitive about kids seeing blood and gore, they should stop fighting wars, the hypocrites!

YAY! someone else who has the game! tower of owen, huh? I remember that place. the boss is- *shot*
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

YAY! someone else who has the game! tower of owen, huh? I remember that place. the boss is- *shot*

Medusa. I know.

...Someone rerail this pl0x. Smile
Buzzy Mart    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

I WAS READING THAT BOOK! DAMN! You spoiled it!
Koop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews