digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Dr. Phil taping an episode on video game violence
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:19 pm   Reply with quote

Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
the only time I really dislike death in video games is when the game puts a character in, makes you really like that character, and then kills then 10 minutes later. >_<

M'aiqs English teacher was reading a weird book in class once. It spends the first 3 chapters talking about a guy, making you think he's the main character, then BAM, he dies. Story moves on to other stuff.

teh instance I am thinking of in particular is in FFIII. you meet a preistess, she let's you into a sacred cave designed to guard one of the crystals your after. and once you get to the end and she activates the crystal for you, she pushes you out of the way, and takes a poison arrow for you. afterwards you fight your would-be assassin.

ACK! I've only made it to the Tower of Owen! Sad

And yeah, Dr. Phil is an idiot. Maybe he made sense once upon a time, but he has since begun to go the way of Maury and Jerry Springer, methinks.

If they're so sensitive about kids seeing blood and gore, they should stop fighting wars, the hypocrites!

YAY! someone else who has the game! tower of owen, huh? I remember that place. the boss is- *shot*

Medusa. I know.

...Someone rerail this pl0x. Smile

she takes forever to kill. what jobs do you have?
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
the only time I really dislike death in video games is when the game puts a character in, makes you really like that character, and then kills then 10 minutes later. >_<

M'aiqs English teacher was reading a weird book in class once. It spends the first 3 chapters talking about a guy, making you think he's the main character, then BAM, he dies. Story moves on to other stuff.

teh instance I am thinking of in particular is in FFIII. you meet a preistess, she let's you into a sacred cave designed to guard one of the crystals your after. and once you get to the end and she activates the crystal for you, she pushes you out of the way, and takes a poison arrow for you. afterwards you fight your would-be assassin.

And yeah, Dr. Phil is an idiot. Maybe he made sense once upon a time, but he has since begun to go the way of Maury and Jerry Springer, methinks.

If they're so sensitive about kids seeing blood and gore, they should stop fighting wars, the hypocrites!

YAY! someone else who has the game! tower of owen, huh? I remember that place. the boss is- *shot*

Medusa. I know.

Red mage, white mage, black mage, fighter...

Prolly not the best combination.

...wait, how'd we get from Dr. Phil to FFIII? O.o
Buzzy Mart    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

Medusa. I know.

Red mage, white mage, black mage, fighter...

Prolly not the best combination.

...wait, how'd we get from Dr. Phil to FFIII? O.o

dr.phil-video game violence-someone in FFIII dying-FFIII
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:42 am   Reply with quote

I don't know, I think in the wrong combination with stress or maybe the first splinters of insanity, video games with violence will go from "idiotic way of releasing frustration and anger" to "retarded spare reality". So I think that they don't make people run amok (is that a worde in english ?) but when they are already dancing on the edge it can "offer" them a way to jump into the pit. Therefore, I consider Jack Thompson an idiot, but I support the thought that there shouldn't be unnecessary or just unreal violence in games. A bit, okay, the world IS (as much as we could get rid of it nowadays) violent, but no screaming corpses without innards nailed under the ceiling (Doom 3 in a cutscene, saw a censored pic in a Games Magazine, nearly made me eat in reverse, although being censored)
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews