digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Story of the SSBM Tournament: A fanfic by Captain Blue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 am   Reply with quote

This story is about the "tournament" that all the characters are fighting in (in other words, the game itself). With the exception of Game & Watch, Roy, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Falco, all of the characters are currently waiting for a battle as of chapter 1. The characters I mentioned will be introduced later on. Also, the characters do not die or get eliminated, but regardless, it is still a competition.

PS: This is my first attempt at a fanfic, so please give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, NOT DESTRUCTIVE criticism!

Chapter 1: The first match-up

Everybody looked at the large screen in front of them, waiting to see who they would face, and what type of match each person would fight in. "Let me fight Bowser. Let me fight Bowser." thought Mario. "Anyone but Bowser, please, ANYONE but Bowser!" thought Luigi. The other fighters were thinking more or less the same thing, wanting to fight or avoid a specific opponent. Thus they waited in the lobby for a short time.

At last, the screen started to show the first match. On the PA, a voice said, "First Match-up! One on one! Single life! Marth versus...Kirby" On the screen, it showed two boxes, and indeed, Kirby was to fight Marth. "WHAT!?" thought Kirby. "No way! Why do I get the tough opponent?!" "Let's go", said Marth. On the PA: "Fighters, decide on a fighting area". They decided to go to an area where they both are equal; Great Bay. There are many places to run and hide, so they are equally matched there. In an instant, they were there. A voice then said, "Ready..........GO!" Marth waited at the corner, waiting for Kirby to make a move. He did not have to wait very long, as Kirby was ready to charge headlong into battle. He ran at Marth, then jumped high above him. Marth drew his sword, preparing to counterattack. Kirby turned into a large stone, suprising Marth, who attempted to slash at the rock. He slashed many times, but to no avail. However, Marth was performing a pointless action as part of a plan. He was going to force Kirby to go back to normal, then attack him. Eventually, Kirby had to transform back, and when he did, he was immediately grabbed by Marth, thrown behind him, and off the stage. "GAME!" said the voice. "This games' winner is...Marth!" Marth celebrated briefly, because after he won, he was suddenly transported to Final Destination. Hearing a siren, he expected a new opponent. "I am Roy, Marquess of Pherae, who are you?" "I am Marth, Prince of Altea. The Marquess of Pherae, are you? Why are you here?" "I was just about to say the very same thing." "We should work together, Roy." "But first, in order to be sure that you are indeed the Marquess of Pherae, draw your weapon." Roy unsheathed his sword. "This is the Sword of Seals, a blade that only I can wield." "I see, well then, let us both leave this place as a team." "Very well." "No contest", said the voice, and the two swordsmen were back in the lobby where everybody was still waiting for the next bout to begin. END OF CHAPTER 1

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 am   Reply with quote

From now on, I will put the characters' name, so that you can tell who is talking. For example, for fox, I will put Fox: "Let's go!" and so on. For new characters speaking for the first time, the characters' full name will be printed, for example, Falco: "Hurry up!". The omnipotent voice will be represented by ??:
Unfortunately, in order to make sure I don't confuse anyone, I will now be making a new paragraph every time a different person speaks. I know this may eventually start to annoy people, but please bear with me.

Last, but not least, this chapter will be divided into several mini-chapters, one for each characters' series. For example, I may begin with the Star Fox team, then I will move to the Mushroom Kingdom, and so on, and so on.

And now, without further ado, let the next chapter begin!

Chapter 2: A challenge

Part 1: The Star Fox team

Fox and the rest of the Star Fox Team were lounging around in the Great Fox, bored, as usual.

Falco: "Man, what is with the galaxy nowadays? We haven't found anything to do in weeks!"

Peppy: "Speak for yourself! I'm finally getting to catch up on my rest it's so peaceful. I like the way things are now!"

Slippy: "Yeah! Thanks to all the off time we have, I have been able to make tons of upgrades to our equipment and aircraft. Fox?"

Fox: "Yeah, Slip?"

Slippy: "Remember when you asked me if I could make you an upgraded version of your blaster a few years back, after you went off to fight in that Super Smash Brothers competition?"

Fox: "Yes. Did you finally finish it?"

Slippy: "Yep. It now has rapid-fire capabilites! But, in order to add a faster rate of fire, I had to reduce the knockback. This blaster is a rapid-fire device, and it will damage the target, but it has no knockback. In other words, the opponent will not even flinch should you fire this at them. Sorry."

Slippy handed Fox the new blaster, which looked just like his old one, which he had in his holster.

Fox: "That's okay, Slip. To tell the truth, I always prefered speed over--"

Just before Fox finished his sentence, he was interrupted by the abrupt shaking of the Great Fox.

Rob: "The Great Fox is under attack! Attackers identified as Wolf O' Donnel and Pigma Dengar of the Star Wolf team! Fox, you have a message from an unknown entity."

Fox: "Tell me what the message says!"

Rob: "Affirmative. Ahem...'Fox Mcloud and Falco Lombardi of the Star Fox team, you have been selected to enter the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition. We have set up a warp to the lobby of the arena on the far end of the Great Fox. You will have to enter while on the ship itself. Please come immediately."

Fox: "All right. Falco, you're with me."

Falco: "Okay!"

No sooner than when the two went out to get to the warp, Fox heard on his comlink.

Peppy: "Fox are you crazy?! You can't just leave us here!"

Falco: "..........Fox, you go on ahead. I'll stay here and defend the Great Fox for now."

Fox: "But Falco--"

Falco: "Just GO! I'll catch up! I promise!"

Fox: "But...fine. Take my old blaster, and make sure that you survive. I expect to see you, the crew, and the ship in one piece when I return!"

Fox threw Falco his old blaster, and ran off into the warp, a tear in his eye.

Part 2: Captain Falcon

Today was an ordinary day for Captain Douglas Jay Falcon, known by many as Captain Falcon for short. He had just finished a few practice laps around Mute City, and was resting up for the next F-Zero Grand Prix, which was about 4 months away, when he recieved a familiar message in the mail.

Captain Falcon: " 'Captain Douglas Jay Falcon, you have been selected to participate in the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition. We have set up a warp to the lobby of the arena at the end of your practice racetrack. You must go in on foot. We hope to see you there.'"

Captain Falcon was glad to be in the competition, and immediately ran off towards the warp. However, once he had gotten to the halfway mark of the course, he heard the voice of an old rival.

Samurai Goroh: "Falcon! Today's the day I beat you! Get in your racer and race me now!"

Captain Falcon completely ignored Goroh, and continued on towards the warp.

Samurai Goroh: "Hey! GET BACK HERE!!!"

Captain Falcon ran faster than the average car when he looked back. Samurai Goroh was going to run him over! He ran as fast as he could and dove into the warp.

Samurai Goroh: "Oh no you don't! You're not getting away that easy!"

But it was too late. The warp already vanished.

Samurai Goroh: "ARGH! CURSE YOU CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!!!!!!!"

Part 3: The Triforce-bearers

Link and Zelda were, as usual, walking about Hyrule field, enjoying the relaxation and occasional battle with a monster. However, during this particular walk, they did not go very far before a creature appeared. A Poe stood there, holding a note in its ghostly arm, instead of a lantern. Before Link even drew his sword, the Poe gave Zelda the note. Link thought this was some manner of trick, but as he raised his sword, he was interrupted by Zelda.

Zelda: "Wait, Link! Don't kill the poor thing! It means us no harm!"

Link stood there, confused.

Zelda: "It says right here in the note. I'll read it to you. Ahem...'I am Sforzando, one of Sharp's cousins. I am sorry if I startled you. I have message for the two of you. You, Link, and Princess Zelda, have been chosen to compete in the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition. I have set up a warp to the stadium lobby. Simply follow me to the warp, and enter.' Well, I guess we can go, Link."

Sforzando: "Thank you. Now, if you would please follow me..."

Zelda: "You can hear me--YOU CAN TALK?!?"

Sforzando: "Of course. All Poes can speak. But only some of us can speak in a way that can be understood. Now, would you follow me?"

Zelda: "Okay. Let's go, Link!"

The two followed Sforzando all the way to the entrance to the Kokiri Forest.

Sforzando: "The warp is actually set up just before you enter the forest. Just walk in, and you're there."

The two entered the warp, ready for anything. Or so they thought...

As they left, Sforzando began to vanish, as most Poes do periodically. While doing so, he said a few final words.

Sforzando: "Good luck. You're gonna need it..."

And with that, Sforzando vanished.

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote

Part 4: The Pokemon

Deep within the depths of Cerulean cave, Mewtwo slept, undisturbed, not a care in the world. He had been sleeping like this ever since he escaped the Team Rocket genetics lab, run by Giovanni, head of Team Rocket, and the owner/gym leader of the Viridian city gym. Mewtwo had lost track of the amount of time he slept there, as he did not care. He typically only woke to find food and water. Even then, he had to eat and drink only once every three days, so he only woke up once every three days. Typically his meal consisted of items he teleported to him using his mind. The things he typically ate and drank were healthy choices, including one of every berry in the world, and protein shakes. He did this to make sure that his body and mind remained strong. Today, however, he was woken up twice. After he ate and drank, he had went to go back to sleep, only to be woken up an hour later. He had felt a gathering of many great powers, most of which were not Pokemon. Intrigued, he decided to find where they all were headed. He teleported himself to the lobby to the arena. Unbeknownst to him, he was followed by a innocently curious Pichu, who was teleported with Mewtwo.

Mewtwo looked around the lobby, and saw that this place was quite regal in appearance, with an indoor fountain filled with pristine water, comfortable and expensive-looking chairs and sofas, and a few doors.

(When Mewtwo speaks, it is with his mind. Therefore, Mewtwo will speak within parenthises instead of quotation marks.)

Mewtwo: (What is this strange place?)

??: "This is the waiting area for those who have been chosen to compete in the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition."

Mewtwo: (A competition?)

??: "Yes, a fighting competition. Would you like to compete?"

Mewtwo: (I suppose so.)

??: "Will your partner also be entering?"

Mewtwo: (Partner?)

Mewtwo turned around, and found Pichu, happily nibbling on a Bluk berry.

(For the other Pokemon, I will place a translation in parenthises.)

Pichu: (A competition? Cool! I'll join)

Mewtwo: (You heard him. He is not my partner, however.)

??: "Very well. Mewtwo, Pichu, welcome to the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition! Please wait until the other opponents arrive. They will be here shortly."

Part 5: The Mushroom Kingdom Crew

Today was a usual day for the Mario brothers. Bowser was attempting to kidnap the princess, and the Mario brothers were to stop him. Today's fight was at Snow Man's Land. Mario jumped over ice blocks and threw fireballs, while Luigi repeatedly jumped on Bowser's head. Bowser was annoyed with the fact that he was getting soaked by the combination of snow that Luigi knocked out of the tree that he was under every time he jumped, and the melting of the snow by the fireballs. Peach was also attempting to fight this time, by way of frying pan hits to the head. Bowser eventually became so angry that he shook off the water, grabbed Peach and Luigi, climbed up the mountain, up to the top of the big snowman's head, and threw a potion, creating a doorway for him to escape. However, the door disappeared when a portal appeared in its place. Confused, Bowser leapt in anyway, Peach and Luigi in tow. Mario, who had just gotten to the top, saw that the portal was closing, and he had to act immediately. He jumped into the portal with no hesitation, and found that everybody was fine, even Bowser. He found himself in the lobby of some manner of coliseum. "Welcome to the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition!" said the mystery voice. "You have all been selected to compete in this glorious fighting competition." said the mystery voice, but this time in a happier tone.
"A competiton?!" said everyone, shocked. "Yes, a competition. The other combatants will be here shortly. Please be patient." said the happy, yet stern-sounding voice.

Part 6: Yoshi

On Yoshi's Island, a green Yoshi was lazily snoozing in the shade of a healthy mature palm tree. The wind was blowing a gentle breeze. The trees were full of ripe, juicy, succulent fruit. The white sand was warm, but not too hot, the water was the perfect temperature, the sun was shining, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. A Yoshi's paradise. This Yoshi was protecting an egg, a white Yoshi egg, an egg left behind by some unknown entity. Today was the little egg's day to hatch, and its rumbling woke up the Yoshi. Yoshi put the egg in an open area, so it won't feel cramped when it hatched. The egg hatched, but a Yoshi did not come out. Rather, a portal appeared. This Yoshi was a curious Yoshi, so it eagerly entered the portal, arriving at the lobby of the coliseum.
"Yoshi?" ("What is this place") "You are at the lobby of the coliseum. Welcome to the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition." said the mysterious voice, in a positive tone. "Yoshi? Yoshi Yoshi!" ("A competition? Neat! I'm in!") "Very well. Welcome Yoshi, you are now a combatant in the competition. Please wait while the other combatants arrive. Feel free to have a fruit or two while you wait." said the voice. A melon and an apple fell directly in front of the Yoshi. The hungry Yoshi happily slurped up the two fruits in quick succesion, and layed down to nap while he waited for the other combatants.

Part 7: The Ice Climbers

Popo and Nana, more famously known as the Ice Climbers, were facing the biggest mountain they've ever tried to climb. They chose to climb it after Popo recieved a message in a bottle that said: "climb to the top of infinite glacier, and you will be rewarded". After consulting with Nana, the duo agreed to climb the mountain. After 3 full days of hiking, climbing, and enduring blizzards, they were a few feet short of the peak. "We're almost there, sister!" "Brother, I need to ask for a break." Popo stopped climbing in an instant. "Okay, dear sister, we will take a break", said Popo with a sigh.

Popo was determined to make it to the top, but he made sure that the safety of his sister Nana was top priority. Nana didn't really need a break, but she was worried about both Popo and what they might find at the top of Infinite Glacier. The two stopped at a small ridge, checked themselves for any injuries, and took a short break. "Brother?", said Nana in a worried tone. "Yes sister?", said Popo with a calm tone of voice. Nana then said, "Brother, what do you think we will find at the top?" "I don't know, Nana, but it has to be good." No further words were said, and they continued onwards, finally making it to the top. However, all the team found was a portal. Popo and Nana looked at each other silently, nodded, and together, they walked into the portal.

They soon arrived at the arena, and no sooner than the moment their feet touched the ground, they heard a voice say, "Welcome, Popo and Nana, to the Super Smash Brothers Melee battle tournament. You have been chosen to compete against the best of the best. However, you do not have to fight. If you do not wish to fight, you can choose to not enter. What are your decisions?" Popo and Nana talked to eachother about what they should do for a few minutes, and when they were in agreement, Popo said to the voice, "We choose to enter the tournament under the grounds that we fight as a team and are not separated." "Understood. Just know this: Popo, if Nana is defeated, you will remain alone to complete the match, but if you go down, Nana will also be beaten by default." "We understand.", said the two siblings with no hesitation by either one., "Good. Now, please wait here for the other competitors to arrive.", said the voice, and thus, they waited for the other competitors to arrive.

Part 8: Samus Aran
(NOTE: this takes place after Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime 2. In addition, Samus can talk in this fic, like the ice climbers)

Samus Aran had eradicated the menace known as Parasite X. Soon after, she had to eradicate the Ing from the planet Aether. Finally done, she felt as though her journeys were finally complete for a while. She decided to catch up on her research by reading her log from all the objects and lifeforms she scanned before leaving Aether. She took particular interest in Dark Samus. She also read more about her nemesis, Ridley. Although destroyed, she didn't want to risk a surprise attack without any information. As she finished the file, her starship computer emitted a quick beep, and a mechanical voice had said "Mrs. Aran, you have been sent a transmission from an unknown source. Do you wish to accept?" "Transmission accepted", said Samus with a sigh. She wanted to rest, but a mission was always welcome. Through the speaker, a voice unknown to Samus announced, "Samus Aran, you have been selected to compete in the Super Smash Brothers Melee competition. This is a fighting tournament that only chosen competitors can enter." Samus was somewhat surprised by the news, but felt as though it was bound to happen, as she had entered the previous tournament. "I may consider it, but first, are there any limitations to my equipment?", said Samus. She wanted to ensure she had an advantage. "You are allowed use of your Power suit, Missiles, Super Missiles, Charge Beam, Bombs, Morph Ball, Screw attack, Space Jump boots, and Grapple beam. All other devices are disabled. You will have to use physical attacks in place of your other gadgets." The voice was stern when it said the last sentance. "Understood. Count me in.", said Samus, satisfied with what she could use. "The coordinates that have just been sent to you will lead to a portal. Said portal will take you to the tournament lobby, where you will wait for the other competitors.", said the voice in a lighter and happier tone. Samus's starship computer had then said, in its same mechanical voice, "Coordinates received. Area is sector G7 with coordinates 17-35-27. Now setting course for location." "Expect us there within the hour.", said Ms. Aran. "Very well. I hope you enjoy this event. End Transmission.", said the voice, and the connection was lost. "Well then, this should be fun.", said Samus with a smirk. In 43 minutes, she arrived at the portal, jumped out of her ship and through the portal. She entered the lobby, and waited for her opponents.

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote

This is all I've got. I never got around to finishing it. If enough people like it, though, I'll consider finishing it.

Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:47 am   Reply with quote

Wow, this looks good!

I would like to see it continued if you could.

Though your first post seems like it would come after they were invited.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:53 am   Reply with quote

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
Wow, this looks good!

I would like to see it continued if you could.

Though your first post seems like it would come after they were invited.

Thing is, Chapter 1 is stuff going on when they all get there. Chapter 2 explains how they all got there. Understand now? As for continuing, I'll need a spark to get me going, but once I get it from something or someone, I'll have updates.

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:18 am   Reply with quote

Bump

Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:20 pm   Reply with quote

Bump...I need ideas.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations