digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Super Paper Mario- My Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario

Was my Review good?
Yes.
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't really care... -_-
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Meh.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Horrible!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:03 pm   Reply with quote

A new game for the Wii, Super Paper Mario is unique because it is different from the other Paper Mario games. Instead of being 3d, it is 2d, with the unique ability to flip to 3d at any time to find hidden paths, objects, and doors.

The gameplay of Super Paper Mario is kind of new, but pretty easy to get used to. 2 to jump, control pad to moves, A to flip, 1 to use pixls. Pretty basic. But then there is the ability to point the Wii remote at the screen to look for invisable doors. Also, the ability to shake the Wii remote right after you hit an enemy to to stylish moves to earn extra poinds.

The exp system is fun and easy to ajust to if you have never played an RPG. Defeat an enemy to earn points. Get a sertain amount of points to level up, and gain more attack power an raise max HP.

There is a lot of text in this game and requires a lot of reading. But the game has funny jokes and Bowser's quotes are quite humorous. Each character has a unique personality.

The music in this game is probably the best music in game history. The songs are AMAZING, and i'm sure everyone here that owns a copy hums along to most of the songs. Sure, some of the songs can get annoying if you listen to it for too long, but still. And most of the bad guy's themes rocked. If you don't agree with this, you're crazy...

The story is also pretty much the best in gaming history. I won't give away any spoilers for people who don't have the game, but it starts off that Count Bleck forces Peach and Bowser to get married, making a black whole that will soon destroy the world. Mario is then teleported to flipside, where he meets Tippi the butterfly and Merlon, who tells him to collect the 8 pure hearts and save the world.

The game has 8 worlds, each with different themes and different sizes / difficulty. There are also 2 pits of 100 trails, which you have to battle your way through 100 rooms, and another one, where you must defeat 100 enemies to collect your prizes. There are also many other side quests and will take even the pro gamer at least 3 weeks to beat.

Was my review good? If this one scores good, I might make one for Twilight Princess and Sonic and the Secret rings! I score this game a 9.5/10, because it was pretty short and easy. Anyone who hasn't, pick it up RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by Paper Luigi on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:40 pm   Reply with quote

Yes nice review Very Happy But I have to say the music wasn't the best but okay.
The jokes were wonderful and I like your review about that.
Overall its a pretty good review. 9.5/10
Baby Shop    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:42 pm   Reply with quote

WHERE IS THE PIE IN THE POLL?!?!?
Fiberglass World    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:43 pm   Reply with quote

pie=yes. Wink
Pipe Land Goods    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:45 pm   Reply with quote

Buh! Buh! Buh huh huh! Yeah, that review is pretty good. Except for the music part. Why? My battle theme is probably one of the best examples of game music out there. Buh huh huh!

And with that-Pow! I'm gone!
The Highwind Goods Store    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:47 pm   Reply with quote

Why doesn't anyone agree that the music was awesome? Confused
Pipe Land Goods    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Why doesn't anyone agree that the music was awesome? Confused

The music was awesome, yes. But it was no Uematsu. And it definitely wasn't near the greatness of my music! Buh huuuuuuh!

And with that-Pow! I'm gone!
The Highwind Goods Store    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

Nobuo Uematsu is overrated. But yeah, I agree that your battle theme is awesome.
Pipe Land Goods    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

Twilight Princess Reviw, heading your way!
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:27 pm   Reply with quote

I agree with most points except music. Nothing really stuck in my head except Dimentio's them because Dimentio is awesome. Also I like Castle Bleck song. Sounded like something out of FF or DQ.
GashBell's Shop    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:49 pm   Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with the whole review. But the music is what affected my point of view. Some of the music was repetitive and annoying in some spots (The Overthere music was annoying) while there was music that was an instant favorite (Mr. L/Luigi Theme). Overall, if I put up a rating for SPM, I would give it a 9.2/10.
Ammu-Nation!    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

Edited the music part a bit.
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

Here's what everyone else thinks of SPM.
Electronic Gaming Monthly: 9/10, 9/10, 8/10
Game Informer: 9.5/10(Also won Game of the Month May 2007)
GameSpot: 8.8/10
IGN: 8.9/10
Nintendo Power: 9.5 out of 10
Nintendo World Report: 9/10
RPGamer: 5/5
X-Play: 4/5
NGamer: 88%
Ammu-Nation!    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

GashBell wrote:
I agree with most points except music. Nothing really stuck in my head except Dimentio's them because Dimentio is awesome. Also I like Castle Bleck song. Sounded like something out of FF or DQ.

DQ? Diary Queen?

XD

Anyway, Count Bleck's theme was the best video game music I've ever heard in my life. So evil, yet so sad at the same time. Crying or Very sad
Ultimario Mart!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario