digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Best way to get points and coins.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

HP: 71 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

This is here to prevent anybody from asking how to get money or level up. Alright, here is the best way to level up!

1. First buy as many Shock Shells as you can.
2. Now, go to the start of 8-4 and use a shell. Follow the shell as it blows away everybody in your path! You will need Dashell to keep up with the shell, without Dashell, you won't get all of the monsters with the shell. You do get some though, so you can still do this.
3. This gets you very big chain, giving you a ton of points! When you are done, and got all the monsters in that starting room, use the Return pipe and repeat step 2 and 3 until you run out of shells. And also, all the monsters you hit in total, you should get 22 coins each run, so this pays for itself.

Now, for getting fast cash.

1. Buy as many Catch Cards. (Normal ones, not the SP type.)
2. Go to 5-2. Go to the 2nd screen and jump over the pit, then flip into 3D.
3. Here, you should see an Amazy Dayzee. For some reason, they seem to have a very high catch rate. Use a Catch Card and you should catch it. Pick up the card and use the return pipe.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until you run out of Catch Cards.
5. Go to any Card Shop and sell some Amazy Dayzee cards, they are worth 300 coins! And it only costs 20 to buy a standard Catch Card, so that is a 280 coin gain!

And, I didn't come up with these. On GameFAQs, Mr Weird Guy came up with the points trick and I can't really say who figured out the money trick first. If you are not far enough to get to the levels you do these in, go look at the other posts in this topic.

Last edited by Chin Fish on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:57 am; edited 6 times in total
Boo's Mansion    
Mr. L
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

Unless Mario reads this, this is a GREAT topic!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:39 pm   Reply with quote

Mr Weird Guy came up with the shock shell trick, and too many people have claimed credit for the Amayzee trick for anyone to know who discovered it. At least, I think.

wat
MeowMixer
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:37 pm   Reply with quote

Anybody know about the infinate Floro method?
SHOP OF DIMENTIONS    
Draku
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 pm   Reply with quote

Dimentio wrote:
Anybody know about the infinate Floro method?

It's how I got from level 20 to 24.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:50 pm   Reply with quote

For the Floro trick, you have to go to the pipe that spits out Floros in chapter 5-4 (from the first screen, drop all the way down to the bottom and go down the pipe near the small pipe). After you find the pipe, switch to Bowser, position yourself under the ? Block nearby (with the Pill Pals inside), press down on the D-Pad, and there you go. A good way to perfect this is to use tape or rubber bands to keep a dime down against the button. The only problem with this is that if you end up getting an item and your inventory is full, you'll have to play the Wheel of Fate and hope you don't throw away something valuable. In any case, I haven't tried this method, but I hear it nets about 350k points and hour. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the Shell Shock way is better then the Floro Pipe. I've done both, the Shell gets me a lot more points and I can level up with only two or three shells. Floro gets 7,500 a minute. 450k an hour.
Boo's Mansion    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:10 pm   Reply with quote

I figured more people would be interested in this. Anyways, try to keep this bumped so we don't have people asking about it.
Boo's Mansion    
Pixl
Cudge

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:17 pm   Reply with quote

I'll be sure to inform Mario about this, he'll be pleased to know how to level up so quickly!

There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:03 pm   Reply with quote

The topic got stickied now, so no need to keep bumped. Now, this will keep Digibutter free of any topics asking about points or coins.
Boo's Mansion    
Thoreau
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 pm   Reply with quote

Best way to level up is to use me and my handyness and grab them outta sight. And throw them at eachother.
Handy Abyss!    

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:31 am   Reply with quote

Well I've tried the coin trick and the card catcher doesn't always work on an Amazy Dayzee. There is a chance of them working, just try to at least have 5 of them.

Pixl
Cudge

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:13 am   Reply with quote

You basically have to repeatedly SMASH on the one button, it improves your chances of catching it by a lot.

SuperAidow
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote

I found it helpful going to chapter 1-2 to buy itens from Yold town and sell them at flipside to make some money profit...

Evan
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 pm   Reply with quote

I find the life shroom trick to be more efficient. It's time-eating, but it's a lot less luck-based than catch card stuff.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario