digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

It's me or Super Paper Mario have....
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Hammer Bro
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:40 pm   Reply with quote

....the most beutiful,deepest,most imaginative and greatest plot in all mario games?

seriously,the love story between blumiere and timpani,the worlds being cosumed by The Void,dementio controling everythong behind everyone...

this seriously is a diferent plot from the other mario games

Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah. But, they used the most overused cliche for RPGs ever.

[spoilers]

The final boss isn't really the final boss. How many times has that been used?
[/spoilers]
Fiberglass World    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:53 pm   Reply with quote

True. But where else to go. An ally had to attack. The enemies were already enemies. Anything was predictable.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
Hammer Bro
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:53 pm   Reply with quote

yeah but at the biggining I didn't espect that...

usually in RPGs you in seconds can guess that some villian is a traitor...really

and the rest of theplot had everything...comedy,drama.....and many other things

Mimi Lover
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:51 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, this game does have a wonderful plot, for the same reasons you gave. It's just fresh, new, and creative. Awesome plot, especially for a Mario game.

Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 am   Reply with quote

Almost saddest Mario story ever.

TTYD wins by just a small margin. Sure, it's "Mario saves Peach", but each and every character is given character, instead of "I step on this axe and beat Bowser again! YAY!" Super Paper Mario wins in humor by far, but after Bobbery and Scarlette... Blumiare and Timpani seem like a crush, or on the level of TEC-XX.

It's just that TTYD was a bit darker than this, minus the Underwhere. It just gave the game more drama, which is what I look for in a plot. Was the end predictable? Yes. Did I expect the path it would take? No.
Temple of I    
Hammer Bro
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 am   Reply with quote

Paper Mario: have the worst plot even, is just the typical plot in a mario game "OH NO!!PEACH WAS KIDNAPPED.....again.....I MUST SAVE HER...again.." and that's all.....

Paper Mario TTYD: well it start with the same thing but when you go further in the game the plot begean to get more and more interesting. some of the best parts oif the plot are Gitzville's plot (i spelled it right?), it was awesome, I didn't though that grubba was behind of all that. TEC part of the plot was great too....it was sad when Grodus ound him...or it...helping peach and he desconnect the computer. and finally the ending was cool too. oh I forgot, DonPianta was ne of the most creative characters, he made me laugh a lot when I see him,specialy after play Super Mario Sunshine.

Super paper Mario: this was the best of all. full of comedy and drama. like I said before, it's awesome!!

Grodus
Drive-Thru Whale
Burning

HP: 70 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote

I agree. SPM's ending is totally unlike a typical Mario game.
AWESOME.
It was a great plot.

GACK ACK ACK ACK!

That One Guy
Brobot L-Type
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 pm   Reply with quote

I agree completely... One of the biggest reasons it's my third favorite game of all time... It made me feel stronger emotions than any other game in existence, with one exception.

*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, the storyline of this game is going along really greatly (I haven't finished it yet! Shocked )

Just out of curiosity, what's your other favorite games, Brobot?
vBay    
That One Guy
Brobot L-Type
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote

vbzobs wrote:
Yeah, the storyline of this game is going along really greatly (I haven't finished it yet! Shocked )

Just out of curiosity, what's your other favorite games, Brobot?

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story and Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2. Neither of them are the one that made me feel the stronger emotion than Super Paper Mario, though. Thanks for asking. Very Happy

*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

Hmm... I've actually never even heard of those games, I'll have to check 'em out! Wink
vBay    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

The Blumiere and Timpani scenes really got to me and the end made me cry a bit (lolgirlytearjerkers). It's like in Chrono Cross where you have to leave young Kid to go back to to the future and she says, "Please don't leave me alone..." since Lucca's orphanedge burned down.
The Shop on a Hill    
That One Guy
Brobot L-Type
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

vbzobs wrote:
Hmm... I've actually never even heard of those games, I'll have to check 'em out! Wink

That doesn't really surprise me, truth be told, they're not very well known. They're both GBA games, actually... But I find them more fun than anything else I've ever played, and the first one and Super Paper Mario are the only two games that I ever played to the point of feeling "burnt out," so that I felt as though I couldn't play any video games for a couple of hours.

*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:12 pm   Reply with quote

Brobot L-Type wrote:
...the first one and Super Paper Mario are the only two games that I ever played to the point of feeling "burnt out," so that I felt as though I couldn't play any video games for a couple of hours.

Burnt out on video games!? Nonsense!
vBay    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario