digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

We need a change in staff (srsly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:15 pm   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
It's not official, but I'll post it when I'm done, to see who would be the best mod. =O

You need to test them with example scenarios... just a suggestion. Razz

Provide them with an imaginary example of someone breaking a certain rule, and ask them to write out how they would deal with it, see?
Dimension D    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:32 pm   Reply with quote

Scenario: All other mods are gone, someone starts up a spam topic in gaming about cheerios. Give the step by step process of what you would do.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Scenario: All other mods are gone, someone starts up a spam topic in gaming about cheerios. Give the step by step process of what you would do.

Lulz, nice one Popple.
NON BANNER    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 pm   Reply with quote

Hario wrote:
Crazy Cody wrote:
Plastic Mario wrote:
Two words.

Written test.

kthxbai

Heck, I'll do it. I agree with this. As long as there isn't a time limit.

I'd take this... I probably wouldn't do any good on it, but I digress. It's a good idea.

And, um, my two cents. Yeah, Mr. I is nice, but he's hardly ever on. And Popple is neat in his own way, but probably not the best as far as "setting an example" goes.
Buzzy Mart    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

If setting an example mattered, Geoff wouldn't have lasted as long as he has on the internet.

*Waits for someone to not say they didn't get the inside joke*
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 pm   Reply with quote

Scenario: A group of spammers, flammers, trollers, etc join the forum at various times of the week. They act like mature users who will correspond with others well and help the newcommers. On the otherhand, these people are secretely flamming new members by pming them and threaten to delete their account if they keep posting. They might also say a bunch of other rude comments. About a week later of flamming in the pms, the group has all registered and attack forum topic by forum topic. They necropost so much and flame, that a lot of forgotten topics are brought back. (These members would have gained some money by now) They would also attack other members and do some intense killing.

Question: If you were the only mod on and Francis wasn't there to back you up, how would you resolve this problem?
Troopa's Treats    
abdcefg
Mama Luigi
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:39 pm   Reply with quote

Scenario: Franis bend you plx.

Question: to bend or not to bend?
This shop is full of variety    
ERECTIN' A DICK
Miku Hatsune
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 pm   Reply with quote

Jr. Troopa wrote:
Scenario: A group of spammers, flammers, trollers, etc join the forum at various times of the week. They act like mature users who will correspond with others well and help the newcommers. On the otherhand, these people are secretely flamming new members by pming them and threaten to delete their account if they keep posting. They might also say a bunch of other rude comments. About a week later of flamming in the pms, the group has all registered and attack forum topic by forum topic. They necropost so much and flame, that a lot of forgotten topics are brought back. (These members would have gained some money by now) They would also attack other members and do some intense killing.

Question: If you were the only mod on and Francis wasn't there to back you up, how would you resolve this problem?
(nice one) Um, ban them
Anime and Image Shop    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:45 pm   Reply with quote

Jr. Troopa wrote:

I'd lock them up and keep them in jail until Francis come back. Then, I summerize to Francis what happened while he was gone and give him pictures of what the flamers did.

Remember, mods can't ban.
Ammu-Nation!    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 pm   Reply with quote

Crazy Cody wrote:
Jr. Troopa wrote:

I'd lock them up and keep them in jail until Francis come back. Then, I summerize to Francis what happened while he was gone and give him pictures of what the flamers did.

Remember, mods can't ban.

You stole my answer. D:
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote

That was easy, so many rules were borken. No one answered mine yet...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:50 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:

1. Move the topic to Off-Topic

2. Tell the topic poster that this kind of topics don't go in Gaming and give him/her a light warning.

3. If that poster keeps spamming, lock the clone topics and delete them (if it's possible) and jail the spammer.

4. Wait for Francis to confirm how long the spammer stays in jail.
Ammu-Nation!    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

I'm working on it...

There is various scenarios.
Fiberglass World    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:53 pm   Reply with quote

Forgot to strike Cody.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Forgot to strike Cody.

Darn it! I realized it too and.... oh well. Practice makes perfect.
Ammu-Nation!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback