digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

[First-Play Review] Halo 3.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:10 am   Reply with quote

Yup, ANOTHER Halo 3 topic. but whats wrong? Halo 3 is an awesome game! NOW, I only played it, for like 10 hours. SO, I'm not really into the game completely. Just like metroid, I will make a review, on how I think of it so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing I did was play 1v1 with my brother. on Zanzibar. a map from Halo 2, redesigned in Halo 3. The Graphics were amazing, (not like gears of war) and I immediately got used of the controls (cuz it was like Halo 2). I did have some problems reloading, and getting in Vehicles, because I kept thinking it was X, cuz Halo 2's button was "X" to reload/swap/etc. but it was "RB" in Xbox 360's Halo 3.. So it took some time getting used to. There was also a glitch, where you couldn't high jack a Mongoose. either that, or your not suppose to.

Theres a problem for people with HD TVS (16:9). that the Split Screen will look like so:

The Gameplay is allot like Halo 2, and it is VERY fun. with more realistic features (lolwut?) like, you are able to see the weapon on your back, unlike Halo 1 or 2.

There is some wierd effects, like if you melee someone in a custom match, they will FLY. but in Match making, they wont.

You can get sweet features like modding your Spartan, and much more, and getting achievements. Single players story is really neat, (cause it finishes the fight no duhz). 343 Guilty Spark is on your team now, it starts off with Master Chief, crash landing. and I wont include any more spoilers.

Then I played Forge mode.
With Maiq (bwgmon) and Sharp (HereWeGo). We were technically just messing around, if you press UP on the D-Pad, you will turn into a monitor, and you can fly around (sprint by holding LT) and add stuff, Vehicles, Objects, Weapons and such. You can make your own map basically. BUT the monitor isn't invincible, anyone can brake it (MAAAIQ). it depends how GOOD there skill is (maiq, I was idle when you sniped me >Sad).

you can also drop items on top of other people. its just a place to have fun, and not care.

Another Feature
, is getting stuff that you can throw with X. for instants, the Famous Bobble Shield, Shield Drainer, Shield regenerator, Flare, portable shield, and much more.

Theres also more grenades, human grenade, plasma grenade, brute spike grenade, and another one I haven't got to use yet.

NEW WEAPONS.
yes there are many new weapons, and vehicles, you can rip out turrets from its sockets, and carry them around. you have the brute Pistols. new shotgun, missile pod, and some hammer mabob. New vehicles, like the brute chopper, Hornets, mongoose's and MUCH MUCH more.

Theater.
the precious Theater. love the theater. if you just did something so incredible, but forgot your camera, and wanted to show your bro, OR wanted to put it on the internet. The Theater saves the Film for you. you dont have to record at all, it records automatically, then you can go to your theater libary to watch it, save films, and Take screenshots later. you can also do a "Free Camera" in the Theater, where you can fly where ever you want (not out of map), to watch your battles.

All and all, this game is amazing. and if you guys hate it, JUST because its overrated. chill. the people who overate it are stupid. it doesn't deserve to be overrated. but its a very very great game.

Graphics: 9.1/10
Features: 9.3/10
Gameplay: 9.1/10
Online: 9.9/10
Story: 8.9/10

Overall: 9.8
Koop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:38 am   Reply with quote

Altair wrote:
Then I played Forge mode.[/b] With Maiq (bwgmon) and Sharp (HereWeGo). We were technically just messing around, if you press UP on the D-Pad, you will turn into a monitor, and you can fly around (sprint by holding LT) and add stuff, Vehicles, Objects, Weapons and such. You can make your own map basically. BUT the monitor isn't invincible, anyone can brake it (MAAAIQ). it depends how GOOD there skill is (maiq, I was idle when you sniped me.

The Gravity Hammer part was brilliant, though.

To let the people here know, M'aiq and altair were staring at eachother in monitor mode, then M'aiq turned back into his Elite, whacked Altair with the hammer(killed him), and turned back into the monitor.
Tamriellic Titles    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:31 am   Reply with quote

Nice write up Altair. I dare say they may have perfected the online FPS console experience. The video/screenshot ability is amazing, and will become the next must-have feature for future games. Having to play a FPS with a gamepad would knock the score down at least a point for me though.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Altair wrote:
Then I played Forge mode.[/b] With Maiq (bwgmon) and Sharp (HereWeGo). We were technically just messing around, if you press UP on the D-Pad, you will turn into a monitor, and you can fly around (sprint by holding LT) and add stuff, Vehicles, Objects, Weapons and such. You can make your own map basically. BUT the monitor isn't invincible, anyone can brake it (MAAAIQ). it depends how GOOD there skill is (maiq, I was idle when you sniped me.

The Gravity Hammer part was brilliant, though.

To let the people here know, M'aiq and altair were staring at eachother in monitor mode, then M'aiq turned back into his Elite, whacked Altair with the hammer(killed him), and turned back into the monitor.

i remember that lol
Koop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:13 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Nice write up Altair. I dare say they may have perfected the online FPS console experience. The video/screenshot ability is amazing, and will become the next must-have feature for future games. Having to play a FPS with a gamepad would knock the score down at least a point for me though.

To each their own. M'aiq honestly can't stand using Mouse+Keyboard for shooters.
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:45 am   Reply with quote

I think this is just one of those games you like or don't like. I played a lot of the multiplayer, but I just can't get into it. The forge and the theatre would probably be worth it along with online campaign, but once again the 360 doesn't have much outside of the realm FPSs and I'm not buying a console for one game.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:54 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
I think this is just one of those games you like or don't like. I played a lot of the multiplayer, but I just can't get into it. The forge and the theatre would probably be worth it along with online campaign, but once again the 360 doesn't have much outside of the realm FPSs and I'm not buying a console for one game.

then buy more games!

Gears of War
Viva Pinata: Party Animals
Eternal Sonata
Blue Dragon
Halo 2 (backward compatible)

and a whole lot more.
Koop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:02 am   Reply with quote

Altair wrote:

M'aiq already knows that Popple will make a remark about this.

They released a Demo, Viva Pinata: Party Animals is a fun game. Definatly rent-worthy if you don't like "kiddy" games. Probably worth a buy if you have a younger sibling, or you just like games like Mario Party.
Tamriellic Titles    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:15 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Altair wrote:

M'aiq already knows that Popple will make a remark about this.

They released a Demo, Viva Pinata: Party Animals is a fun game. Definatly rent-worthy if you don't like "kiddy" games. Probably worth a buy if you have a younger sibling, or you just like games like Mario Party.

he shouldnt, cuz PS3's got LittleBigPlanet. and thats technically like the viva pinata "killer"
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:31 pm   Reply with quote

It's not Viva Pianta I have a problem with, it's a great game. The fact that Microsoft is treating Party Animals like an A+ title is what bothers me.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:23 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
It's not Viva Pianta I have a problem with, it's a great game. The fact that Microsoft is treating Party Animals like an A+ title is what bothers me.

no they dont.
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:30 pm   Reply with quote

They rolled it out at E3 for the first trailer and kept talking about it the whole time.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:31 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
They rolled it out at E3 for the first trailer and kept talking about it the whole time.

its nothing to halo
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote

No, but they were still pushing it way too hard. I mean it's a party game.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
No, but they were still pushing it way too hard. I mean it's a party game.

they werent pushing it hard.. it doesnt matter anyway
Koop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews