digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Which is better, pokemon or digimon?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

Which of these games is better (pokemon)?
Pokemon
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Digimon
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 pm   Reply with quote

Pokemon, made: 1995

Digimon, made: 1997

What was the original? What is better? What is NOT in any way a copy of any other game?

Pokemon.

What has the biggest fan base? What has the best games? What has the MOST games? What has the FUNNEST games? Pokemon.

What TV series DIDN'T suck? Pokemon (at least, the first few... then it kinda went down the drain. I haven't seen the newest ones though, so don't blame me if the new digimans/pogeymans are somehow better)

My vote goes to the GOOD idea, Pokemon.

want more fun?
Tamagotchi, made: 1996

Digimon started out as a digital pet, so it is ALSO a blatant ripoff of tamagotchi.
rawrshop    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:13 pm   Reply with quote

You were right until you got to the best TV show part.

Pokemon DOES have better games. Pokemon DOES have a larger fanbase. Pokemon I think is only 1 or 2 ahead in number of games. Pokemon games are funnier.

But I have NEVER seen a SINGLE episode of Pokemon that compared to Digimon(And yes, I HAVE watched Pokemon.)
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:14 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:

What was the original? What is better? What is NOT in any way a copy of any other game?

Pacman?

augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:15 pm   Reply with quote

Damn, I can't choose.

ADD A TIE OPTION!
Piccolo's Goods    
RAPEFACE BUTLER MODE
Kii

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:16 pm   Reply with quote

Digimon had a much better TV show.

Pokemon has better games.

Both series have cool looking monsters.

I chose Pokemon in the end because of the games, as that's what has kept me in it for so long. Also, better human characters. The Digimon ones were good, but some of the Pokemon humans are... awesome, IMO.
Out of the Way Convenience Shop    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Ruki Motomiya wrote:

Pokemon DOES have better games. Pokemon DOES have a larger fanbase. Pokemon I think is only 1 or 2 ahead in number of games. Pokemon games are funnier.

But I have NEVER seen a SINGLE episode of Pokemon that compared to Digimon(And yes, I HAVE watched Pokemon.)

Okay, keep in mind, I've seen both digimon and pokemon, and I watched quite a few episodes from many different seasons of both. The last one I saw the kids were combining with the digimon and it freaked me out so I stopped watching.

Pokemon is so much better, because you have one hero, not a bunch of changing ones.

The girl in your avatar, I think her name was... Kari... she was the only one I really even cared about in the show. Everyone else SUCKED.

The only digimon I cared for was... Renamon... I think it's name was. And I still haven't figured out if it is male or female.

I played rumble arena, and I swear, that was the only good digimon game. ONLY. Digimon world just had me hating the game and myself for playing it, so then I remembered Pokemon, no matter how blande and generic the games are getting (THEY ARE ALL THE SAME)... are SO much better.
rawrshop    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:18 pm   Reply with quote

Also, Digimon can from the Tamagatchi Toy of 1996 orginally.

The Digimon Anime started in 1999.

They are not very Similar. Pokemon are much more akin to Animals while Digimon is more akin to Mythology and Myths added with Technology.

In additition, Pokemon are captured while Digimon are simply "Partnered".
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 pm   Reply with quote

The cool thing about Digimon is that time passes; people get older. They don't live in a stand still. Things change. That is EPIC.

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
Also, Digimon can from the Tamagatchi Toy of 1996 orginally.

The Digimon Anime started in 1999.

They are not very Similar. Pokemon are much more akin to Animals while Digimon is more akin to Mythology and Myths added with Technology.

In additition, Pokemon are captured while Digimon are simply "Partnered".

The whole stuck in a computer world thing, kinda liked it... then I got really bored of the idea.

Then dot hack sign came along and I tried to figure out wtf was going on. Mostly because it was long after midnight, I was half asleep, and I was like 11 when I was seeing episodes of it.

Basically, Digimon is not as good as it can be because it's just too similar to other things.

And this other show, Monster Rancher, is just freaking horrible. I don't even know if they air that piece of crap anymore.
rawrshop    
*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:23 pm   Reply with quote

Digimon was a much better show (I stopped watching it at about the same time as Kitsune did) and it did have quite a few good games, in my opinion.

But overall, pokemans is way bettar.

Last edited by Vbzobs on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
vBay    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
Ruki Motomiya wrote:

Okay, keep in mind, I've seen both digimon and pokemon, and I watched quite a few episodes from many different seasons of both. The last one I saw the kids were combining with the digimon and it freaked me out so I stopped watching.

Pokemon is so much better, because you have one hero, not a bunch of changing ones.

The girl in your avatar, I think her name was... Kari... she was the only one I really even cared about in the show. Everyone else SUCKED.

The only digimon I cared for was... Renamon... I think it's name was. And I still haven't figured out if it is male or female.

I played rumble arena, and I swear, that was the only good digimon game. ONLY. Digimon world just had me hating the game and myself for playing it, so then I remembered Pokemon, no matter how blande and generic the games are getting (THEY ARE ALL THE SAME)... are SO much better.

Renamon was female.

Also, 01 and 02 keep some of the main heroes. So you can't say they never kept any the same.

I agree, Pokemon GAMES > Digimon Games. No arguement from me.

Only in 01 were they stuck. In 02 they were often there, but not stuck. 03 Took place mostly in the human world. 04 was stuck, but also widely considered the worst. I haven't seen 05 all but 1 or 2 episodes.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

MintCream wrote:
The cool thing about Digimon is that time passes; people get older. They don't live in a stand still. Things change. That is EPIC.

LET'S WATCH A SHOW ABOUT HAIRY OLD GUYS PLAYING WITH THEIR DIGIMANS JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA.

No, let's not. I don't care if people age in anime or games... I don't see why anyone else should either. The characters don't grow physically, but every single one grows mentally and emotionally, and that's all that matters.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
Digimans does NOT have as many awesome fads and meme's as pogeymans does. Ask bill cosby.

He heard u liek mudkips.
rawrshop    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
MintCream wrote:

LET'S WATCH A SHOW ABOUT HAIRY OLD GUYS PLAYING WITH THEIR DIGIMANS JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA.

Oh NO, let's INSTEAD watch Ash learn a lesson he learned about 5 episodes earlier!
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:28 pm   Reply with quote

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
Kitsune0012 wrote:
MintCream wrote:

Oh NO, let's INSTEAD watch Ash learn a lesson he learned about 5 episodes earlier!

You have to learn how to watch pokeymans.

Ignore what people say, and watch the explosions and crap.

That's how I watch Naruto when I watch it, too...
rawrshop    
*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:28 pm   Reply with quote

Oh snaps, this is getting heated...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record, I liked the Monster Rancher card battle video game.

Oh, and the first Digimon movie was totally awesome... I'm just sayin'
vBay    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming