digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Reasons to Hate Sony
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:11 pm   Reply with quote

Nintendo products are very hard to break. M'aiq heard of someone who lost their gameboy in the fall in their yard, and found it in spring. It still worked.
Tamriellic Titles    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote

I dropped by DS HARD 20+ times and it only has a few scratches and works perfectly fine.
Piccolo's Goods    
That One Guy
Brobot L-Type
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:50 pm   Reply with quote

I had my DS literally bounce down about five stairs and land right onto a hard, stone floor. It worked perfectly fine. If not for some small scratches on the paint, you'd never even know it happened.

augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:51 pm   Reply with quote

Another mark up for Nintendo!
Piccolo's Goods    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:54 pm   Reply with quote

Another fun fact: All those cases out there of people throwing their Wii controllers into walls, fans, TVs, windows, and such. None of the controllers are reported broken.
Tamriellic Titles    
Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

I don't HATE sony, but they have made some pretty stupid choices lately.

My PS2 works perfectly, I can't believe so many people have problems with theirs.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

Some new games used on some old PS2's don't work.
Piccolo's Goods    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

Right now, there are a few things to keep in mind about the current consoles.

1. The 360 is the only console without motion sensing controllers. This means that any games that are made to use motion sensing will have trouble being ported over to it.

2. The 360 was released early. Sega had made that mistake and look at them now.

3. Sony has been having some moments that has made them seem like an evil corporation.

4. I once heard that at a trade show or something, while Nintendo and Microsoft were trying to showhow fun the games for their consoles were, Sony was merely describing the specs of the PS3 and how good it was.

5. http://www.google.com/trends?q=wii%2C+360%2C+ps3

6. http://nexgenwars.com/
Shop #42    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:35 pm   Reply with quote

This is EXACTLY what I mean! Sony doesn't care about games or consumer happiness: they just want the cash (I know the whole "Who Doesn't factor kicks in, but at least Nintendo and Microsoft are trying). I plain hate Sony for creating anything after the PS2. The PS2 was perfect. Now they just screwed it up.

Of course, the Wii takes the square for top console now.

As for my argument about series, it's notable that Halo (2) and Super Smash Bros Melee can outsell practically every game on the PS2 not created by Square-Enix. Yes, I'm using 2nd-Party examples (no, Square is 3rd Party), so let's add to this. Microsoft...I am a pure Nintendo addict, so I wouldn't know anything past Halo. However, let's take in the success of Metroid Prime and Prime 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, the brand new Pikmin series, Thousand-Year Door... need I go on? I can basically believe that Nintendo's purple lunchbox has gotten to the bottom of the last-gen ranks due to limited 3rd Party support.

I could use the Geno fanboys of Gamefaqs now...

Mr I has spoken!
Temple of I    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:45 am   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

2. The 360 was released early. Sega had made that mistake and look at them now.

PS2 launched much earlier than the Xbox and Gamecube did.
Tamriellic Titles    
Sting Chameleon

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPtOiZBTXcE&NR=1 And this is based on actual events.

I don't see why this made you hate Sony... I mean yeah, they shouldn't have done what they did, but hey, I still like their products. I've been buying Sony products since the PS1, and I have all of their major videogame products (PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP).
MaloMart Castle Branch    
Legendary Machine
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:22 am   Reply with quote

When I was younger and the gamecube had just came out, I figured that the gamecube was pretty hard. I knocked on it once or twice while playing Melee and thought to my self "Wow, that's some hard plastic!"

So I threw it down the stairs.

It still works perfectly fine to this day.

And then there's my N64 which I literally ate milk and cereal out of before. That still works, as well.

My DS fell out of the car while pulling out of the driveway... The shoulder buttons are a but scratchy, but it works perfectly well.

I bought a used PS2 that came with the disc read error so I sent it to the moon with a baseball bat and got another, it works all right as long as I don't breathe too hard.

I've lit an Xbox on fire via the fourth controller socket. That thing worked after it had been on fire for a while, but eventually it was completely burned to nothing.

And....that's about as far back as I can remember for system abuse. Oh yeah, there was also my NES. I used to chew on the controller wires, but after buying a new controller or two the NES still works fine to this day.

Sting Chameleon

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:29 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, Sony's products ARE too delicate.

The PSP collects fingerprints, dust, hair, and crumbs like no tomorrow, and same with the PS3. I blame the glossy finish. I can understand about the PS3, it's all high-technicaaaaaaaaaaaaal and what not, but the PSP should have a different surface.

Not to mention if you ever drop the PSP or PS3 it'll pretty much go to hell. The PS3 is like ten pounds, never wanna drop that. Ever.

I've dropped my PS2 and PS1 on multiple occasions though, the PS2 works fine. (but the ps1 doesnt, its like 10 years old).
MaloMart Castle Branch    

Empy

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 am   Reply with quote

Legendary Machine wrote:
And....that's about as far back as I can remember for system abuse. Oh yeah, there was also my NES. I used to chew on the controller wires, but after buying a new controller or two the NES still works fine to this day.

You're the only person to ever have to replace an NES controller.
Empyreal Heaven    
Legendary Machine
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 0 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 am   Reply with quote

still hope you die :')

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming