digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Reasons to Hate Sony
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 am   Reply with quote

I don't understand why you hate a company. I mean if they wronged you I would understand, but Sony is just making a product they think will appeal to a mass market so they can try to get some income. Hating a company for that is just ridiculous. Microsoft works almost exactly like Sony, but their console is popular so no one hates them. Everyone as just become extremely fanboist these days.
Popple's Secret Hideout    

Empy

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:43 am   Reply with quote

It's their attitude about it that bothers me.

I believe one of the higher ups said "If they really want a good console that costs $600, they will work harder and save money so they can buy it".
Empyreal Heaven    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:47 am   Reply with quote

Anyone who follows Sony would know that they have been listening to their customers. Like the recent patch for intance.

PS3 users can now download files from thier PC to thier PS3 at any time. And what's more, with the PSP you can use remote play to access your PS3 at home from anywhere with an internet connection and in turn access any video, picture, or other media files on your computer through your PSP. These are all things customers wanted and I have to say it's amazing stuff like this that almost justifies the price tag. Good thing it's going to be lowered.

Also that remote play is almost too amazing...I suspect witch craft.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Sting Chameleon

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:55 am   Reply with quote

I don't think remote play is that good. I don't have any videos downloaded on my PS3, and all the music on it I already have on my PSP.

I wish they would add more support for games. THEN it would be awesome.
MaloMart Castle Branch    
MintCream
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am   Reply with quote

MAiq the Liar wrote:
Nintendo products are very hard to break. M'aiq heard of someone who lost their gameboy in the fall in their yard, and found it in spring. It still worked.

At the Nintendo World store in NY, NY, they have this GB that someone had brought with them to the Gulf War. It got bombed & is all... melted. It still works, though! o:

Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:21 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
I don't understand why you hate a company. I mean if they wronged you I would understand, but Sony is just making a product they think will appeal to a mass market so they can try to get some income. Hating a company for that is just ridiculous. Microsoft works almost exactly like Sony, but their console is popular so no one hates them. Everyone as just become extremely fanboist these days.
It isn't the product that I hate, it's the company's attitude.

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20060522
Shop #42    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:33 am   Reply with quote

I had a limited edition Crystal X-Box, and the damn thing broke within 3 MONTHS! So, we sent it back to Microsoft to get another one, and I got back a normal X-Box. I felt extremely cheated, then I realized that Fable and Halo 2 were the only good games, and I stopped caring. I later sold that X-Box for Wii money.

I have owned 4 PlayStation 2s (including the one I now use) over the course of my life, the fan screwed up on the first, the second just flat out stopped working, the third went the way of the second, and the fourth is a SlimLine PS2, and is still working great.

I had a Gamecube as well (proven by scientist Morgan Van Vebb as the most durable of the three, surviving a 20ft drop, getting whacked by a hammer, and having a 10lb weight dropped on it from 6ft) was the only console I didn't have to replace, it worked from 2001-2006, when I sold it and all but 2 games and my memory card for Wii money.

I've had 2 Wiis since I got mine on Christmas 2006, the first stopped working, and I had to wait about a month for a new one. The second one is still going strong.

My DS Lite hasn't been victim to much physical punishment, so I'm not sure there.
Console Merchandise    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

That's a comic...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:29 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Magikoopa #42 wrote:

That's a comic...
But it is based off of something that David Reeves actually said. He has actually said that...
David Reeves wrote:
the first five million [gamers] are going to buy it, whatever it is, even [if] it didn't have games.
Shop #42    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:31 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Magikoopa #42 wrote:

That's a comic...

lol...

M'aiq found the Cubetoons take on it funny.(Even though he knows it's exaggerated)

http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=1
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote

But they didn't steal anything...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:06 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:

Well, M'aiq was more referring to the Sony ninjas. "INVINCIBLE!"
Tamriellic Titles    
Hammer Bro
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

stupid sony and their PS3!!

They are keeping the possible KH3,the new ratchet & Clank and the Final fantasy XIII away from me

Why god?WHYYYYYYYYY????

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:22 pm   Reply with quote

Hammer Bro wrote:
stupid sony and their PS3!!

They are keeping the possible KH3,the new ratchet & Clank and the Final fantasy XIII away from me

Why god?WHYYYYYYYYY????

Bolded is coming to the 360. Italics isn't confirmed to be PS3 only, yet.
Tamriellic Titles    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
But they did copy Nintendo's idea to have a motion-sensing controller and later claim that Microsoft was copying them.

And to think that the reason Sony got into the game console business can be traced back to Nintendo. Nintendo had went to Sony for help with CD-reading technology, but they betrayed Sony and went with Phillips instead. Sony and Nintendo could have worked together.

Also, there was a time when Microsoft and Nintendo could have joined up, but that's a tale for another time.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming