digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

How I've grown to resent Sony

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 pm   Reply with quote

A thread was made about Sony, and I have decided to post down my own views of why I now dislike Sony.

Since I'm being serious here, I'm not going to do the whole third-person thing.

First off, let me begin by saying that this hate for Sony came to be from more...recent events.

I owned the original Playstation, had about 35 games for it, and loved it very much. I even had the PS2, which wasn't favored as much, as many of the games I could have gotten for it were Multiconsole, and I find the 2nd Xbox controller much more pleasing than the PS2 one. There were only about 10 games that I had on the PS2, about 8 of which I really enjoyed.

This hatred really began after the PSP launched. People were flambouyantly saying that it had better graphics and was therefore better than the DS. Of course, I tried both the DS and PSP multiple times, and naturally I found that the PSP was just a $200 block of worthlessness. I found the games to be very difficult to play, I got cramps in my hands from 10 minutes of gametime, and I failed to see how the graphics were 'superb'. The only thing people seemed to do with it was hack it and download things like Emulators and adult content to it.

Christmas rolled around about a year later, and I got an Xbox 360, with King Kong, Kameo, and Perfect Dark Zero. Within minutes of plugging it in, I felt as though the system was something I understood. It was very easy to use, very user-friendly. I was almost instantly entranced by it. Of course, you had the Sony lunatics parading about how the PS3 would cost less than $400 and laughing at the launch problems the 360 had. Did I care? Not at the time.

Then E3 rolls around. New news on the Wii and PS3. I had high hopes for both, hoping that I would indeed get them all to enjoy. Wii releases over 9000 kinds of awesome from day 1, Xbox 360 announces a whole boatload of incredible looking games coming out, and the PS3 begins rambling on about 4D and Giant Crabs. They made a mockery of themselves, and it severely disappointed me. Even after pulling out the most rediculous controller design(a BOOMERANG?) I still had hope for them. And then they dropped the bombshell: PS3 sells at $599. Now I thought to myself here: "Is it worth it? I mean, the only games I've seen that I want are coming out on the 360 or the Wii."

The Sony drops another hard ball. They send out these little 'buyers guides' to store retailers, telling them how the PS3 is the better deal.(They made it sound like the 360 costs $650 to make it function, and say the Wii is basically a novelty item) What happens? Nintendo and Microsoft threaten Sony with lawsuits. Now, if this isn't bad enough, Christmas is around the corner, and the place called "alliwantforxmasisapsp", a propaganda site made by Sony, trying to convince parents to buy PSP's for their kids for X-mas. After this, I had lost all hope in Sony.

Other things, that because I forgot the time that they happened, have furthered my 'hatred':

They stole the Xbox360 Achievement system.(Entitlements?)
    They stole a part of the 360 controller.(Guide button)
    They replaced the Boomerang idea with...the original hand-cramping controller.(I preferred the Boomerang to the block)
    Called their tilting controller 'original.' I remember seeing a PS1(?) game that used a similar controller, as well as the old 'WaveBird' controller Microsoft made.
    50% ripped off Wii ideas. See above bullet, and include the player indicator on the controllers.

The only reason I will ever have for getting a PS3 would be if they turn everything around, and get about 10 must-have games. I don't give a crap about MGS4, and it sure as hell isn't worth $599.

Sorry if any of you are Sony fans, and I know that some of you will never view me the same as you did before this thread, but I felt as though I should tell you all. I have my reasons for hating Sony, just as some people have their reasons for hating Microsoft and Nintendo.

After these events, I have become a Wii60 supporter.

Good day, all.
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote

Actually the Xbox does cost more than a PS3 to get it anywhere near it's capabilities...

Also quit saying people are stealing from the Wii. Case in point. If the Wii sells, then people will copy it. The Wii is selling, people copied it. That's just good business.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

I agree with you by A LOT! I am also a Wii60 supporter.
Piccolo's Goods    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:00 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Actually the Xbox does cost more than a PS3 to get it anywhere near it's capabilities...

Well, if you want that stuff. You are not forced to buy all the extra gimmicks.

I got a 360 to play GAMES. Not watch movies that look a bit sharper.
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm   Reply with quote

MAiq the Liar wrote:
Popple wrote:

Ya but see if I get a 360 I need to hook it up with wifi and stuff so in reality it is near the PS3 in price, at least for me, so I have a hard time deciding which to buy. This years E3 truly will be the final nail in the coffin for which I will buy depending on which games are announced.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
MAiq the Liar wrote:
Popple wrote:

Ya but see if I get a 360 I need to hook it up with wifi and stuff so in reality it is near the PS3 in price, at least for me, so I have a hard time deciding which to buy. This years E3 truly will be the final nail in the coffin for which I will buy depending on which games are announced.

My 360 is hooked up to a router. The only lag problems I really get are when the servers have problems.

I'm also waiting for E3, partially so I can hear more on Mass Effect and Blue Dragon. Very Happy
Tamriellic Titles    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
MAiq the Liar wrote:
Popple wrote:

50 coins says that Sony won't announce a single must-have game at this year's E3.
Shop #42    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

Welcome to the bright side. I think Sony is lame for the same reasons. I'm also a proud Wii60 supporter
A Bucket of Stuff    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:48 pm   Reply with quote

I think all the consoles are fine, myself. But if I had to order.

1. Wii
2. PS3
3. Xbox 360
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:47 pm   Reply with quote

I hate Sony, short and simple. No life. No excitement. Just features. Useless features. And Graphics. But if the games aren't better than one of the slightly over-average 360 games, what's the point?

360. Never really liked Microsoft. However, after playing it a bit, I have to admit its almost unlimited fun with good games and demos.

Wii. Virtual Console. Game series that I loved since I was two. Anticipation of SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and many others. Perfect. Just perfect.
Temple of I    
Player 2
Gear

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 pm   Reply with quote

I have a wii, its fun. I think i might like the 360 a bit more though
Koopa Kruiser Supply Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming