digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Crazy Bout News (June 15th)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:47 pm   Reply with quote

Crazy Bout News issue 3

Hey there! It's Friday, so put your party hats on! We're having a three review special today!
----------------------------------------------------------
Today's news

After a long rampage the night before last, Lord "Triple T" Ratttler, and Rookie, were banned from Digibutter. Ratttler, banned from making random degrading comments about the newcomers and uttering death threats to other members, and Rookie for saying the phrase "BE MORE ORIGINAL, PLZ" In EVERY post he made. How ironic.
CBLuigi reviews Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Well, let's get started, shall we?

Story: 0/10. There is none as far as I know.

Gameplay: 7/10. You tilt the Wiimote which will tilt the stage, making the marble move accordingly. Your goal is to grab all the Orange Crystals on the stage and then go to the goal. The faster you do it, the better the rewards. The rewards are more marbles and music. You can get even better rewards be grabbing the Green Crystal of the stage.

Music: 7/10. A lot of the music is happy, sweet, rainbows, you get the idea. Some of them are really good though, like the theme of the first 10 levels, Heveanly Park.

Sound: 8/10. The sounds are very realistic. And there are some marbles that only serve as sound makers. Like Cat, Dog and Penguin.

Fun: 8/10. Although very addicting, it can be quite frustrating to those without much patience.

Replayability: 9/10 After you beat every level, you can come back and try to get a better time on it. And don't forget those Green Crystals!

Overall: 8/10. Even though it isn't Super Monkey Ball or the like, it's still a great game. Try renting it if you get the chance.
FUNNIES
The Random Zone - [b]

[b]pure-???'s Comics

Holy crap, CBLuigi's making a fanfic?! IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIVES! THE WORLD IS FALLING, THE WORLD IS FALLING...

"Wait, I'm in a video game?! Not that crappy storyline AGAIN! It's so... Cliche! I have to stop this! AUTHOR! AUTHOR!" Brian calls out for the author, but to no avail. "AAAAUUUUTHOR! Oh wait... Crap. That stuff only happens in comics. >_<"
Magikoopa's Scoop of the Day: Stolen Prize - Part 3

Our poor victim of bucket theft still hasn't given up hope while searching for his bucket. His cellular hasn't managed to fill the void left by his missing bucket. He has tried many different replacements, but none of them have filled that void.

Many concerned cats have offered to give their own buckets to Lolrus, but he has simply replied "I do not want teh kittah's bucket. I want mah bucket. Mah bucket iz teh only bucket for meh!" Noble words from a noble creature of the sea indeed. If only someone could save him from his bucketless state like he had saved a kitten from a viscous cat-eating bucket.
Dark Prognosticus is here with Horoscopes!

Fuzzyes - Give a kiss to a loved one.
Goombaus - Don’t turn around this week.
Toadi - Work together and you can accomplish anything (Except guard a princess).
Yoshier - You will encounter good luck if go into a cookie factory.
Shyguyo - Stay home this month….
Boogo - Don’t be afraid to face people.
Chompa - Your bite IS much worse than your bark.
Blooperio - Bad luck will occur on solid land! Beware!
Lakitus - Keep your head above the clouds.
Koop acorn - Avoid loose-fitting shells.
Bob-ombus - Don’t lose your temper.
Piranhaplantes - ………Brush your teeth.
Ruki's Retro Review: Star Fox 64

Ah yes, Star Fox 64. The game that many consider the best of the Star Fox series, if not one of the best on the N64.

FIRST OFF: THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Graphics: Nowadays, The graphics are outdated. However, for their time they were REMARKABLE. And even now, they are not all that bad. The game makes sure there are differences between the worlds and plenty of places have nice details, albeit some of them the same. 8.5/10

Playability/Replayablility: This game is VERY playable. There are many different routes for you too take, from very easy to hard. With so many routes, you are sure to come back a few times. Then add in the medals and Expert mode and you'll surely play this game for quite a while. In addition, challenge your friends to beat your high scores! 9.5/10

Fun: Ah yes, Fun. The most important part of any game. I must say Star Fox 64 hits this mail pretty good. This game, with it's number of moves to preform, let's you try many ways to beat your high scores or just goof around. In addition, some of the lines are quite funny. Including the well known "DO A BARREL ROLL!". In addition, there are quite a few satisfying scenes(Like blowing up the train on Macbeth). 9/10

Difficulty: This is one place I think Star Fox 64 needed to work on. Other then on a few select points, I rarely had trouble BEATING the game. Granted, Star Wolf on Venom 2 can be hard and expert mode is quite hard for most...until you unlock expert mode, you won't have TOO hard a time getting to andross and beating him. 7.1/10

Story: Pretty much, it goes like this. A long time ago, the Star Fox team consisted of James McCloud, Peppy Hare and Pigma Dengar. Andross was an insane scientist who was exiled to Venom. The Star Fox team goes to investigate and Pigma betrays Peppy and James. James dies, but Peppy barely makes it out. Years later, the new star fox team(Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare) are dispatched to defeat Andross(Who is now trying to take over the Lylat System). A little cliche, but the ending is...interesting. I won't spoil THAT for you. 6.6/10

SUMMARY:
Graphics: 8.5/10
Playability/Replayability: 9.5/10
Fun: 9/10
Difficulty: 7.1/10
Story: 6.6/10

OVERALL:
9/10. Anyone with a N64 or a Wii should have this game and most, if not all, will enjoy it.
Paper Luigi reviews Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic and the Secret Rings, which came out in march, was a good turn for Sonic. Better than the garbage of the PS3 and 360, anyways.

The gameplay of Sonic and the Secret Rings is basic. Hold the Wii remote sideways. Tilt the Wii remote left and right to steer Sonic, 2 to jump, 1 to break. There is also the awesome ability to slow down and speed up time, to help Sonic dodge objects, and blast through at super speed.

Sonic and the Secret Rings also uses an exp system. Depending on your rank, you gain exp and level up to get new moves and abilities like backflip, longer/higher jumping, and just plain running faster.

The graphics of Sonic and the secret rings are pretty great. I just can't explain it. They detailed every little speck of gameplay, from the pretty sights of rushing water, to running on a dinosaur.

The music in Sonic and the Secret Rings is pretty good. All the music has vocals. The main theme is pretty catchy, but can get kind of annoying when you are playing for a while. The music in the levels is great, but on the tough missions, the music can be distacting, and you have to put it on mute.

The story of Sonic and the Secret Rings is decent. Better than the latest
garbage on PS3 and 360. It starts out that Shara, the ring genie, has come to Sonic, the "Legendary Hedgehog", telling him that the book he has been reading, the book of the Arabian Nights, is being destroyed, by the evil Erazor Djin, and he has to stop this. She puts a ring on his figer, telling him that he is the new master of the ring and she can now grant his wishes, and the two go into the book on a magic carpet.

There are eight worlds, which in each you must collect a Worls Ring in to advance in the story. Each world is unique, and go from a desert, to a dinosaur island, and so on.

There is also a Special Book where you can look at all the movies, ranks, music, and character drawings you unlocked, which is pretty neat.

Along with the single player mode, there is a minigame mode, that's basicly a rip-off of Mario Party. They didn't put much thouht into the games, but some are pretty fun. I was really disapointed that there wasn't a multiplayer racing mode, too.

I rate Sonic and the Secret Rings an 8.0. Great game. Party mode took down some points. If you haven't bought this, look into it! It's really fun!
Staff:
CBLuigi - Manager/Comics/Fiction Writer/Game Reviews/Reporter (Jebus, I do it all!)
Popple - Comics
pure-??? - Comics/Spotlight
Kii - Comics
Gear - Editor
Ruki - Reporter/Fiction Writer
Plastic Mario - Reporter/Fiction Writer
Dark Prognosticus - Horoscopes/Reporter
Magikoopa #42 - Reporter
general_koopatrol - Reporter
Piccolo The Pixl - Reporter
Paper Luigi - Game Reviews
M'Aiq The Liar - Game Reviews
Celebi Kitty - Art
Crystal King - Advertisement

Last edited by Crappy Blue Luigi on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paradeem 8    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:48 pm   Reply with quote

THE TYPO BUNNIES ATE THE TITLE OF MINE! Razz
Heh. It's Fix'd now. Razz
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:51 pm   Reply with quote

In m opinion, the Secret Rings got old FAST. Even faster than Sonic.
The Shop on a Hill    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

my comicz continue to please.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:

TYPO BUNNIES STRIKE AGAIN!
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Luigi wrote:
Francine wrote:

OH NOES.

SOMEONE GET THE TOILET PLUNGERS AND SHOOT DOWN THOSE BUNNIES.
The Shop on a Hill    
Nimexa, The Gentle Breeze
Dark Prognosticus
Burning Werewolf

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
Paper Luigi wrote:
Francine wrote:

OH NOES.

SOMEONE GET THE TOILET PLUNGERS AND SHOOT DOWN THOSE BUNNIES.

NO!
The bunnies will leave! Just don't fight them!
Dark Prognosticus` Deed Shop    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:11 pm   Reply with quote

Hey! Reviews on the run just reviewed Marble Mania! Razz
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote

'Nother good issue, this was!
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Luigi wrote:
Hey! Reviews on the run just reviewed Marble Mania! Razz

XFD
Paradeem 8    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

I missed the deadline again >_>
Piccolo's Goods    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:22 pm   Reply with quote

Shoot. Apparently he didn't get chapter 3 of my FF. >_<
Fiberglass World    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

Good one.
NON BANNER    
Super Pivot
General Koopatrol

HP: 70 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:58 pm   Reply with quote

Crapness! I missed 3 deadlines!
GK-Mart    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm   Reply with quote

general_koopatrol wrote:
Crapness! I missed 3 deadlines!

It's okay, your interview is in issue 4.
Speaking of issues, I've decided to start archiving them. That, and from now on I'll make sure to save any progress with the paper as I put it together.

You hear that automatic updates?! You can't stop me now! HAHAHAHA!
Paradeem 8    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations