digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Item Submission Contest Results!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments

What are your favorite items? Please post what you think!
Block Block
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Boomerang
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Combo Lightning
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Jar of Dirt
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Camera
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Boo
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Metal Cap
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Member Suits
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Wooden Shield
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Coin Armor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wearwolf/Vampire/Zombie
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Bow & Arrows
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Mega & Mini Mushrooms
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

And the grand prize of 50 coins and 3 items goes to...
Rocky Wrench and Popple
for the Werewolf/Vampire/Zombie items. Clearly the crowd favorite.

Runner up prizes of 20 coins and 1 item goes to...
EVERYONE ELSE
Yep, all the items listed here will be created... eventually. Good job everyone!

NOTE: I have tweaked some of the entries in order to get the best item out of the suggestion. I have included the original item idea next to the user who submitted it.

Finalists:

Defense & Attack Items

Block Block - Reflects the next item used on you. Wears off after a day.
From: Plastic Mario - Block Block - Deflects all harmful item effects back at the user for __ hours.

Boomerang - Inflicts damage, and has 50% chance of returning to you, 25% chance of losing it, and 25% chance of it hitting yourself.
From: Luvbi - Boomerang - Attacks a targets for 10 damage twice. This means that it'd do 10 damage if they were using the magic armor. 15% chance of you being unable to catch it and it hitting you for 5 damage.

Combo Hit (Lightning) - Used on a post, it hurts posters above you.
From: MAiq the Liar - Thunder Rage - Use it on a post, and it does 10 damage to the previous 3 posters.(Super effective on double/triple posts)

Forum Items

Jar of Dirt/Present - Hide an item inside it. If you use the Jar, you use what is inside it. Lens of Truth can see the contents.
From: Magikoopa #42 - Jar of Dirt - You can store one item inside of it. While the item is stored inside of it, no one else can see the item unless they use a lens of truth on the owner of the jar of dirt.

Camera - Use on a post to capture it into your gallery.
From: Larry Koopa - Camera - Take a picture of. and you can have your own gallery in your "Profile section" so say you want some evidence? if you take a picture of a rare thing with this, and post it. you can earn coins! Each photo you take, takes 1 mp

Boo - Like the Mario Kart item, Boo will swap an item with the victim and make you invisible.
From: (I decided to combine the submissions from multiple people into one item)
End Boss - Boo - Allows you to steal up to 20 coins from another member (sometimes fails though)
Not Epona - Boo - Steals a random item from any user. (random user?)
Ruki Motomiya - Invisible Healing Mushroom - Same effect as a Healing Shroom, but unless someone uses a Lens of Truth on you they can't see you have it. If you buy these after that user has used a Lens of Truth on you, they'll have to use it again. 1 Person using a Lens of Truth on you does not reveal it to everyone.
Luvbi - Boo - Attatch it to a post, and it'll make your user stats invisible. People won't know who posted the post. Uses 10 MP

Wearable Items
I want to have "slots" for you avatar. One for neck, head, body. You can wear in item in each locaiton.

Metal Cap - Damage is halved, but you are slowed down. (you can only post once a minute)
From: Grodus - Metal Cap- Gives you the rank of "metal", makes your default font colour gray, and halves all damage for 1 day.

Member Suits - When you buy this suit, you pick what member you want to become. When used, your name and avatar become that user until you take it off.
From: Magikoopa #42 - Bowser Suit, A Bowser costume - Change avatar to a special fake Bowser, change username to Bowser (or some variant thereof)

Wooden Shield - reduce damage by a quarter, but fire will destroy it.
From: vbzobs - Wooden Shield - Reduces damage by half until hit with a fireball, then it burns to ashes

Coin Armor - When equipped, coins are decreased instead of HP
From: Magikoopa #42 - Magic Armor - When having this item activated, any attempts to lower your HP will instead lower your coins by the amount of HP that you would normally have lost. If your coins are brought down to a negative number by this effect, it will automatically give you coins until you are back up to 0, and it will deal 2 damage to you for each coin it gives you this way. So it would basically let you use your coins to keep from being damaged by attacks, but if you run out of coins, it'll cause you to take double damage from attacks. Remember that it will have to be possible to activate and deactivate this item.

Status Items
Various items can put you in a certain status, like burning, frozen, poisoned...
Here are some items that would do that:

Werewolf Pendant - At night your avatar becomes a werewolf, your attack & defense doubles.
From: Rocky Wrench - Lycanthropy - 24 Hours after getting this, you will become an almighty werewolf! ...

Vampire Potion - At night you become a vampire, by day you take damage. You can bite people to steal their HP, and turn them into a vampire.
From: Rocky Wrench - Skull Stone - You will be able to feed on a target, giving you 10 HP, and making them loose 9. ...

Zombie Pendant - If you die while wearing this, you will become a zombie, and can use items while dead.
From: Popple - Zombie Tonic - Become a zombie and eat someones flesh for no reason to restore your own health while taking away from theirs. Works as an attack item. (Maybe it infects them and turns them into a zombie too?)

Bow - Bow lets you use Arrows, which have various effects.
Arrows - Lowers HP. The victim gets to keep and reuse the arrow though.
Fire-Arrow - Sets people on fire, they are burnt when the post.
Ice-Arrow - Freezes people, they cant use items until they thaw.
Light Prognosticus - Suicidal bomb - Cuts your HP in half, but burns 1 user, making them lose 5 HP for each post. It goes away if you post 15 times or if you wait 2 days.
Yellow Magikoopa
Bow - allows you to use arrows
Fire Arrow - If you use this item, the opponent will lose a semi-small amount of damage, plus will be burned. burned people will be damaged when they post for a set number of posts.
Ice Arrow - If you use this item, the opponent will lose a semi-small amount of damage, plus will be frozen. Frozen people cannot do anything for a set number of posts.

Mega Mushroom makes your avatar and username text larger. When injured, you will not take damage, but will only go back down to normal.
Mini Mushroom makes your avatar and username text smaller. You are more likely to get hurt when tiny, so 50% chance of damage being doubled.
Magikoopa #42
Mega Mushroom - Makes the target's name go up one font size. - Mini Mushroom - Makes the target's name go down one font size.

Honorable Mention:

Baseball Bat - when used on someone, it "breaks" them for an hour. Their avatar breaks. Username loses a few letters. Signature says "BARF!". And they lose a coin to the attacker.
From: Empy - Broken Image - Turns another person's Avatar into a broken image for a certain period of time. (Maybe 6 hours or so?)

Digibutter Pokeball
This is an idea I have had for a while, but will take a while for me to add. You will use pokeballs to collect other members, and use them in a special Battle Forum.
These items kinda fit my idea:
CBLuigi - Pokeball - Gives you a 50/50 chance at capturing another user. Once captured, that user must do the bidding of the user that threw the ball.
MAiq the Liar - Soultrap Scroll - This scroll allows the user to cast "Soul Trap" on someone which uses their stats to decide how much you benefit.
I thinks someone else mentioned Digibutter trading cards too somewhere.

Last edited by Francis on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote

The Jar of Dirt gets my vote, not because of the video, but the idea seems very cool. A random effect item would be awesome.
Piccolo's Goods    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Light Prognosticus - Suicidal bomb - Cuts your HP in half, but burns 1 user, making them lose 5 HP for each post. Use a Miracle Shroom to heal it. It goes away if you post 15 times or if you wait 2 days.

Take out the Miracle Shroom part, since that one wasn't a finalist. And I vote for Boo!
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

Well, nice to see that M'aiqs Soul Trapping idea was noticed and mentioned. As much as M'aiq wanted to vote for his Combo item, he had to vote Boomerang. It just sounds fun.
Tamriellic Titles    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote

AUGH! I CAN'T DECIDE!
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote

Wearable items would be cool as well actually. Too bad I already voted >_> Maybe they can come in the near future if they lose?
Piccolo's Goods    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote

The undead ones seem pretty schweet,
The Shop on a Hill    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:25 pm   Reply with quote

Baseball Bat seems best, but I can't find it on the poll.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:26 pm   Reply with quote

I can't decide! They're all so awesome!

BTW, HOLY YES! I inspired Francis! This is the best day of my li*run over by a truck*
Paradeem 8    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:27 pm   Reply with quote

Ruki Motomiya wrote:
Baseball Bat seems best, but I can't find it on the poll.

Sorry, i meant for it to be honorable mention. Its mostly my idea, but the broken avatar inspired me
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:32 pm   Reply with quote

it sucks how there isnt pokeballs in the list >.>
Koop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:34 pm   Reply with quote

i think in the future we should have the cars at least >.>

Items i really wanted:

PDA
Cellphone
Pokeball
Camera
Koop    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:35 pm   Reply with quote

Larry Koopa wrote:

Items i really wanted:

PDA
Cellphone
Pokeball
Camera

Did you see the Digibutter Pokeball at the bottom? Confused
Paradeem 8    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:37 pm   Reply with quote

CBLuigi wrote:
Larry Koopa wrote:

Items i really wanted:

PDA
Cellphone
Pokeball
Camera

Did you see the Digibutter Pokeball at the bottom? Confused

yeah, those arent going to win. those are honorable ones.. and I dont even like the avatar of the one in the bottom
Koop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:40 pm   Reply with quote

Larry Koopa wrote:

yeah, those arent going to win. those are honorable ones.. and I dont even like the avatar of the one in the bottom

Huh? M'aiq doesn't see images there.
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments