digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Buzzy Beetles are the most neglected important Mario enemies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Evil Spike Top
Spike Top #38
Dead Zombie

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:31 pm   Reply with quote

Buzzy Beetles are very important to the Mario series. We're the first enemies immune to fireballs. While that might not be as important as, say, being immune to being jumped on, it's still an important first. Also, in RPGs, we're nice for having a shelled enemy with varied stats and strengths, with more Defense and Attack than a Koopa, but less HP. Spinies also work, but in RPGs, nearly every spiny is thrown by a Lakitu instead of just found walking along.

In my opinion (slightly biased), the importance of Mario enemies (from the first 3 games) would be:

Koopa (for being the same species of Bowser, who is very important to the games)
Goomba (low-level, simple enemies (not to offend anyone))
Spiny (immune to jumps)
Buzzy Beetle (immune to fire)
Shy Guy (various types)
Cheep Cheep (underwater enemy)
Hammer Bro (unique attack pattern)
Lakitu (unique attack pattern)
Boo (attacking while you look away, being a ghost)
Thwomp (nice platforming addition)
Piranha Plant (It's a Plant)
Blooper (unique attack pattern)
Bullet Bill (not too different from a Goomba)

Etc.

Like I have pointed out before, Buzzy Beetles are very important to the Mario series. However, we don't get the attention we deserve. (I'll admit the Paper Marios were pretty good at giving us the right amount of attention) We play nearly no role at all in Mario Parties and Sports (we were in that one ice minigame in MP8 and..........that's about it). However, Boo's been playable in Mario Parties for a while, Dry Bones and Birdo are playable in MP7, and Hammer Bro is playable in MP8, along with Blooper (who is very unimportant IMO), Koopas, Goombas, and Shy Guys run stores, are in crowds, in the background, etc. in Mario Parties. (Shy Guys didn't do as much of that as Koopas and Goombas, but still did it a lot). Birdo is playable in a lot of Mario sports games.

I'll finish up later, but you see my point.

EDIT: Lakitu hosts many Mario Kart games, Shy Guys and WIGGLERS were playable in Mario Power Tennis, yet still no Buzzy Beetles. Mario Kart games have Koopa and Paratroopa playable, and Mario Hoops 3-on-3 has Fly Guys and Paratroopas playable, but again, no Buzzy Beetles. There is a King Boo, Goomba, and Koopa, there is Petey Piranha, there is General Guy, that Giant Whomp in SM64 along with a Big Bully, yet no King Buzzy Beetle or Giant Buzzy Beetle or anything like that. In RPGs, we see bosses that are giant versions or king versions of normal enemies, like the ones I mentioned before, along with Lava and Naval Piranha and those huge versions of generic enemies in YI and YIDS. Shy Guys had their own chapter in PM, and Koopas oftenetimes have World 8 to themselves, with a few exceptions like SPM.

Last edited by Spike Top #38 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Noobs    

Empy

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 pm   Reply with quote

Nintendo is full of closet racists. Sad
Empyreal Heaven    
Better than yours
Myst

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

The reason they aren't playable in mario party is because they can't stand up on two legs.
Myst's Ownage Shop    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:35 pm   Reply with quote

Blue Magiblot wrote:
The reason they aren't playable in mario party is because they can't stand up on two legs.

Actually, I don't think that affects anything.
Ultimario Mart!    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:43 pm   Reply with quote

Dark Giga Spiked ParaMuth wrote:
Blue Magiblot wrote:

that would mess up all minigames that use hands.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:51 pm   Reply with quote

pure-??? wrote:
Blue Magiblot wrote:

Oh. But what about Blooper? He has no hands.

And not many minigames actually use hands, I think they could get by anyway. Take Boo for example. He's got really stubby hands, but he manages to play games still. And I think Buzzy Beetles could use their forelegs.
Ultimario Mart!    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

pure-??? wrote:
Blue Magiblot wrote:

And not many minigames actually use hands, I think they could get by anyway. Take Boo for example. He's got really stubby hands, but he manages to play games still. And I think Buzzy Beetles could use their forelegs.

tentacle cna be used as hands. legs can't. and a lot of games use hands. a lot of games are "grab this, take it to this"
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:53 pm   Reply with quote

pure-??? wrote:
pure-??? wrote:
Blue Magiblot wrote:

tentacle cna be used as hands. legs can't. and a lot of games use hands. a lot of games are "grab this, take it to this"

The Buzzy Beetles could just let the items rest on their backs.
The Shop on a Hill    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:14 pm   Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
pure-??? wrote:
pure-??? wrote:
Blue Magiblot wrote:

The Buzzy Beetles could just let the items rest on their backs.
it would just fall of
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Evil Spike Top
Spike Top #38
Dead Zombie

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:02 am   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:

it would just fall of

Mario Party doesn't mind defying physics.

I'm going to go edit the 1st post now. It's been edited.

Last edited by Spike Top #38 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Noobs    
M.C BallyHoo
Vampire

HP: 39 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:08 am   Reply with quote

Buzzy beetle FTW
Star carnival    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion