digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Never preorder a game from Target

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm   Reply with quote

I preordered Super Mario Galaxy from Target. I wanted the cool holgram gift card, the collectible coin, and to get the game as soon as possible.

As you know, the game was released on Monday, and as usual, there is a delay of one day before the game is available for sale in stores. While it is annoying, this is understandable, and I have come to expect such a delay.

Well I went into Target today to pick up my copy today, but they refused to sell it to me. It is true that their ad says "Available Wednesday, Nov 14th", but I preordered the game, and they had them in stock. Why would they artificially delay the game an extra day? The manager of the store had no answers, just that they could not sell it to me.

So my warning to you is to never pre-order anything from Target. If you did, then fill out at complaint here:
http://www.target.com/gp/help/display-contact-us-form.html?displayLink=tsq
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm   Reply with quote

Target is being stupid then. I mean, seriously, does it give them an advantage to tease people so? Oh well. I didn't pre-order Galaxy, I'll just see to it that I get it somewhere this month.
Shop of Identities    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:54 pm   Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me with Metroid Prime 3. I just went to Wal-Mart instead and bought it.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote

Im going to try to get it at ToysRUs in a few hours... free $25 gift card!

Then tomorrow im going to buy it from Target to get the commemorative coin, and then just return the game! HAHA Screw you Target!
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:

Then tomorrow im going to buy it from Target to get the commemorative coin, and then just return the game! HAHA Screw you Target!

Clever.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:07 pm   Reply with quote

I preordered it from EBgames. no giftcard, but they still have the coin. teh case was a little elaborate. I even asked "why are there 2?"
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:

I did this to Amazon.com with my Guild Wars Nightfall Collectors Edition. I preordered it, but they didn't ship it for... like a week. Went and bought it at Wal-Mart, and once the order got here the next day, I kept the t-shirt that they shipped it with and sent the game back.

Serves them right.
The Domain of Secrets    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

I personaly think you should never trust target stores....
That sucks man. *pats on back*
TWEWY Pins    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy