digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

My game company is a Ninja game... Kekekekeke.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:18 pm   Reply with quote

Allright. Just a little announcement here, I'm making a ninja game. AND, you get to play as a ninja similar to the ninjoes and ninjohns from super paper mario... pretty flippin' sweet, huh?

It's still way in progress, we barely have all the sprites down yet... so, it's just starting development.

There's one thing I need from you fellows. IF you want to be in the game as a cameo, minor character, or otherwise, you'd be wise to give us a sprite... but there is a rule... the sprites HAVE to be made by you. This is not really a "Fan game", since it is quite original when it comes to spriting, so we wish that ALL characters be original creations.

You WILL be credited for the character...

Here is basically all we have so far:
Quote:

W - face upward
A - move Left, face left
S - Crouch, face down
D - move right, face right

Q - dash in direction you're facing/moving
E - throw ninja star in direction you're facing/moving (can also be used while dashing, while clinging to wall, and while in the air)

spacebar - jump, double jump (press twice), wall jump (press while touching wall)
alt - cling to wall/ceiling (3 seconds, then you fall)

shift - sword attack (can also be used while dashing, while clinging to wall, and while in the air)

story:
In year 123 AD, the world was conquered by a ninja mastermind, Ranbow, a multi-colored ninja who had control over all the ninjas. There were millions of ninjas, all of different colors, from red to yellow to blue... but the two major ninja factions were Teal and Purple. One day, Purple faction's leader, Burbo, decided that he wanted to become the new ninja mastermind... and declared war on Ranbow. One by one, all of the factions were destroyed by Burbo... until only Teal faction was left. Tael, the leader of Teal faction, ordered his ninja army to defend Ranbow with all their might, and so they did... the battle was fierce, and Teal and Purple factions fought for almost 20 years... but eventually, Ranbow himself left, mysteriously. Tael, still loyal to Ranbow, decided that Burbo must be taken out, for Ranbow's honor. Tael and Burbo have never stopped fighting, and to this day, the factions still fight...

one final note:
If you have any music that you may have composed yourself (you have to have composed it yourself, though it doesn't matter if it's original or not), you can submit it to be used in this game.

sprites we have so far:
Teal Ninja

Purple Ninja:
It's just a color swap of the Teal Ninja...
rawrshop    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:25 pm   Reply with quote

Screenshots? I am not very sure at sure the game exists without them. Well, from the current info, it sounds nice. About the story, the millions of color based ninjas who are probably stereotypical isn't the best permanent story structure.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky Wrench wrote:
Screenshots? I am not very sure at sure the game exists without them. Well, from the current info, it sounds nice. About the story, the millions of color based ninjas who are probably stereotypical isn't the best permanent story structure.

This is going to be an online game. We're going to run it through a network. The basic idea was "Red vs Blue team deathmatch/ctf", but since we are tired of generic colors, we added Teal and Purple instead.

Also, there are no screen shots because there have seriously been no levels created. Period. It takes alot more than you think to make a game.
rawrshop    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
Rocky Wrench wrote:

This is going to be an online game. We're going to run it through a network. The basic idea was "Red vs Blue team deathmatch/ctf", but since we are tired of generic colors, we added Teal and Purple instead.

Also, there are no screen shots because there have seriously been no levels created. Period. It takes alot more than you think to make a game.

Sweet! I'll kill people ONLINE!
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

ONLINE? WOOT.
Fiberglass World    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:33 pm   Reply with quote

I'm on Teal Team. Cool
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:34 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
Rocky Wrench wrote:

Finnaly, an online platformer. However, another question about the plot, are the clans (Remnants too) also going to separate themselves not by color, but by intention and possesion? That would prevent recolors and laziness, but it could add alot to the story.

PS:About the screen wanting, I'm used to MFGG, no fangame without screens. Ouch, I know how it feels.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:49 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky Wrench wrote:
Kitsune0012 wrote:
Rocky Wrench wrote:

Finnaly, an online platformer. However, another question about the plot, are the clans (Remnants too) also going to separate themselves not by color, but by intention and possesion? That would prevent recolors and laziness, but it could add alot to the story.

PS:About the screen wanting, I'm used to MFGG, no fangame without screens. Ouch, I know how it feels.

Well, the Purple clan's intention is to destroy all other Ninjas and then become the only remaining, and therefore HEAD clan. The Teal ninjas seek to keep order within the Ninja clans, and hope to one day defeat purple clan and then restore all of the other clans to their former glory.
rawrshop    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 pm   Reply with quote

Not just their motives, but their culture.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:51 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky Wrench wrote:
Not just their motives, but their culture.

Basically Purple is an angry, loud, and very offensive as well as elitist clan, while Teal is more quiet, calm, peaceful, and want peace to be restored. Teal is basically the "good guy" clan.
rawrshop    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 pm   Reply with quote

Ahh. And then there's those non-remaining clans which were wiped away besides traces of their existence... I guess they're unknown for now.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky Wrench wrote:
Ahh. And then there's those non-remaining clans which were wiped away besides traces of their existence... I guess they're unknown for now.

Since it's an online game, there will be only two clans fighting. We might release a single player version with a pre-story as to how the purple clan wiped out the ninjas, and why Teal and Purple were so numerous and strong
rawrshop    
Tails Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:08 pm   Reply with quote

I didn't say they were all fighting. I said that the ruins of many a clan are seen commonly. More story add. I'm a sucker for story.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky Wrench wrote:
I didn't say they were all fighting. I said that the ruins of many a clan are seen commonly. More story add. I'm a sucker for story.

If people actually care for the story, I might either A. write a story about how it happened, or B. we might make a single player version
rawrshop    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:36 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
B. we might make a single player version

You can do both. Make a single player version, and add an option to connect your character online.
Fiberglass World    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations