digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Totally hi-technicaaaaal writing contest.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments
Mariology expert! :B
FaiDFlowright

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

Dang it! I jut saw this and I was going to enter my Water Goddess short story! *pouts*
McDidiles!    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

You still can. I changed the deadline to Sunday.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:21 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lk2/lk2-620.html

I actually DID write this.
Temple of I    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:00 pm   Reply with quote

Ah yes. Welcome to my story. It is one of friendship and many other things. I won't ramble, but I shall begin my tale now.

Scientist: Hmm, yes. It's almost done. Just a few minor adjustments...
???: Well, well, well. What do we have here?
Scientist: Who's there?
Dimentio teleports in.
Dimentio: Don't you remember me? I thought we were friends?
Scientist: Dimentio!? But I thought your game ended!
Dimentio: It did, but I came back. I have new magic now!
Scientist: Wasn't one enough for you? You stole him, absorbed his power, and destroyed my lab! I worked 7 years on him. 7 years! And I'm just about to finish him.
Dimentio: Yes, well, you see, my teleporting is very limited, and I need to refresh it, so hand him over.
Scientist: Never!
Dimentio: Fine then.
Now Dimentio casts a spell of lightning, injuring the Scientist.
Scientist: Urk, is that all you've got? You'll neve get this new Pixl that I created.
The Scientist grabs the object on the table and locks it in a large chest.
Chest: *whirrr* *Click* Lock now active. Awaiting those who may unlock this unit.
The chest goes on an elevator to the basement.
Dimentio: Stubborn Fool!
Scientist: That lock will only open for those who are the ones in the book of light. You can't teleport in, and you can't open it.
*beep*
Scientist: I've just now activated the self-destruct on this building. There's no way you can get out!
Dimentio: Curse you! But you can't escape either!
Scientist: You have your tricks, and I have mine.
The Scientist disappears.
Dimentio: curse him!
The building explodes.
Scientist: Argh! P-Poofer...
*poof*
A duplighost enters.
Poofer: You called?
Scientist: I n-need you to get this to Merlon's house. Unseen.
The Scientist holds up a letter.
Poofer: I'll do it. You need to rest. I'll get you to safety.
Scientist: That won't be necesarry.
Poofer: Tut, Tut. Don't you know, a friend in need is a friend indeed.
The Scientist has passed out.
Poofer: Oh my. I had best get this done.
Poofer and the Scientist exit.
Meanwhile...
O'Chunks: It's gettin' kinda borin' aroond here.
Dimentio: Hello, old friend!
O'Chunks: Dimentio! How'd ya get here? Yer game ended!
Dimentio: Indeed it did. But I need your services for a second.
A strange light surrounds O'Chunks.
O'Chunks: Anything ya need, master.
Dimentio: Perfect.
Meanwhile...
Merlon: Hmm? What's this? I don't remember receiving a letter. It reads "Please get this to the 4 of the Light Prognusticus."
At this moment, Mario and Co. arrive.
Merlon: Excellent timing! I just found a letter for you!
Peach: Well, what's it say?
Merlon: I don't know. But it is for you four.
Merlon hands Mario the note.
The letter reads:
Dear heroes the book:
If you are reading this, I am in grave danger. Dimentio has come back and tried to steal something of great value to me. Please come to my hidden lab in the Floro Sapien caverns. The device attached will lead you to it.
Merlon: Oh my. You had best hurry!
At Poofer's home...
Scientist: Hng... No... No... You won't get him. NO!
The Scientist wakes up.
Scientist: Huh? Where am I?
Poofer: At my house, silly!
Scientist: What am I doing here?
Poofer: Well, you passed out just as I was going to tell you that a friend in need is a friend indeed.
Scientist: Did it get delivered?
Poofer: I can teleport anyone, anything, anywhere, anytime.
Scientist: Of course. I have to get back to the lab.
Poofer: Stubborn as usual. What you need is rest.
Scientist: But...
Poofer: No buts. Get back to sleep.
Mario and Co.
Bowser: Are we there yet? I'm tired, hungry and my feet hurt.
Peach: Oh be quiet. We'll get there when we get there.
Device: BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! We have arrived!
Peach: But I don't... Wait! There it is!
Peach points out the totally reconstructed lab. The heroes enter. A chest comes up.
Chest: Awaiting Mario.
Peach: "Awaiting Mario," hmm? What could that mean?
Luigi: Hey bro, try walking up to that thing!
Mario nods, and walks up.
Chest: Red hat, blue overalls, mustache, red shirt, boots. Mario confirmed. Princess Peach, please come up.
Peach walks up to the odd chest.
Chest: Blonde hair, pink dress, blue gem. Princess Peach confirmed. Bowser, please come up.
Bowser walks up.
Chest: Orange hair, shaggy eybrows, large, spiky shell, horns. Bowser confirmed. Luigi, please come up.
Luigi walks up.
Chest: Green cap, blue overalls, green shirt, boots, mustache. Luigi confirmed. All heroes confirmed. Lock deactivated.
The chest opens, and a whirring sound can be heard.
???: I LIKE TO SCREAM!
An odd Pixl comes out, with Fleep's boody, Thoreau's eyes, and nine of Thoreau's "fingers" circling it.
Proto: My name is Proto. I was created by the Master to assist the heroes of the Light Prognusticus.
Peach: Oh my! How strange.
???: Ahahaha! I laugh like a hyena at comedy night at your stupidity!
Luigi: Hey! Who's there?
Dimentio: Why, it's none other than me!
Bowser: But we destroyed you.
Dimentio: Ah ah ah. You can't get rid of me that easily. Now away with you.
4 boxes surround the heroes.
Proto: No! I'll use my power to get them out!
Suddenly, the heroes digitize. They appear outside of the lab.
Proto: *huff* *puff* I probably shouldn't try anything like that again.
???: You really shouldn't.
Luigi: NOW who is it?
Proto: Master!
Aaron: Allow me to introduce myself. I am Proto's creator, Aaron.
Peach: You created Proto?
Aaron: Precisely. Allow me to show you my lab.
The 5 enter.
Aaron: This is where I do my experiments.
Bowser: So hungry... Ooh, this looks good!
Aaron: Wait don't-
*boom*
Aaron: Touch that. That is one of my experimental decoy traps. Now Bowser, to prevent anymore damage to my lab, I strongly suggest you don't touch ANYTHING.
Bowser: Fine.
Aaron: That is not the first Proto though.
Luigi: It's not?
Aaron: No. Dimentio didn't always have his dimensional powers. He stole the first Proto and completely destroyed my lab. 7 years work was wasted.
Luigi: Wow that's bad.
???: But it was worth it.
Dimentio teleports in.
Dimentio: Now to my prize.
Dimentio traps Proto in a barrier.
Dimentio: Very good, very good. Now O'Chunks deal with them.
O'Chunks comes in.
O'Chunks: Yes master. Allow me to CHUNK these guys up.
Dimentio: Good. Now goodbye.
Dimentio exits with Proto.
Peach: Master?
Aaron: POOFER!
Poofer comes in.
Poofer: You called?
Bowser: A duplighost?
Poofer: I'm not really a duplighost. I'm a Teleghost.
Bowser: Wow.
Aaron: Do you know where Dimentio went? I need you to take the heroes there while I deal with O'Moron here, alright?
Poofer: Gotcha!
Poofer exits with the heroes.
Aaron: Are you ready to fight?
In the old Castle Bleck...
Dimentio: Are you ready?
Proto: You'll never take me!
Poofer: Dimentio!
Poofer teleports in.
Dimentio: Oh, what's this? A sheet and some heroes. I'm shaking.
Poofer: Your game's just about over Dimentio!
Dimentio: Enough talk. NOW DIE!
Dimentio hits Poofer with lightning.
Peach: POOFER!
At the lab...
Aaron: Not only am I smart, I'm a master martial artist.
O'Chunks: Ahl believe that when I see it, ya wee ninnie!
Aaron: Fine!
Aaron grabs O'Chunks and smacks him down on the floor.
O'Chunks: Where am I? What am I doing here?
Aaron: Dimentio hypnotized you somehow. I broke it.
O'Chunks: Great.
Castle Bleck...
Luigi: You're gonna pay for that!
Dimentio: Come now, Mr. L, calm d- Oof!
Luigi hits Dimentio in the stomach.
Luigi: I'll never forgive you for hypnotizing me and mocking this 'stache!
Luigi beats Dimentio into a pulp.
Dimentio: I give! I give! I leave now!
Dimentio exits.
Peach: How are we going to get back?
Proto: I can do it.
Peach: But last time...
Proto: Don't worry about me.
Proto digitizes everyone and the end up at the lab entrance where O'Chunks and Aaron are waiting.
Proto: Geh heh...
Proto collapses.
Aaron: Oh no. He wasn't finished yet. I have to stablize him.
About an hour later, Aaron and Proto come out of the lab.
Aaron: I did it. He's good as new now.
Proto: Now I can join you!
Bowser: But I never got something to eat!

And that ends my tale. It took I don't know how long to write. Hope you like it!
NON BANNER    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:13 pm   Reply with quote

I just thought of a prize for the winner. They get 25 coins. Yay. That's good, right?
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

Probably. Wait two weeks and my page will get more storyline Very Happy
Temple of I    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 am   Reply with quote

Hm...I don't think we're going to get any more submissions today. Besides, I'm pretty sure LynxRunner would still win anyway. So...

*Clears throat*

Congratulations, LynxRunner! You win 25 coins!

Runner-up: Mister I

Since LynxRunner didn't post his story here...here it is!

~~~

Night had long spread its black wings over the skies of Flopside, with its children – the stars – loyally fading into view. With the sun well out of view, the darkness in the city was nearly absolute, and were it made of a substance, would be dense and filling into every corner.

But there was a source of light – it pulsed steadily from withing a stone pillar, located on the top floor of the town, flowing freely from the heart that was placed within; activated by a powerful emotion.

It was powered by grief.

The grief originated from a figure laying besides the Stone Pillar, who from first sight appeared to be female and still in office clothes. Her violet hair, held fast in a bun all day, was let loose, falling over her eyes. In one gloved hand, she held glasses framed from a violent shade of purple. Her other hand was balled and was rubbing over her sobbing eyes. She was alone, crying.

Nothing is so good, it lasts eternally.

Yes, the figure knew that to be true, for she had the experience repeatedly happen to her. Time and time again, the pleasures in her life were lost, and she found that nothing good happened to her in return.

Perfect situations must go wrong.

Once more, the girl agreed with this notion. After all, yet another great situation had been shattered by some event out of her control. Laying her head on the cold stone of the pillar, she replayed mentally her latest grievance.

But this has never yet prevented me…
Wanting far too much, for far too long.

Yes, she had never thought that it would end. She enjoyed the moments she had spent with her dear…she worked hard to make his dark dream come true…she had known the result from the start…she would have rather had some other outcome… and she had tried to dissuade him from the measures she had taken, but he always got his way. She smirked at that. It didn’t matter to her now; she too busy treasuring the moments that had slipped away from her…she would have let the world fall apart for him.

Looking back, I could have played it differently
Won a few more, moments who can tell?

Yes, not everything was lollipops and rainbows. She sometimes wished she had not always been so cold around him…she would wish that she hadn’t acted so professionally around him…

But it took time to understand the man
Now at least I know I know him well

To calm herself in the fits she sometime threw about this, she would add that being friendlier to the Coun-Blumiere; she was so used to calling him that it stuck with her long after she learned his real name, she would still call him that; would not have resolved anything. It could have made thinfs worse…he already had that trauma from losing Timpani. He didn’t need to get involved in anything else. It was for his own good, she would always finish her mental lecture with.

Wasn't it good? (Oh So Good)
Wasn't he fine? (Oh so fine)
Isn't it madness
He can't be mine?

After she had finished calming herself, soon another grim thought crept into her mind: Timpani. There were periods of time in her life where she detested the girl. When the thought struck her too hard, she would stay awake at night, thinking of all the possible ways to torture the girl, Timpani. It was a sort of relief, pinpointing her as the catalyst of sadness in her life. To her, it was like a guilty pleasure.

But in the end he needs
A little bit more than me --
More security
He needs his fantasy
And freedom… I know him so well.

In general, the next morning, she would be plagued with thoughts of guilt. What would Blumiere think of her If he was aware of all the hate that the girl targetted at the love of his life? The spectre of the possibility of it would invade her dreams at times, and experiencing the situation in a fake world would bring her to tears. Yes, that was the reason she was sobbing before the pillar…because that spectre had paid her a visit again…

No one in your life is with you constantly
No one is completely on your side

Nastasia, why do you torture yourself? she pondered. It was a question she was sure many would ask her if she informed them of her situation. I never have the answer, she responded to her thoughts. I don’t know WHY I do this, but I intent to keep on doing it…
She then wiped her face with her arm clear of all the tears.

At least, she decided, until I can think about this without experiencing the pain.

And though I move my world to be with him
Still the gap between us is too wide.

The relationship between Blumiere and herself, she mused, was always and purely professional. Not once was the opinion of his minions asked. She –almost dogmaticly- carried out his orders. She would research information abot the hero’s status –

The hero.

Looking back I could have played things
Some other way
Learned about the man
Before I fell

Undoubtedly, she started, had I eliminated the hero early on – no, at all, I would have gotten some more attention from him. Yeah, all of his attention was channeled at the hero. I never got a chance to get rid of them … Yep, I was always supposed to stay in the castle to watch out for the rogue leftovers of the wedding, she realized.

I was just a little
Careless maybe.

How I regret that now.

But I was
Ever so much
Younger then. Now at least
I know I know him well

‘Kay, well, I guess the hero winning wasn’t too bad, she mused. She then forced herself to admit: “He’s happy…with…Timpani…now.”

Wasn't it good? Wasn't he fine?
Isn't it madness: He won’t be mine?
Didn't I know how it would go?
If I knew from the start
Why am I falling apart?

Nastasia looked up at the heart. It was giving off an ethereal, green illumination from what she gathered. Why green? she thought silently. Why the color of envy? Is it feeding off my emotions?

Wasn't it good?
Wasn't he fine?

Sometimes, I think it would have been better if he had never rescued me…if I never met him…If I hadn’t pledged my eternal loyalty to him, would things be ‘okay’ now?

Isn't it madness
He won't be mine?

“Wait, that heart’s green because it’s always green. Ah…never mind that thought,” she blurted out, abandoning her thoughts of perfidy.

But in the end he needs a
Little bit more than me --
More security

That was the way to put it…he needed security…he needed his constant reassurance…

Nastasia’s face was no longer wet with tears – she was looking and thinking clearly now.

He needs his
Fantasy and freedom

It would have driven him insane not to be with Timpani…no matter what I say, he needs Timpani. No one else would have satisfied him…yeah, that’s right. I really got it right this time.

I know him so well
It took time to understand him

Nastasia stood up. Her head no longer throbbed of grievance and heartache – now it pulsed because of sleep deprivation. But she ignored the pain, for at long last, after the horrible nights, she would be ridden of the spectre that held frightening possibilities and unleashed them upon her dreams. She would be getting no more visits from him…because she had realized the simple answer to it all. Simply, it was Timpani. Yep, that was all.

She put her glasses back on to her skin, sticky from her earlier sobs, and walked away from the pillar.

The farther away she got from the heart, the more its light faded until at last, it reached its nocturnal state.

I know him so well.
~~~~~
I AM A BANANA!!!!
End Boss

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:03 am   Reply with quote

holy crap that's good!!

LynxRunner
Vampire

HP: 85 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:00 pm   Reply with quote

? Block wrote:

Since LynxRunner didn't post her story here...here it is!

Yay, I won! I'm so happy~ Heh, I should post my entry on my site,. It is in dire need of updates.

But really, I'm very happy. ^^

cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:07 pm   Reply with quote

What? No extra points for my story? So, what? I brought Dimentio back. I also just put up a plot that happens after the end. With 3 new characters. That took about an hour and a half to write! You have no consideration for feelings. Since she didn't even put her story up here, how come she still wins? It's not fair! Not fair I say!
NON BANNER    
? Block
Fancy Wario

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:11 pm   Reply with quote

She may have not put her story up here, but she DID submit it. It's perfectly fair. Just take your loss and learn from it. Hell, people lose all the time, and, very often, they never get any acknowledgment for their efforts. You have to take your defeat and try harder next time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments