digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Overrated?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
Drgn Quest n Mother 3 fan
Super Zatch
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:03 pm   Reply with quote

OK, before you all flame me, hear me out.

I haven't been on in a while, because I've been working on my own forum, plus I've been playing Galaxy. Now, it's a great game and all, really, I love it, but it's not... Amazing. I loved Super Paper Mario much better. Let me explain:

Stages:
Now, the stages are interesting and all, but they feel too small. You go from planet to planet in two seconds, there's not much of any exploration. The Bee world way OK, but even that was too small. I liked Super Mario 64 much better, everything felt so big and magical. It kind of lost that feeling.

Controls:
I don't want to sound mean, but I really hate the controls on this game. Everytime I switch gravity, the controls get all messed up, and I end up walking into an enemy! Also, shooting with B feels awkward, I keep pressing that by accident.

Music:
Well, the music is... OK... I LOVED the Toad Town music, and that's about it. The others were OK, but they didn't seem to fit the mood very well, plus they were very repetitive.

Story:
I Hate the story line, nuff said. It started when Bowser lifts Peach out of the ground and carries her into space. I thought, "Wait a minute, this seems familiar..." Then I realized: THIS HAPPENED IN PAPER MARIO! What the heck! And then Rosalina: She's like, "Save the world, here's a luma, bye." She just leaves without explaining anything! She doesn't even know your name until the Toads come!

So, yeah, I love it, but it's by no means a 10/10 game, more like a 8/10.

Don't kill me...
Zatch's Schweet Store!    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:37 pm   Reply with quote

You're basing your opinions upon dumb parts in the story. Like, who cares if Rosalina doesn't know Mario's name? It's a great game.
Shrowser's Shop    
vdogam3r
kEvin

HP: 40 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote

LOL.
I agree with ↑
Epic'ly Random    
Jet
Super Gwag Meister
Vampire

HP: 80 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:08 pm   Reply with quote

Its good how everything gets explained through the whole game.
Mario Kart Central    
vdogam3r
kEvin

HP: 40 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

yeah... really!
Epic'ly Random    
Ehee hee heere we go!
Spooky Speedster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:04 pm   Reply with quote

Ehee hee hee! You obviously don't have a single clue what you are talking about! Super Mario Galaxy's music is enchanting, breathtaking and out of this universe in all aspects. The story may be very predictable, but has it not been in all awesome mario games? Princess Peach gets kidnapped by King Bowser, what else do you need? It's not that it makes the game any less awesome. I can't see how you can complain about the controls, I believe that they are rather simple and very easy to get used to, and I don't even have fingers! I can bet that there will be more people than there is junk in Space Junk Galaxy who will totally disagree with you.
Spooky Festivities    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote

Spooky Speedster wrote:
Ehee hee hee! You obviously don't have a single clue what you are talking about! Super Mario Galaxy's music is enchanting, breathtaking and out of this universe in all aspects. The story may be very predictable, but has it not been in all awesome mario games? Princess Peach gets kidnapped by King Bowser, what else do you need? It's not that it makes the game any less awesome. I can't see how you can complain about the controls, I believe that they are rather simple and very easy to get used to, and I don't even have fingers! I can bet that there will be more people than there is junk in Space Junk Galaxy who will totally disagree with you.

QFT
Toad House    
Super Zatch
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:05 pm   Reply with quote

Guys, I love the game, it's great!
All I'm saying is that you all act like it's the best game ever! That's Super Smash Bros. Melee!
Zatch's Schweet Store!    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm   Reply with quote

True.

But SSBB will beat Melee as best game ever!
Toad House    
Metül!
Ike-Mike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm   Reply with quote

It's better to use a clichéd storyline and know that it'll work instead of using a brand new and original storyline that is so full of flaws that mgiht turn into shit.

Also, Mario Galaxy has beat the number 1 spot of best game ever over SSBM for me.

Super Zatch
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:25 pm   Reply with quote

Strong Bad wrote:
True.

But SSBB will beat Melee as best game ever!
Woo-hoo, agreed! I'll take down on wi-fi sometime. Wink Razz

And, yes, Ike-mike, you do have a point.
Zatch's Schweet Store!    
Not Banned... YET!
Charold
Jailed
Jailed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:30 pm   Reply with quote

Zatch wrote:

I haven't been on in a while, because I've been working on my own forum, plus I've been playing Galaxy. Now, it's a great game and all, really, I love it, but it's not... Amazing. I loved Super Paper Mario much better. Let me explain:

Stages:
Now, the stages are interesting and all, but they feel too small. You go from planet to planet in two seconds, there's not much of any exploration. The Bee world way OK, but even that was too small. I liked Super Mario 64 much better, everything felt so big and magical. It kind of lost that feeling.

Controls:
I don't want to sound mean, but I really hate the controls on this game. Everytime I switch gravity, the controls get all messed up, and I end up walking into an enemy! Also, shooting with B feels awkward, I keep pressing that by accident.

Music:
Well, the music is... OK... I LOVED the Toad Town music, and that's about it. The others were OK, but they didn't seem to fit the mood very well, plus they were very repetitive.

Story:
I Hate the story line, nuff said. It started when Bowser lifts Peach out of the ground and carries her into space. I thought, "Wait a minute, this seems familiar..." Then I realized: THIS HAPPENED IN PAPER MARIO! What the heck! And then Rosalina: She's like, "Save the world, here's a luma, bye." She just leaves without explaining anything! She doesn't even know your name until the Toads come!

CHAROLD ROX YOUR SOX OFF!!...

lol, I wonder who noticed that...

I agree with everything except for the music part. I thought that the music was the best part of all. They were FULLY ORCHESTRATED!

Shahryar101010

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

that game is awesome
Shahryar's Super Mario Shop    
Super Zatch
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:37 pm   Reply with quote

Charold wrote:
Zatch wrote:

Stages:

Controls:

Music:

Story:

CHAROLD ROX YOUR SOX OFF!!...

lol, I wonder who noticed that...

I agree with everything except for the music part. I thought that the music was the best part of all. They were FULLY ORCHESTRATED!
Wait... what? I didn't type CHAROLD ROX YOUR SOX OFF! That doesn't even make sense...

Anywho, I love fully orchestrated music, and think it's great in video games, but just because it's orchestrated doesn't mean it's good. Sigh
I like some of the songs, like the Star Festival. I LOVE THAT ONE! Smile Other than that, though, they're all to, I dunno, cliche...
Zatch's Schweet Store!    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:43 pm   Reply with quote

Shahryar101010 wrote:
that game is awesome

To quote Francis...
Quote:
I love ranting about games on message boards that I've never played!
Toad House    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy