digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Party Members
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario

If they make another Paper Mario with "regular" party members in it like the first two had, which species would you like to see that we haven't had before?
Fuzzy
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Chomp
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Pokey
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shy Guy
43%
 43%  [ 17 ]
Bub-ulb
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Penguin
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Pirahna Plant
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Raven
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote

Random party member discussion.

Party Members That Rocked -

Sushie, Watt, and Ms. Mowz. They took lesser-known, not-as-popular species in the Marioverse, and made something cool out of 'em.

Yoshi. He was cute, good in battle, and you got to choose a color and name. All through Chapter 5 in the original Paper Mario, I kept asking myself, "do I get a Yoshi kid in my party yet? Do I get a Yoshi kid in my party yet?!?" and I never did. Kinda disappointing. TTYD's Yoshi kid, though, more than made up for it. Very Happy

Party Members That Sucked -

Lakilester. Was he intentionally laughably horrible, or was he just a huge afterthought, or both? First of all, his name sounds just like the word "lackluster." (...) Second of all, most party members have a "special" skill for their species, I guess you'd say, i.e. tattling Goombas, flaming Koopas, and slapping Boos. Lakilester just... floats on a cloud... and throws spiny eggs. Nothing special, and none of his battle moves ever help you out. They're pathetically weak. Also, notice on the menus and stuff, the other party members' little blurbs are phrased in a "This [species] likes [hobby/goal], and can [their own special move they use.]" Lakilester's is just, "Throw a spiny egg at an enemy." (I think that's verbatim. @_@) Not even "This Lakitu throws spiny eggs at enemies." Did they just stop caring? Mad

Flurrie. I'm not going to make the typical complaints that she "looks fat" or "shows too much." Instead, it's because she sucks in battle, and sucks as a character to boot. She works as a tank for a little bit during the Boggly Tree, but by the time you get to Glitzville she's pretty much good for nothing. And since when are there "cloud spirits" in the Mario series? The Shadow Sirens were new, too, but at least they got some characterization, interesting backstory (for a Mario game at least,) and good attacks. Flurrie didn't get those things. She could've, but she didn't.

Party Members We'd Like to See -

We should've been able to get a Star Kid in our party in the first PM, and we should've been able to get an X-Naut and/or a Puni in our party in TTYD. It's kinda too late for that now, though, because those species probably won't ever appear again in Mario, aside from assorted cameos. I'll miss Twink and Punio...

Then, there's the fact that we've had Goombas, Koopas, and Bob-ombs in spades since PM came about. We've had multiple Koopas in one party in one game, fer cryin' out loud. What about the other Mario species we haven't had yet?

I, for one, would really like to have a Shy Guy for a partner. They're almost as iconic in the Mario series as Koopas and Goombas are, or at least I think so. And we got one of those little no-name spark things that circle the platforms around from Super Mario Bros. 2 as a party member before we got a Shy Guy. I liked Watt, don't get me wrong, but, say... imagine how you would feel if you got the Spinner in Twilight Princess, but in lieu of Bombs. Yes, the Spinner's fun, but you'd be like "WTF WHERE ARE MY BOMBS."
We could even get, like, an orange Shy Guy or something, or a purple Shy Guy, or a black or white Shy Guy. One with dance moves, or something. Maybe one that can fly, instead. Choices, choices, but no matter what choices are made, having a Shy Guy would be ocol.

Besides that, Bub-ulbs seem to have lots of untapped potential, and a Penguin would also be nice, solely on the basis that it's cute, and I like cute things. Confused o_o; I guess.

Discuss.
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:43 pm   Reply with quote

What about ninjoes?
Shop #42    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote

Shy Guy FTW!
Piccolo's Goods    
Pure Heart
Luvbi

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:10 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa pls.

A Nimbi would be cool too, but they're probably not going to ever appear again.
Overthere Stair    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:12 pm   Reply with quote

Luvbi wrote:
Magikoopa pls.

A Nimbi would be cool too, but they're probably not going to ever appear again.

Technically, we magikoopas are koopas too. We just have wizard training and cool robes.
Shop #42    
Pure Heart
Luvbi

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

I know, but Magikoopas would still have more interesting attack options than a normal Koopa. Stat boosting, invisibility, etc
Overthere Stair    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

Luvbi wrote:
I know, but Magikoopas would still have more interesting attack options than a normal Koopa. Stat boosting, invisibility, etc

Don't forget the brooms. We can play a mean game of quidditch.
Shop #42    
I AM A BANANA!!!!
End Boss

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

definitely a Chain Chomp

cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm   Reply with quote

Chain chomp would be funny too see. *imagines*
Mario: Now, Chompy! Get the Koopa!
Chompy: ARF! ARF! *Chompy proceeds to eat Mario*
Mario: NO! BAD CHOMPY! BAD!
Whoa.
NON BANNER    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:59 pm   Reply with quote

Chomp. I'd like to give Tutankoopa a taste of his own medicine...
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Grodus
Drive-Thru Whale
Burning

HP: 70 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:33 pm   Reply with quote

Definitley Shy Guy. They have a lot of potential.
For some reason I want to see an Ember as a partner too. o_O

GACK ACK ACK ACK!

Brobotics Master
The Green Thunder
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:44 pm   Reply with quote

Chain Chomp. Kinda like the one Bowser used in SMRPG: LotSS. That owned.

Heh heh heh.

The Green Thunder

Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:45 pm   Reply with quote

I'm still wondering what a shyguy looks like without its mask.
Shop #42    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote

It's actually just a black void where their faces should be. Why do you think they wear a mask? Well, then again, to answer my own question, they are shy.
NON BANNER    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:47 pm   Reply with quote

Are you sure they don't have really scary faces? *goes up to the nearest shyguy and peeks under its mask*

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*faints*
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario