digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Plothole Filler - Ask me Anything
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Star Carnival
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm   Reply with quote

Rules are simple:

1) You ask me a question regarding the Mario series.
Example: How come Luigi was able to make Brobot when he never before showed such skill? (Then again, we rarely see him on his own...)

2) I try to come up with an answer.

3) If I can, I get 5 coins from the person who asked the question. If I can't, he/she gets 10 coins.

Remember: This has to do with things that confuse or make little sense in the Mario world. Questions like "Where is the 10th coin in world 2 level 4?" will not be accepted.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:23 pm   Reply with quote

Very well, I have more than enough coins to waste for truth...

Question 1: We've seen Donkey Kong as a general enemy of Bowser in the Mario Party series (specifically his removal from the playable status debut, Mario Party 5, where Bowser actually backed off from stealing stars when DK appeared randomly). However, why is DK, or all the Kongs for that matter, so neutral in Bowser's world-threatening or more devious plots? It would seem that a hero who was constantly invited to parties would be more than willing to help out, like Yoshi.

(Yoshi is the counterexample, as he is able to appear to help Mario despite having a great distance to travel in order to reach The Mushroom Kingdom, and actually has less means of transportation than DK (Funky has a plane) to reach Mario).

Thanks for answering this question if you do. Smile
Temple of I    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 pm   Reply with quote

How can the mario bros come back from death at anytime with a lifeshroom, but yet All the bosses you beat be dead and unable to come back.
Lapin Angelique    
Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote

Maya Fey wrote:
How can the mario bros come back from death at anytime with a lifeshroom, but yet All the bosses you beat be dead and unable to come back.

Bowser too?

Also:I may give it a try, but ONLY if you don't answer with "It's a game!"

Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:14 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I: Well, the Kongs are from any country close to Dark Land or the Mushroom Kingdom, remember? Their home - DK Isles - is far off the coast of the contient that the Mushroom Kingdom and Dark Land are found on. Due to distance, they are never on Bowser's side, but also not on Mario's side. Because of this, Bowser would let DK off, since he had nothing to worry about from the ape. As for the Heroes, well, DK has to worry about the Kremlings, right? Thus, Mario and Co. leave him alone so that he can deal with his own foes.

Maya Fey: The bosses don't have any Life-Shrooms. And before you ask, Bowser keeps getting brought back to life by his Magikoopas. Most likely Kamek.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:40 pm   Reply with quote

I'll pay you no matter what, but this still doesn't explain why DK appears in Mario Parties, why he often chooses to fight Bowser (his favorite item in MP2 was the Bowser Bomb, which summoned the big guy), and why he defends Mario's side in MP5, rather than going with Bowser, who has more coins, recourses, and power.
Temple of I    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:47 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
I'll pay you no matter what, but this still doesn't explain why DK appears in Mario Parties, why he often chooses to fight Bowser (his favorite item in MP2 was the Bowser Bomb, which summoned the big guy), and why he defends Mario's side in MP5, rather than going with Bowser, who has more coins, recourses, and power.

He appears in Mario Parties because he likes parties! ... *shrugs*

He fights Bowser sometimes because he doesn't like scaly reptilian creatures.

He defended Mario that time because Mario offered bananas.
Dark Land Supply Store    
YELLING TO THE WOOOORLD!
CudgeIsCool

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:10 am   Reply with quote

In Paper Mario 2, Blooey (A blooper) who Luigi knocked into the lava, how did he live?

Fallen Archangel Dragon
BonechillShadow
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:35 am   Reply with quote

Is Petey Piranha one of a species, or can he just revive himself from goop? (When Petey dies in Sunshine, he sinks into a puddle of goop. If this is a liquid form, he might be able to split , explaining the two Peteys in Daisy Gardens on MSB)

hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 am   Reply with quote

BonechillShadow wrote:
Is Petey Piranha one of a species, or can he just revive himself from goop? (When Petey dies in Sunshine, he sinks into a puddle of goop. If this is a liquid form, he might be able to split , explaining the two Peteys in Daisy Gardens on MSB)

Don't start taking Medikoopa's job already.
Gemstone Goods    
Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:03 am   Reply with quote

what happened to the kooplings?

Dann Woolf

HP: 70 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am   Reply with quote

Here's a question.

Fort Francis probably cost Francis a shitload of coins, and his xbox hueg collection of all things nerdy probably cost him even more. Not to mention the large amount of cat-themed robots, the security systems, and then there's probably the gargantuan bill for the electricity keeping everything running.

Where is Francis getting the money for all that?

Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:49 am   Reply with quote

CudgeIsCool wrote:
In Paper Mario 2, Blooey (A blooper) who Luigi knocked into the lava, how did he live?

Lava does not immediately kill in real life. It burns really really bad, but you can be saved from it if someone's quick enough. Yes, in the Mario games, if you go in, you die, but maybe they applied the Real-life version instead? After all... in the Paper Mario series, if you hit lava, you bounce back out with some damage dealt to your HP bar.

BonechillShadow wrote:

Petey Piranha is one of a species. The Petey found in Sunshine was a paint-copy, as were most of the enemies you face in the game. The two Peteys in Daisy Gardens were born from the same flowerbed.

Sind wrote:
what happened to the kooplings?

The have their own castles to worry about, and thus their own problems in ruling. I like to think that, as an example, Wendy has her own line of fashion and maybe a spa-resort, which keeps her very busy...

Dann Woolf wrote:
Here's a question.

Fort Francis probably cost Francis a shitload of coins, and his xbox hueg collection of all things nerdy probably cost him even more. Not to mention the large amount of cat-themed robots, the security systems, and then there's probably the gargantuan bill for the electricity keeping everything running.

Where is Francis getting the money for all that?

Catch Cards. He makes a killing in the trade and so he sells the high-costing cards that he already has over the internet. He also has a part-time job at an internet site (if not his own) reviewing anime, cartoons and video games. Maybe he has his own online-comic, too. The site brings in viewers which donate coins to keep the site up.

Hey. He's the All-Nerr. It wouldn't surprise me if this was true...
Dark Land Supply Store    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 am   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

Maya Fey: The bosses don't have any Life-Shrooms. And before you ask, Bowser keeps getting brought back to life by his Magikoopas. Most likely Kamek.

If that is the case, why does`nt bowser just have magikoopas reincarnate the bosses?
Stuff Mart    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:59 am   Reply with quote

Wait, Medikoopa, it looks like you're just making these up instead of basing them on real Mario situations...
Shrowser's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Star Carnival